Family Practitioner

5100 W Taft Rd
Ste 1G
Liverpool, NY 13088
(315) 452-2828
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

|  significant other for one of her patients  |  show details
May 21st, 2014

SCARY physician if looking to gain treatment for addiction and are looking for recovery .Would rate her a 0 if that was an option. My sig. other had seen her for suboxone. Previous he had almost 4 yrs drug free. Since Dr. Martin, he has struggled and may need rehab - she provided prescriptions for controlled substance for an addiction she was supposedly treating

Apr 21st, 2014

I'm not sure what all the bad reviews are about but I have to say that Doctor Martin is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met. She is also my finaces doctor and he feels the same way about her. She has always worked us into her schedule when we needed to see her, made referrals to specialists when needed not only spends time with us during our appointments but has been nothing but kind and respectful towards us & has helped me through many difficult times. When anyone asks me if I know a good Doctor I don't think twice about recommending Doctor Martin as I feel she is one of the best family practice doctors around.

|  PATIENT  |  show details
by K. MARTIN on Apr 16th, 2014

DR MARTIN IS MY GOD SEND, THE FIRST TIME SHE SEEN ME, SHE WAITED AFTER HRS AS I WAS IN URGENT CARE AND NEEDED A NEW DOC. I HAD BEEN MISS DIAGNOSED AND SHE HAD ALL TESTS RAN STAT AND WAITED WITH ME FOR THE RESULTS. FINDING A TUMOR BEHIND MY EYE. PEOPLE MIS READ HER AS SHE IS A TOUGH COOKIE BUT HER SKILLS AS A DOCTOR ARE SPOT ON AND SHE TAKES CARE OF YOUR ISSUES, IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOURSELF TO FOLLOW HER ORDERS SHE WILL LET YOU KNOW, SHE CAN'T TAKE CARE OF YOU IF YOU CAN'T DO AS SHE ASKS. I LOVE HER BEDSIDE MANNER AND HER DRY SENSE OF HUMOR. YES SHE OVERBOOKS, BUT I BELIEVE IT'S BECAUSE SHE HAS SO MANY PATIENTS NEEDING HER, SHE WILL WORK ALL THE OVERTIME TO GET ALL THE PATIENTS IN. FRUSTRATING YES, BUT I HAVE HAD OTHER DOCTORS AT THIS PLACE AND THEY ARE NO LONGER WORKING THERE. BAD BAD BAD. HER NURSING STAFF IS FANTASTIC,, I LOVE THEM ALL. I GIVE THEM ALL 5 STARS. DOCTOR MARTIN, 10 STARS. SHE SAVED MY LIVE MORE THAN ONCE.

|  Former patient  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2013

Dr Martin has as many faults as a Dr can have and still get by. In my opinion it's all about the money with her. You don't have to look around her office much to see that, all the drug reps..She made a list recently published in our local newspaper, naming her as one of those who receives money and perks. Personally, she constantly tried to switch me to prescriptions that were of a high tier in my plan, ones with huge co-pays. Secondly she loves taking X-rays and then not using them to help treat the pt. all about the money. Her bedside manner is one of arrogance, and being judgmental. I would not recommend her to anyone!

|  sucks bis time  |  show details
by BOM on Sep 21st, 2013

Dr.Martin doesnt have time to spend with patients.I am not seeing her again. Never seen such unprofessional, little knowledge doctor.Medical council should remove her from practicing.

|  Beyond Unbelievable  |  show details
by Fed Up on Aug 22nd, 2013

Have been a patient of Dr. Martin for five years. The wait is always extended; my latest appt extended for two and a half hours -- for Rx refills. It is always this bad. At best Dr.Martin is mildly concerned with my long-term health, but generally she is rushed and spends as little time with me as possible. The front desk staff is transiently professional & it's hit or miss with her nursing staff as well. Bottom line, unless you are a person with a LOT of extra time on your hands, and don't mind being another faceless fish in her ocean, avoid Dr.Martin at all costs.

|  Very rude,unprofessional and careless  |  show details
by Reddy on Jun 14th, 2013

