Dr. Laura Ryan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

August 31st, 2016
She is very professional, attentive and caring. I look forward to my appointments with her & know she is open to making an action plan. I love the staff and the new office in upper Arlington.

January 27th, 2016
Do not recommend
Find another doctor

March 18th, 2014
satisfied patient
i had an episode called thyroid storm which is 98% fatal, after my hospital discharge i was referred to dr.ryan, she has been awesome, she has done some treatment on my thyroid and always emails me right away after test results,,,dr, ryan is a great doc!!!!

February 13th, 2013
I have been battling thyroid disease for over 10 years and is just realizing the affects that it has on my body, not because she sat me down and explained the different things that come along with it. its because i had to research this on my own, yes the diagnosis was right, but what about what happens from here? I just think that every patient deserves to be trained in something that can affect there future and also knowing the what ifs right up front. it should never come to a point of me just thinking oh., this thing isnt working but as long as i take these meds im good,.Its not enough time spent in follow ups or knowledge unless you force it. Im just now learning how to read my own blood results which to me should have been taught and explained what they mean.

October 1st, 2012
Super!
I was a bit concerned about going to this doctor because of two of the ratings that are posted here. Maybe this doctor had a bad day when she saw these particular patients-- I suppose that this occasionally happens. However, my experience was the opposite. She explained my condition clearly and was kind and considerate in dealing with me as a patient. She listened to my concerns and responded appropriately. I highly recommend her.

October 17th, 2011
So far, Dr. Ryan has been wrong at every step of the way with me dealing with thyroid issues/cancer. I feel like I was not listened to, that anything I said was shot down and while she is polite and seems caring, really doesn't "listen" to the patient. Maybe her speciality lies with diabetes, because so far, her batting average with my thyroid issues has been very poor.

June 15th, 2010
Great listener.

December 11th, 2009
terrible office visit
Just wanted to let you know how very disappointed I was with my visit, not only did I have to wait for nearly an hour and half but the tone the appointment started with upon you entering the room told me what to expect. The fact when I tried to speak, I was shut down and talked over was indicated this was not going to go well, perhaps before making an opinion on a patient you should listen to what the patient says.

April 28th, 2008
I recommend Dr Ryan to anyone who has diabetes. She is a complete specialist with great attention to all aspects of treatment. She follows up on glucose monitoring with a personal phone call in most instances or other times with a letter. I highly recommend this doctor, although it may take awhile to get an appointment.