Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  HPV treatment  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2010

This doctor made the initial diagnosis of HPV after receiving test results from PAP. I continued with treatment as she directed for HPV external lesions. After several months I had not achieved remission and she grew extremely frustrated with my heavy emotional response to having a sexually transmitted disease. Yes I cried often in the first months after diagnosis, to be in my 30s, divorced, with this terrible situation. Trips to her office for colposcopies were exquisitely painful and torturous. That was something I had not ever experienced in any previous GYN practice and I have a high pain tolerance. On one visit where I was extremely upset, she bluntly told me no more crying. I instead decided I would research alternative treatments for HPV and when I approached her with the idea of Interferon, she was reluctant to refer me and cited "there are risks." When I went to the appointment, the specialist completed a very thorough evaluation and informed me I was not receiving the appropriate care for the extent of this health problem through my primary GYN. I put my faith and trust into the specialist and after treatment was completed (and it was successful) I obtained followup GYN care with another gynecologist in a different practice.

|  Always Wonderful  |  show details
by Angela Boone on Sep 24th, 2009

She's delivered both of my babies (10 & 8 yrs old) and taken care of me after. She actually listens to you. She's also very easy to talk with about even embarassing or unusual questions - never judgemental or condescending. Love her - would reccommend her to anyone.

|  show details
Sep 19th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Wonderful person!: Rarely do you get an A+ top notch doctor who really cares about you, how you are really doing. Dr. McKain is an awesome doctor and person. If you need a new OB, do not hesitate. Call this number and make an appointment.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com