Dr. Laura Schaben MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

September 12th, 2016
In the beginning her care felt like she cared. Over 2 years later, our last appoint ment she literally walked out when I was mid question. In the beginning I felt like I was important and heard. But, now, since her assistant "Lynn" is no longer there, new assistant who happens to be office manager, is awful. She doesn't note when I've had blood work done and then tells me I need blood work drawn and I have to TELL HER that I JUST had it done. She forgets. She forgets to give messages, refill meds, follow thru on paper work for my current court case for disability. She doesn't answer my questions; beats around the Bush. Doesn't completely address any questions or concerns. Doesn't ask about my Scheduling when they make appointment for me.....more than several months out. Used to be like every other month, and now she's too busy to see me more than every 4+months. THEN sends me a letter saying she will no longer see me or be my Dr, unless Emergency but only for less than 30 days. I live in a very rural area;Not many neurologist, as it was I had to drive an hour or more. Now, I've got to find another who has the time to add me as a patient. And, we'll have to start all over with new Neuro to be on same page as pcp, and to get all info to my disability attorneys before my hearing. I'm quite disgusted

April 22nd, 2016
i would not refer my dog to this doctor. my husband had a stroke she saw him for 10 miniutes refused to finish the cardiac work up another doctor ordered and then refused to see him for discharge. saw him 10 minutes in 3 days. not a doctor that cares

February 29th, 2016
Great Doctor!!!!

April 30th, 2015
Dr. Schaben does not care about her patients only her own self serving interests. Do not go to her, there is a reason she is the only neurologist in town accepting new patients and she thinks this gives her the right to pick and chose who she treats. If she feels you are not worthy of her "wonderful" services she will not hesitate to send you away leaving you to deal with a 6 month wait list at OHSU.

February 10th, 2015
I was referred to Dr. Schaben by my primary care nurse practitioner for symptoms that are very similar to MS. When I called to make the appointment the receptionist rudely explained that they would call then they received and wouldn't even check for it. Called a week later found out they had received nothing, had things sent over and was told they would call for an appointment after the Dr. Schaben reviewed the file. Did not hear back called over a week later and found out that she had decided to deny my referral. ??????? I had never had this happen before apparently she just decided I was not a worthy enough patients or didn't have good enough insurance to waste her time on. The staff was rude every time I talked to them and no one bothered to call and tell me I would need to go elsewhere. Wasted three week trying to get an appointment.

July 5th, 2011
Dizziness maybe painless migraine
Referred to neurology clinic for dizziness. Did every test in the book at high cost. After 2 months no results. Very poor on call back or explanation after tests. Message service when calling is poor. I called every day for 4 days to get results from an EEG done a week prior and was finally read information, which turned out to be the incorrect info.Dont know if all Neurologists push so many meds but this one does. Try this, nope, try this, nope, frustrating and waste of money on medication that goes in the garbage after a couple of weeks.