Dr. Laura Schiller Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Laura Schiller?

Dr. Schiller saved my life

Posted on January 30th, 2015

Dr. Schiller is the gyn that everyone hears about on Oprah or Dr. Oz ... The one that calls you, personally, to explain things ... The doctor (and staff) that follow up and know you by first name ... The doctor that sits you down and takes a FULL history (self and family) and THEN examines you ... after having an awful experience with another doctor who blew off some shady test results, two friends highly recommended Dr. Schiller ... She called me personally before my visit to explain what I should do ... The urgency in which to do it ... And that she would do it all for me out of hospital and in office as I wasn't insured. With her caution and knowledge, she found cancer that would have otherwise kept growing. I owe her my life and am very greatful to have found her!

No bed side manner and awful advice and I was in labor!

Posted on November 22nd, 2013

I saw dr Schiller when dr fiss wasn't available. First dr Schiller told me in a clinical manner that I would miscarry over the weekend and if I hadn't call Monday and they could talk about brining it on as the hcg levels were so low it wouldn't be a healthy pregnancy. I carried to 35 weeks. At 16 Wks when I had severe morning sickness and couldn't see dr fiss I saw dr Schiller- she asked me about an amino and how I would be 35 and should have one. I told her no and even if results were terrible I would never terminate. She proceeded to tell me all the other dangers and issues and stats of having a baby with issues after 35. I told her I would be 35 and 5 days old if I went full term. Her reply "you would still be 35" At 34.5 Wks she happened to be on call when I had issues. I told her about the discharge and the brown leakage I was having. She made me feel like an idiot calling saying "your cervix is changing, Braxton hicks etc etc go have a glass of wine and some lunch and you will feel better" I told her I was having pains and she told me "if you were in labor you would know" I was in the hamptons on my own, my husband in CT about to leave for a work trip. I felt uncomfortable as the pains were often. I drove myself home to CT. When I got home I was in a lot of pain, now had bleeding. I called again. Dr Schiller told me to go to Greenwich hospital if I wanted to be checked out. By now my husband said no, we are driving to Sinai just incase. Saw nurse at Sinai- I was 4 cm dialated and having 2-3 min contractions. They told me I would be having the baby in a few hours. Dr Schiller walked in and I wanted to kick her in the face. The detest I felt given I would have been in the hamptons on my own with my husband on a plane to Ohio. And all she told me was "have a glass of wine " We progressed through labor and everytime I saw her I felt absolute disgust when I saw her. I have been in labor all day and now pushing towards midnight and in a lot of pain. I kept asking how much longer, how dialated am I etc I got to 8 or 9 and I wanted to start pushing. Dr Schiller said I had at least 3-4 more hours to go. I then agreed to an epidural- despite me being terrified of needles and never wanted this outcome. The epidural went in and then dr fiss showed up and said you can start pushing- this was less than 20 miNs later. Now I have had a 2nd baby, I realise what bad energy dr Schiller brought to my first birth. I kept thinking that I would have been at Southampton hospital on my own having a baby with my husband away as no one seemed to believe I was in labor. When I was ready for pushing with my 2nd baby is when dr Schiller told me I had hrs to go and take the epidural- I now realise no I didn't and had she been a decent doctor would have known I was fully dialated and ready to push. I left the practice as I never wanted to be stuck with dr Schiller again.

Posted on October 25th, 2011

She never followed up with me after tests I took.

Posted on February 25th, 2011

I would travel overseas to see Dr. Schiller.

I love Dr. Schiller!

Posted on October 6th, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Schiller for over 15 years, and her practice for over 25 years. I had two babies while in their care, and Dr. Schiller has consistently been warm and caring, in addition to delivering top-notch medical advice and services. She has the best bedside manners of any doctor I have ever seen!

Posted on February 5th, 2016