Dr. Laura Nevel MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecology Cranston, RI

• Good
  • Bad

July 11th, 2017
I dont' look forward going to this office every year
I have been coming to this office since 2013 and it has always been the same. The staff is unhelpful, rude and inpatient. As for Dr. Nevel, she is always in a rush AND on 2 occasions she forgot to do my rectal testing. She spends 5 minutes with me with every visit and on many occasion she doesn't ask questions or suggest prevention. There is one thing that I don't like about Dr. Nevel , she asks questions and likes to talk while she is doing the pap-smear. That is that most uncomfortable moment to try to talk to a patient. I come here because the wait time for other OBGYN is long. I will be looking for another OBGY. They still use charts! What happened to EMR.( electronic medical records).

December 31st, 2016
Was very nervous about going to the gyno but she made it very comfortable

November 22nd, 2015
overall experience
Dr. Nevel herself was nice. Although she seemed rushed and barely wanted to talk to me. Her staff is among the worst group of people I've had to deal with. Her assistant Diane is terribly condescending and her Secretary needs an attitude adjustment. I felt like I was nothing but an inconvenience to them. Also, although Dr. Never is highly experienced and qualified, what she charged for a visit is off the wall. I just received a bill in the mail for $508 after my insurance already paid almost $400 and all she did was a pap smear, 2 std tests and a bacterial test. I just had a follow up colposcopy and now I'm dreading that bill. It looks like she even charged me $113 dollars just to tell me I had a bacterial infection. Needless to say although Dr. Bevel is great, her over pricing and unfriendly staff are the reasons why I am currently looking for a new doctor

November 18th, 2015
I wouldn't classify Dr. Nevel as particularly chatty. She gets to the point. Very thorough with examinations.

November 10th, 2015
Dr. Nevel is very kind and caring and I think that she is a fabulous Dr. The down side is her office staff who leave a lot to be desired. They are very rude and unprofessional

October 2nd, 2014
mean medical assistant
I've been seeing Dr. Neval for years! She is an amazing doctor and always makes my annual visit comfortable. She takes time to talk over any issues I have, but the negative part of the visit is dealing with the medical assistant Diane. She is extremely rude and makes you feel like your an inch big. Not only is she degrading but flat out mean. Any time you call with a problem she acts as though your an inconvenience. Last time I called and asked to speak to the doctor I wasn't able to I had to deal with Diane. By the end of the phone call I was in tears because she was yelling at me. I have an appointment coming up and the only reason I am attending is so I can speak to the doctor and tell her face to face why I am finding a new gynecologist.

August 7th, 2013
TERRIBLE STAFF

March 27th, 2013
good doc but rude staff
I have been seeing Dr. Nevel for about a year now and went for my annual today. I was shocked to hear the arguing that went on. The staff was yelling so loud that you could clearly hear it. It seemed to be in poor taste for the doctor to be doing that. Also one of the nurses there is extremely rude and acts as though anything you say is silly. Dr. Nevel herself is a great doctor and knows what she is doing. She seems as though she really cares about you, but when consulting with you she seems rushed all the time and won't spend adequate time with you.

June 29th, 2012
I could explain about my symptom only to her nurse (she was rude), the doctor seemed to be too busy to consult with me.

August 11th, 2011