Laura Regan MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Midlothian, VA

• Good
  • Bad

November 3rd, 2016
Now how to run a medical office
I went to this office as a new patient to see a "dermatologist" about skin issues. After dealing with office staff including an interview, a PA arrived, asked questions, and started an examination that ended with taking two skin fragments for biopsy. I was told someone would call me and could leave. Sometime later one of the office staff (not Dr. Regan) called to say I needed a surgery referral and follow up visit. I was advised that because I was not yet a patient of Dr. Regan, it would be some time before I could return for further treatment. Suffice it to say, I have seen and been treated by another "doctor".

April 5th, 2016
Doctor Regan does an excellent job keeping me and my skin healthy!

January 8th, 2016
-absolutely comfortable in an area that I am uncomfortable with -terrific results from diagnosis -bedside manner so caring and knowledgeable -would recommend highly

December 16th, 2015
I feel rushed when seeing Dr. Regen Bedside manner needs improvement.

November 6th, 2015
Disappointed Patient
Dr. Regan has tried four different treatment on my case of AK. None of them have worked. I have a new dermatologist now. I should have known something was up when my GP got me an appointment with Dr. Regan the next week.

October 31st, 2015
Have not had a follow up yet but sure it Will be a good visit

June 16th, 2015
After several visit with her, I have the utmost confidence in her as a dermatologist.

February 20th, 2015
Perplexed
My daughter's initial visit some years ago, when she was in 5th grade, she's now in 9th grade, was because she consistently broke out in hives little bumps and we had no real medical explanation as to why. We were referred to this office from her PCP. Our initial visit was good as we saw the Dr. , she was attentive, knowledgeable and we were given prescriptions for the breakouts. She was tentatively diagnosed with 'eczema'. Went home and after a couple of weeks some of the breakouts continued, we went back in to see the Dr. and we saw the PC because the Dr. couldn't see us. The PC took a skin draft of one of her bumps on her thigh to send it off for culture, not informing of the possibility it could lead to a raised lesion, which is what she currently has on her leg and she's so embarassed by it, it's an eye sore. We came back to the office for a followup visit and this time we saw the Dr. and explained to her what happened on our previous visit and she empathized with us and injected 2 to 3 cortiosteriod shots over the course of consecutive visits, however it helped slightly but the reminder of the 'wart looking' raised lesion is still on her leg..as I didn't make a big deal out of it. Hindsight, maybe I should have. Anyways, she was then seen for 'acne' and was prescribed her medications to apply on a daily basis and we were told to use the medications and if there were any issues, please come back, however if no issues arise, then just simply continue to use and contact us for refills as needed. Okay so I went to the pharmacy about a month ago to ask for a refill and was told "this patient is no longer under the care of this office"..what?! ...Very perplexed by all of this, I am, however a firm believer situations happen and they happen for a reason so I have an appointment for her with Dermatology Associates, albeit, we had to wait a month to get an appointment as a "new" patient while my daughter is freaking out over her face.....I'm happy to know we're moving on.

January 24th, 2014
Impersonal and shocking follow up care
Have you ever gotten a registered letter from a doctor saying not to come back? Well that is what I received in the mail yesterday. Yes, I was angry that they referred me twice to a plastic surgeon outside of my network.Yes I was angry that they were to call me with another plastic surgeon in my network but never did. Yes, I was irritated that you cannot talk to a person, you have to press 1 for this or 2 for that and that if you wait to talk to someone, the machine says leave a message. If you like impersonal care after a basal cell diagnosis then this is the place for you. Basal cell may be the least serious but I feel nothing but anger at the follow up from this office. Funny, how I call 3 other Dermatologists today and actually talked to a real person.

September 9th, 2013
"Exceeded my 10 minute time limit" so had to go back!
TOTALLY unprofessional. Was all chatty during my annual exam... Not to do with my skin but random thoughts like do breeds! Having been diagnosed with non melanoma squamous cell carcinoma twice, testing is a big deal to me. After a few minutes she had areas she wanted to test but need to leave the room to get the necessary supplies... "be right back to finish." after about 10 minutes... wrapped in paper sheet thing, I sheepishly peeked out the door and caught her nurse... "she can't come back now... you'll need to re-schedule... she has other patients now and you have exceeded your 10 minute appointment time."!!! I WAS/AM FURIOUS. The Office Mgr refunded 1/2 my $40 co-pay... BIG DEAL. I want back for the testing but never again. She must be getting desperate as she sent me a CERTIFIED letter... that I had to sign for... in front of a neighbor that was visiting! My bills/co-pays were ALWAYS paid at time of visit. It was a CERTIFIED Letter to tell me that I had a carcinoma history and need to come back to see her... AND by the way... our visits "have been increased to 15 minutes". I WILL NEVER GO BACK.

September 25th, 2012
lack of communication
this dr and her staff relied on the fine print of the intake package to communicate important information to me during my visit. i had a skin cancer scan done, and the dr spent less than 5 minutes looking at the entirety of my body, never once using a light or magnifier. one of the few skin tabs i was concerned with, the dr stated that she did not percieve a problem with and would be happy to cut it off. with out alerting me to the fact that this would incur an extra pathology charge($$$), she went ahead with the quick proceudure. had i known that these extra charges would be involved i would of left the skin tab in place. thoroughly disapointed with the dr, her staff and the whole experience. would not recommmend this place to anyone!

August 29th, 2012
POOR service
I cannot give the any stars. We never got to see the doctor!My 82 year old great aunt has sever lupus and arthritis. She had an appointment to be seen for a severe attack from the lupus. Her appointment was at 3:20pm. She was taken back to the room at 3:30pm. By 4:05 pm she STILL had not been seen, and was in a lot of pain and discomfort. I left the room to find out what was taking so long. I encountered two women an area off the side of the hallway and asked if they knew how long it was going to be, b/c I had an 82 yer old in pain who had been waiting for 40 minutes. I was told someone would be coming. A few moments later one of them, who turned out to be a PC, came in the room. I told her it was not good practice to leave someone of my aunts age and condition to be sitting for so long. Her reply was that it had only been THIRTY minutes to her...no apology. She then added that she had been studying the medical history, which no doubt, she needed to go over WITH my aunt as well. She left to get the office manager. The Office Manager came in and offered to reschedule my aunt with the MD, who was more qualified to deal with the lupus anyhow. We explained that Sally was in a lot of pain and could not wait. The Office Manager then FLOORED me by saying the PC REFUSED to come see my aunt because I was "irate". Now, I had chastised her for making my aunt wait, but I never raised my voice, threatened her, nor became abusive. Nor did they offer to see her if IU stepped out. I also had my 9 year old daughter with me. Upon hearing this claim I DID become upset and angry. They were refusing to treat a sick patient, that they had already made WAIT, because of me??? Honestly? At that point I DID get angry and asked for medical license numbers and phone numbers so I could file a complaint. At that point I was INDEED irate. She even threw it in my aunts face that it would take her three months to get in with another dermatologist, but agreed that my aunt could come back and see the doctor Tuesday....well, we KNOW she should have been scheduled with the MD, not the PC, due to her condition to begin with, and for them to neglect her then make excuses is abhorrent. The office manager had NO people skills, and the PC that refused to treat my aunt should lose her ability to practice.