Dr. Laura Lai MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 5th, 2015
I love Dr. Lai. She is articulate, bright, and extremely good at her job. She got my medication right on the first try, and it has transformed the quality of my life.

December 18th, 2014
I liked this Dr. Very much since she did listened to my concerns and addressed them. I liked how she explained the treatment and answered all my questions. I did not like how much they charged me for a missed appointment since I was out sick and forgot about it. I thought if was a little hefty.

February 13th, 2014
Everything about her is wonderful
If you want to be genuinely heard and really helped, go see her. I mean it!

August 16th, 2013
I completely trust and appreciate Dr. Lai's expertise, kindness, and compassion. She is always well informed on medications and takes the time to explain them in full. She has been very understanding and supportive of me and my financial situation in regard to the expense of some of these medications and services. I value her service so much and honestly would be lost without her. And I can trust her to always be honest with me in my mental health care.

June 22nd, 2013
Good Experience
Saw Dr Lai for the first time a few weeks ago. Recommended by my primary care. Very friendly, knowledgable and helpful. Office staff great with dealing with insurance company hassles. Parking a little difficult on Tuesdays b/c of street cleaning.

May 9th, 2013
Great psychiatrist, horrible therapist in her office!
I started seeing Dr. Lai for anxiety and depression, and I found her to be wonderful. She is great with medication management, and understood my condition and the time it would take to get better. I am grateful to have Dr. Lai as my psychiatrist. However, her therapist in the office, Lorrie, is a nightmare! When I first went in to see Dr. Lai, both she and I agreed that I should enter therapy, and she referred me to Lorrie. Lorrie was incredibly disrespectful to me, making hurtful and irrelevant comments about my race (including stereotypes). I saw Lorrie on more than one occasion, and every time, she would make comments about my race which had nothing to do with what I was seeking treatment for! I even asked Lorrie to stop talking about my race, but she still continued! Lorrie also repeatedly requested to me about talking to my mom, repeatedly requesting that she call my mom (when what I wanted to talk to her about had nothing to do with my mom). So, Lorrie may unwantedly request to talk to people in your life, whether you like it or not! Eventually, it got to the point where every response Lorrie gave to me was either about my race or my family. (I went into see her for anxiety and depression, and my race or my family had nothing to do with it!) If you are seeing Dr. Lai, and you request therapy, she may automatically refer you to Lorrie, because Lorrie is right there in the office, However, don't hesitate to ask Dr. Lai for other referrals, if it doesn't work out. After my experience with Lorrie, I asked Dr. Lai for referrals outside the office and also looked for therapists on my own. At least now I can see a therapist who treats me with dignity!!!

March 26th, 2013
doesn't care about her patients
I went to see Dr. Lai a few times but then lost my health insurance. when i got a new job and wanted to see her again, she wanted to charge me as a new patient, which was like $300 for an appointment. i got upset about this and pointed out that i had been her patient for some time and had multiple appointments with her in the past. apparently, this was enough for her to decide that i was "belligerent" and she decided to no longer accept me as a patient. only she didn't notify me of this, she simply stopped returning my phone calls, and left me stranded with no doctors, waiting for her to get back to me. To me, this seems highly unprofessional, and a violation of her ethical code. It seems to me like Dr. Lai cares a lot more about her paycheck than her patients. That's one thing if you are a dermatologist, and quite another when you are a psychiatrist.

July 27th, 2012
The Best!
I have seen Dr. Lai for the past year and she is a great fit for me. She is smart and kind but also no-nonsense. She's the best with medications and always takes the time to explain things to me. My previous psychiatrist had me on 4 different pills for my problem and Dr. Lai got me down to one and I'm feeling much better. She's also always on time which is such a nice change from other doctors I've been to.

June 19th, 2012
GREAT DOCTOR
I HAVE BEEN SEEING DR. LAI FOR THREE YEARS NOW. SHE IS KIND AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. SHE TAKES THE TIME WITH ME. I AM DOWN FROM TAKING THREE MEDICATIONS WITH MY LAST PSYCHIATRIST TO ONLY ONE MEDICATION NOW. I AM FEELING MUCH BETTER AND MY QUALITY OF LIFE IS SO MUCH BETTER TOO.

June 19th, 2012
GREAT DOCTOR

May 4th, 2012
Money, money, money. Greed!!!!

February 6th, 2012
Kathy
I have always liked Dr. Lai since the first time I have seen her. Now that she knows that wheat gluten is a lot of the cause of my depression, she has been very helpful in working with me and this food allergy. She's an excellent doctor !