Dr. Laura Meritt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Laura Meritt?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 14th, 2012

Do you want to let your baby come when they are ready?

I would never recommend this doctor. I was seen all throughout my pregnancy and explained in all of those visits how much I wanted my baby to pick his birthday. At my 40 week Dr Meritt acted as if I had to go to the hospital immediately to have my baby. She said my blood pressure was elevated (as I found out later not high enough at all to cause for hospital) Then her colleague was checking me and asked if I wanted my water broken. I said no. She then (accidentally?) nicked it to break. I declined the potocin to which I received ugly stares and angry consults. Of course it was not my babies time he didn't decend after 16 hours. Then they put me under (we couldn't do an awake?) and took my baby out. She did not want to see me at my followup because she knows she did me and my baby an injustice. This was my first pregnancy and I have since had a 4 hour labor with my second because I waited for my babies time. Don't use this Doctor if you want to have your baby come on their own schedule or if you want to have a say so in the birth of your child!

August 25th, 2011

Fantastic OB

Dr. Meritt is ABSOLUTELY wonderful! She delivered my healthy baby girl 8 weeks ago and everything went better than expected. This was my first child and I was so happy that she was there to deliver my baby because she was my OB throughout my pregnancy. She was always supportive of my natural birth plan and was so encouraging during the delivery! I definitely recommend Dr. Meritt and I strongly recommend a natural child birth for all women...if I can do it anyone can and although it was the most challenging thing I have ever done, it was the most amazing, rewarding & empowering experience of my life!

November 3rd, 2010

Great bedside manner!

Cannot complain. I always feel like Dr. Meritt genuinely cares, and I never feel like things are being rushed during a visit. When I was on hospital bedrest during my pregnancy, she checked up on me regularly. I would highly recommend her.

May 30th, 2017