I was at the urgent care as I had trouble breathing a few months ago and Dr.Martin diagnosed it as Pneumonia and put me on medications for 3mnths. I started having trouble again and when I called the office, I didnt get a prompt response from anyone. In my second visit, she said that its actually Asthma and not pneumonia. She does not have time to answer any of the patient's questions. So is her staff. Everybody is rude and they make you wait for hours even if you have an appointment. I decided to go to a specialist and called her office to ask for a referral. Its been 2 weeks and I have not heard anything back. She misdiagnosed my condition and now she doesnt even care when Iam in pain. I would not recommend even an enemy to go to her.

|  Extremely Rude  |  show details
by Michelle on May 31st, 2013

Dr. Martin was the on-call doctor for my doctor's office. I had seen my doctor earlier in the day and she was going to send my prescription off to the pharmacy for a new antibiotic since the one I was taking was giving me bad side-effects. When I went to go pick it up later there was no prescription received. Somehow when my doctor sent it, it didn't get transmitted. So it was after hours and the nurse said she didn't see why the doctor on call couldn't call it in for me. Well after 3.5 hrs of going back and forth and finally speaking to Dr. Martin myself she was very rude and refused to give me anything. She could see that my doctor was going to give me the medicine in her computer but said since she didn't see me personally to treat me she would not call it in for me. What is the point of being an on call doctor then? Does she not believe that my doctor knows what she is doing? So since it is a Friday I have to wait until Monday to go and get my antibiotic or else I can hope that the on call doctor for Saturday isn't a witch like Dr. Martin. Seriously the lady has issues and I much rather suffer then ever go see a doctor like her.

Nov 20th, 2012

I am finding another doctor...Do not go to her, You will have to make an appointment for every little thing, the Dr. will not call you. The wait to see th Dr. is awful.

|  Scared this is my new primary  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

Dr. Martin spent 5 minutes with me tops and this was my first appointment with her as a new patient. I have a complicated medical history an was recently diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and prescribed Humira for it. I had several questions about the medication, if I could get a flu shot, etc. I never got to ask any of those questions though. She listened to my heart and lungs, looked down my throat, and walked out the door. Literally. Didn't even say good bye. I thought she was coming back and then the nurse came in with my discharge papers. She wasn't outright rude or mean, but I felt no connection with her, and no sense that she was interested in me as a patient, or what I had to say.

|  A new low in healthcare providers.  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

A doctor is only as good as her office staff, and based on this alone her office is worth avoiding at all costs. Two months ago I had to wait 2 hours past my appointment time to be seen. When I asked how long it would be I was told that there had been a patient with a medical emergency so, "of course, they were more important." I agreed and expressed my dissatisfaction that I hadn't been told there was an issue; had I known I'd have lightened her case load by rescheduling. Today's visit, at 20 after my scheduled time, I asked if there was an estimated time. I was told, again,very rudely, that there had been a patient with a medical emergency, "obviously they come first." I said "not obviously, how are we to know this if you don't tell us?" I asked for my co-pay back and left. A friend of mine who works at that office pulled me aside as I was leaving and told me that she books a 3 to 1 ratio and she uses that lie whenever she gets behind, which is all the time. Glad to be rid of her!

|  happy to wait  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

I drive from out of town to see her because she has always taken care and time, will always squeeze me in, even though it destroys the schedule.....I hope she does that for others that need her, I just bring a book and lookm forward to my visits.

Jun 14th, 2012

long wait but well worth the time

|  Unprofessional Greedy Doctor  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2012

You wait at least 40 minutes in the waiting room. Another 40 in the tiny hot room they put you in. Then, when she finally comes in she rushes you not listening to anything you say. Then she runs out the door. More concerned with Drug Rep kick backs then patients needs. While waiting in the lobby each time I watch at least 3 drug reps come back each visit. They are the reason you wait so long.She spends most of her day meeting with drug reps and chit chatting with them even though she's 2 hours behind schedule. I've witnessed this first hand twice now. I sat in my room watching her chat about family and friends with a drug rep for 25 minutes until I finally said something. Then, after reporting her for her over bookings, not listening, not calling in referrals, not filling prescriptions and lastly pretending to evaluate me she decides to cut my prescriptions down just so I won't visit her anymore. I have been seeing doctors since I was 5 on a regular basis and she is by far the worst in every possible category. I hope she gets regular drug tests because she shows signs of drug use (I've seen this as well first hand on several occasions). Also, it's kinda hard to hide deteriorated nostril tissue from coke use. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone ever. Save yourself ANOTHER trip and skip her all together.

|  Tamara Dixon  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

I on was with this Docotr for 2 year not very helpful. She only send maybe a few minutes with you and very uick to give you a pill instead of helping you with the root of the problem.

