inactive

Laura A Harper MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 30th, 2016
Wow great
Wow some people are redic this is clearly a compassionate doctor who cares and just want to help people. She probably wouldn't give the little girl who wrote the bad review any drugs smh

October 7th, 2013
Dr. Harper Un Helpfull
I was bleeding for an entire month and used my VA benefits to see a VA doctor. I was told Dr. Harper would be whom I would be seen by. I told her the problem she took a blood test and walked back into the room I was waiting with my files, and told me congratulations you are expecting. I about fell over in my chair and asked her how that could be when 30 days prior I had both my tubes burned. She looked at me and said that nothing is 100% as it relates to making a baby. I asked how we could be sure as I was still bleeding, the reason I went in, and she told me to create an Apt and come back as the women’s clinic would be closing. She asked me to do what! I was very bothered and concerned, would my husband and I be expecting our third child? I told her I would really like to get this cleared up before leaving and she said again there was nothing she could do for me but ask me to create an Apt. I walked out and down a long hallway and cried. I ran into a man who looked over at me while sitting in his office with the door opened. He got up and walked out as I walked by and asked if I was OK. I explained my news and feelings and he walked me down to the ER and told me that I could be seen at Bay Front Medical Center. He explained that they, Bay Front, would test my hormone levels to see if they go up on the following day or down. I thanked the man and I was seen at Bay Front. I was not expecting I was miscarrying. I was very disappointed that a DR would not take the time to read my file before walking in and congratulating me after surgery less than a month prior. It is sad when I am only 35 year of age and do not fit the “normal” age range of a Veteran and can not get the care needed. If I had not, by the luck of the draw, walked by this man’s office door. I would have been scared and weak, from bleeding, and walked out with no solution. No thanks to Dr. Harper. I expected more from a women Dr!

February 16th, 2012
Professional, caring, thorough ...
She caught some life-saving problems at least a couple of times. I'm not sure she knows just how appreciated she is.

March 4th, 2009