Dr. Laura Knecht Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Laura Knecht?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Laura Knecht?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 21st, 2016

Patient

This is a doctor that looks outside the box. She has been the ONLY doctor to look at ALL of symptoms going on instead of JUST looking at her specific specialty and was able to piece everything together relating back to my husbands brain injury. Bless this woman!

October 3rd, 2016

Office manager

Like Dr. Knecht's beside manner and been seeing her for years (even though I scored 1 star)--- the support team however....Ugghh! ZERO compassion, ZERO initiative to help patients with insurance requests, and ZERO communication within the same four walls. Have been waiting for insurance paperwork to be filled out since July. It is October. Still don't have my medication---but hey, its nothing too serious I am being treated for apparently-------at least to the office staff! The office manager Theresa even suggested I just pay out of pocket as a solution for them holding off on my insurance pre-authorization paperwork---$2800/month! Clearly no clue about patient care or customer satisfaction! Steer clear if you don't have a ton of time to follow up on everything---because if you leave it to the Midtown Endocrinology team to help you, it won't happen.Thinking about it, its sad that I actually preferred the longer wait time and difficulty getting an appointment at St. Joe's vs. now at this office. At least they had a support team that knew how to do their jobs and made you feel like you mattered.

August 26th, 2016

GREAT DOCTOR!!

I really like Dr. Knecht. She really listens to what is going on and pays attention to what you are saying. Highly recommend.

July 21st, 2016

I realize why I waited to make a follow up. She refused to refill a prescription that I desperately needed. My husband and I went in to my follow up and she was to say the least very rude and no patience. Accusing me of not being willing to help myself so she said she would not help. My husband became very upset. She insulted him and then refused to acknowledge him or answer his questions. Absolutely no empathy or bedside manner. (Quack)

August 5th, 2015

Dr. Laura A Knecht is a five Star Doctor.

March 4th, 2015

She left St. Joe's and now doesn't take my insurance.

January 29th, 2015

She is a "Dr House" for sure. She listens and learns the patient's needs. I am so impressed!

April 22nd, 2014

Patient

Dr. Knecht in my opinion is lazy. You offer services that you treat Diabetes and then after two visits you tell me to go some where else and you know of a Dr who can treat my diabetes but yoy will contine to treat my Gland problems. Lazy, if you ask me and your rudeness and that staff and front office staff is horrible. Not recommended!!! If it was not for Barrows being the best I would not be here. Knecht is going to help give Barrows a bad rep. Sorry Dr. if you would put more time and effort in your patients maybe they will rate you better 1 Star is all you get here.

May 14th, 2013

St Joe's should replace Dr Knecht before she hurts their name as well

This doctor does not care about her patients at all. You can not get a hold of her or her staff and trying to get an appointment with her, as her patient, is a month or two wait. if you have anything more then a simple black and white case you might as well forget it because she does not know what she is doing. She is rude, she yells, she ignores you and she allows her medical assistant, Debra to ignore you and laugh at you when you ask her questions. Dr Laura Knecht is a horrible doctor, it is appalling that St Joe's has her on staff, which makes them look bad as well. I would stay as far away from this doctor as you could.

August 30th, 2012

I will tell everyone I know don't use this dr..

March 17th, 2012

"....technically in a coma." because of no follow up.

During the time in the hospital after a "Thyroid Storm" is when I met Dr. Knecht, I really had no choice. After one blood test after the hospital visit and one office visit, I was prescribed methimazole. I got a huge bottle of it, with 3 refills. I took my medicine as prescribed, so many and so many refills, I thought I would have to be on these for the rest of my life. The first prescription lasted 3 months. I was never given a time to have more blood work done, a follow up appt. What do I know. I've never had trouble with my thyroid before. As I was running low on the first prescription, I felt horrible. REALLY horrible. I called the office, told them, told them my hair was falling out. Appt, in 3 months. Ok. I felt so horrible, I went to see my GP. She was shocked at how horrible I LOOKED, said to straight to the Endos office. I called first to tell them I was on my way, Dr.'s orders. I waited forever, then saw Dr. Knecht, had blood work done. She came in with another Dr. and told me that I was "technically in a coma." She asked about the medication. I told her that I had taken it as prescribed and how much. She said "I would never have prescribed that much." and walked out of the room. The other Dr. said "It's not OUR fault." I had said nothing, but to that, I said, "by saying that, you must feel some responsibillty.". No answer. They threw me in a wheel chair and wheeled me over to the hospital. I remember the cobblestones. So, I spent a week in the hospital. Again afterwards, I had to be the one to be self vigilant. Always a cavalier attitude from Dr. Knecht. I went to the pharmacy to check records. They showed me the faxed document from the Doctor's office with her signature. She has been a nightmare.

November 30th, 2011

Waste of time sadly

I was really looking forward to this appointment. Unfortunately it went terribly. We started by waiting over 2 hours to see the doctor, almost made me late for another very important appointment that day. I finally got seen, she didn't stay on task. She went over things that had no bearing on her speciality, why I was there or why I was referrd to her.It was very discouraging appointment.Having waited months for this appointment, what a total waste of time, energy and money. Still no answers, no attempt to keep lookig into the problem and no follow-up other than to say everything looks okay. Well, things are FAR from okay, but apparently I won't be getting any real answers here.I would say, look for another doctor unless you have time, money and energy to waste.