Dr. Laura Hershorin MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Bradenton, FL

December 16th, 2014
Dr. Hershorin was very patient and easy to talk to. I truly liked her for my primary care physician. I had appointments with her only twice and then found out she was switching to Concierge Practice. That is fine for patients who don't have to pay for their own insurance, but was just too costly for me. I was sad to lose her for that reason. The waiting time at her office sometimes could be very long.

May 28th, 2014
Money over Medicine
Dr. Hershorin struck me as lazy & self centered. She spent way more time doing data entry than responding to my questions & concerns. She has a template for a patient's life style and no tolerance for any deviation, even if medical issues prevent full compliance. She seems to be more interested in rubber stamping healthy patients & cashing their checks than actually dealing with people who have real medical issues...probably better suited to pathology although she also missed diagnosed me.

May 2nd, 2014
Hypocrite
DR. Hershorin likes to talk about "not practicing bad medicine" and acts like she's very concerned about your health. Then I get a letter talking about how she's going to a "Concierge" type office to "provide better care" for only $1500. This is simply a thinly veiled way to dump her poorer patients to concentrate on the rich ones. Well, I'm one of the poorer ones and I feel completely betrayed that I am being dumped because I can't afford to pay the "upgrade fee". Sick of money grubbing doctors who pretend to care. Good riddance!!

May 2nd, 2014
AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Poor experience. This doctor is only interested in you if you are well; otherwise, you are ALWAYS relegated to a Physician's Assistant (who is capable if you have a common illness, but certainly cannot AND SHOULD NOT BE EXPECTED TO deal with more complex issues. If you have pain, you'll be told to go to an emergency room. This is a HANDS-OFF, callous approach. And now that she is going "concierge" it is absolutely laughable. You'll pay $1500 for a PA. Read the literature on the move to concierge--it does NOT mention you'll have better access to the DOCTOR, only that you'll get services from associates, like acupuncture and dietary advice. The best thing I ever did was find a different doctor!

April 16th, 2014
No Show
I waited over an hour and never saw a sign of Dr. Hershorin. No clue if she was even in the building. Waiting room empty, just 1 other waiting, several staff. Got weighed etc. by assistant then nada. Left in disgust. Tried to phone but they didn't answer. Last year wasn't much better.

January 26th, 2014
Exceptional
Dr. Hershorin is one of the most knowledgeable and truly caring physicians I have ever dealt with. It is amazing the amount of time she spends with her patients and her commitment to ensure they receive the best care available; whether by her or a specialist if needed. I would never consider finding, or be able to find a better PCP. She is diligent at staying on top of problems with F/U appointments PRN and encourages her pt's to succeed in their own health care with her support.

January 26th, 2014
I respect your time, so please respect mine
Every time I have an appointment, I am always on time and am taken quickly into an exam room and then sit for 45 mins to an hour every time I go. This makes no sense. I understand there are emergencies, but that's never been the excuse. I am expected to sit and wait and wait and wait. This is not right. I don't know if they overschedule or what, but I've never had to wait so long at any other doctors.

March 3rd, 2013
Dr. Hershorin is no longer at the LWR location. Her new office is in Health Park East on SR 70. I found both Dr. Hershorin and her staff to be very attentive. She's easy to talk to and took her time during my visit to listen to my concerns.

October 5th, 2011

March 5th, 2011
Love her!
Dr. Hershorin is kind, attentive, sensitive, funny, smart, thorough. I feel like I'm with a good friend and that I can count on her when I need a doctor's advice.

December 18th, 2010
Mismanaged practice . chaotic. Hurried. Office is dumpy

May 28th, 2010
Great Listener & Caring Doctor
Going to the Doctor is never very easy for me but Dr. Laura has made it easier and easier to discuss whatever issues I may have. I'm glad she's at LWR since that's where I live so it's close by.