Dr. Laura Moore MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4
  • 39 reviews

March 2nd, 2016
I have been seeing Dr. Moore since she delivered my twins in 2008 and I would never go anywhere else. She is a straight talker, takes the times to answer my questions, and her medical knowledge and reputation is commendable. Dr Moore was actually recommended to me by the Institute of Reproductive Heath due to her medical expertise and I have never been disappointed.

December 20th, 2015
Terrible Bedside Manner
After trying to describe my experience with cancer and how I was concerned with some other issues, the reply was abrupt and rolled her eyes. I sat there in shock at her response to me. I know people can have a bad day, but after visiting her 3 times, the attitude hadn't changed.

October 19th, 2015
Not a good experience. Short and abrupt.

July 20th, 2015
Dr. Moore listens and takes her time discussing options

June 8th, 2015
Wait time was about 30 minutes. Then I was charged an extra office visit ($208)! Horrible. Dr put in notes that she spent extra time with me. Not true.

January 31st, 2015
A little extra wait time = a more caring, personalized, informative visit.
Very caring doctor. Listens well. Took the time to answer all my questions and makes sure I understand the answers. Sometimes the wait is a little long, but well worth the quality personal care I received.

December 14th, 2014
Distant
I've seen her twice before and though she wasn't would I would call overly friendly, she wasn't rude either. However, the last three times (for my second pregnancy) she was rude, rushed and even rolled her eyes when I asked her a question about a problem I was having. This woman needs to take a class in how to treat patients. In the middle of my pregnancy, I am switching doctors.

December 12th, 2014
Great visit!
After reading other reviews, I was nervous about seeing Dr. Moore. I am so glad I kept my appointment with her. She was great. She took the time and explained everything to me, even drawing a picture to help me understand. She asked me several times if I had any questions, and made sure my questions were answered completely. I thought she was very personable, with a great sense of humor and put me at ease immediately.

April 26th, 2014
A waste of time
I am one of the lucky few that had never had a bad experience with an OB-GYN until my regular OB-GYN relocated. I was then on the hunt for a new OB-GYN and found Dr. Laura Moore under my insurance. The appointment was easy to make, the wait time wasn't too bad but the visit was unpleasant. She isn't very friendly and she didn't ask me if I had any questions. I am not on the hunt again for another OB-GYN.

March 20th, 2014
Mrs
Dr. Moore was both friendly and professional. I had to wait less than 5 minutes to see her and she took the time to explain my options and answer any questions that I had. She was not at all rushed nor did she brush of questions or concerns. She has been my doctor for the past 5 years and I cannot say enough good things about her. Still not my favorite doctor to see (type of Dr) but puts you at ease by talking with you and providing all possible treatment options.

January 6th, 2014
Very disappointed
I'm glad that some people had a good experience with Dr. Moore, at least she wasn't completely horrid to everyone. I personally cannot stand her. Her bedside manner is completely lacking and she acts like she is bothered by any questions or concerns (especially with my pregnancy being #3) she acted like I should know all of this by now. I only saw her once during my prenatal appoints and I prayed that she wouldn't be the one to deliver. As it would happen, my water broke and I arrived at the hospital as Dr. Lea (whom I loved) was going off and Dr. Moore was coming on. I was heart broken but I had a birth plan and I was bound to stick to it. About 4 hours after being there, she came in (for the first time) and asked to check me, I consented and as she murmured something to the nurse and the next thing I know she was forcefully trying to put an internal monitor on me without my consent or even telling me that was what she was doing. I asked her to stop 4 times before I finally told the nurse to stop her NOW. She rudely said to me "When are you getting an epidural?" I told her that I didn't know if I was going to have one. "You are either getting it or not" she replied to me. "If I manage to do it without, I will" I told her. She looked at the nurse and said "Call me when she gets the epi, I'll put it in then." I told the nurse to note my chart that I wouldn't get the internal monitor..period. Then when it came time to deliver...Dr. Moore couldn't be found. Go figure, they had to pull a random Dr. from a break room and she came in as I was almost finished delivering BY MYSELF! Dr. Moore didn't come back until about 3 1/2 hours later and said "Did you get the epidural?" Didn't check me, said nothing else and I didn't see her again. However, that didn't stop her from trying to bill me for the delivery, which I fought. I have it noted in my chart that I WILL NOT see her/ talk to or hear from her again. I love the other Dr's in the practice but she is one of the worse Dr's I have ever encountered! * I would like to add that the review stars are all based of of her, during her appointments, hospital interaction etc. The rest of the Dr's are great and I would give 5 stars!

July 30th, 2013
I should have listened to the reviews.
I had not been to the ob in a long time and decided to get it taken care of. I looked for a local one and found her on my health insurance. The waiting time was no problem, but she was. She was rude and she cut me off before I could finish anything. I won't be going back. I saw these reviews after I made my appointment but ignored them because I thought maybe it was bogus. They aren't. Do not make go see this doctor. Steer clear.