Dec 23rd, 2011

very thoughtful and thorough and forthcoming with answers.

|  not good  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2011

this doctor was vary disrespectful an rude, had to walk out on apointment.

|  Patient  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

Dr Martin is one of the nastiest, meanest and uncaring doctors I have EVER treated with. She abuses her authority and power with patients who are at her mercy. She acts as though she is punishing all of her patients instead of helping them. I say patients in the plural sense because the other patients in the waiting room EACH AND EVERY time I have gone there all discuss how rotten and nasty she is and we all have been in agreement that she should not be doing what she does. Unfortunately, there are no other local programs of this sort so she has no competition and can get away with what she does. She gives doctors a bad name,....I can only hope she loses her license and someone else is assigned to take over in her place.

|  Dr. Martin  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

This Dr. Took me off my pain meds that have worked for 5 yrs. and put me on another new drug that made me dizzy and didnt do anything for the pain. then refused to put me back on my regular meds. They get kick backs from pharmaceutical companies for pushing there new drugs and thats all there interested in. They dont care about your pain or you for that matter.

|  Dr. Martin needs a someone to diagnose why she's so RUDE!  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

Its very easy to tell this doctor is in it for the money & not to help people. It was as though she didn't like me on some kind of personal level the second she entered the exam room. She was very rude,abrupt & unprofessional.I left there feeling very offended & unsatisfied. I felt as though I just paid someone to degrade me. Her behavior & the things she said to me without even knowing anything about me or my medical background, were quite disturbing.Is it professional for a D.O. to treat someone as a liar or drug seeker or just plain rude as though she don't like them for whatever reason she may have had? Assuming she treated me that way because of my choice to not give my medical history & not just because she was getting her period or she had any other reasons to be catty & downright rude towards me. So I guess I'm assuming because I didn't feel like having years of physical abuse from a relationship follow me around on my medical record anymore would have to be the reason for her to treat me inhumane. At first I thought she was another nurse that was sent in & I was waiting to ask the doctor why the nurse was so ridiculously mean. So the woman I thought was the nurse but was actually Dr. Martin gave me a whole 4 minutes of her time, basically calling me a liar & telling me I'm not in pain & not disabled & using some kind of self driven superiority complex she has to dismiss the credibility of many doctors & specialist who spent plenty of time examining me & diagnosing me. This was my first appointment & she hadn't even examined me yet before she just started making assumptions that were completely wrong. Unlike her, I am aware of my extensive medical history that caused several doctors & specialists throughout my life to diagnose me as a disabled person. So with that knowledge and just being a human being with feelings, I couldn't understand why this nurse was treating me this way & saying these things to me. After calling me a liar, and receiving an attitude right back from me, she then pretended to check the small bulge protruding from the back of my knee through my jeans while barely touching my pantleg & then wrote on a paper & left the room and then the first nurse came back in & that was the moment I finally realized she wasn't the nurse & I had just been seen by dr.know-it-all the most self absorbed unprofessional physician I have ever seen in my 39 years. So what does D.O. stand for Densely Opinionated? Maybe I should have given my medical history but that still leaves the question of what kind of doctor behaves that way? I bet my diagnoses of her being narcissistic & her grandiose behavior putting a damper on her life and her professional career is more accurate than any diagnoses she's ever made, but hey she's the one with the medical degree so maybe she should use it instead of her unprofessional opinion the next time a patient is sitting right there maybe she should examine them before she starts running her mouth.

Jul 20th, 2010

I felt very rushed during my appointment, she was eager to prescribe any medication to hurry up with the appointment, but I feel there wasn't much time for talking or finding out more about my problems.

|  Disappointing  |  show details
May 25th, 2009

Rather brusque in her manner, which may be partly due to the pressures originating with her medical group. Always in a hurry, often leaves the patient before ascertaining the patient has no further questions about treatment, procedures, etc. When contacted later by phone, relays information (sometimes incomplete) via her staff, not personally, which sometimes necessitates further follow-up calls by both the patient and staff. She may be a well-qualified physician; however, her behaviors and attitude do not foster a sense of trust and security in her patients.