A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Laura Kunkel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kunkel
ADHD in Adults Patient Education Read our adult ADHD patient education guide and learn all about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Before Visiting Dr. Kunkel Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Laura Kunkel, MD is board certified in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Kunkel graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Kunkel has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- University Hospital At Stonybrook
- University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Laura Jean Kunkel MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Laura J. Kunkel practice?
- Dr. Laura Kunkel has 1 office location.
Dr. Laura Kunkel practices Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine near Stony Brook, NY.
See Stony Brook Psychiatrists.