Surgical Specialist
11524 W 183rd St
Ste 100
Orland Park, IL 60467
630-527-7230
Locations and availability (7)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Cold and unprofessional.  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2013

She didn't try to understand my needs. She was really cold and rude.

|  Dr. Semba changed my life!  |  show details
by Andrea Haralampopoulos on Jun 2nd, 2013

From the moment I arrived for a consultation, I was pleasantly surprised with Dr. Semba's staff. Jill and Mary Elizabeth were a pleasure to work with on the phone and in person. My experience with Dr. Semba was nothing less than superior. She made me feel very comfortable regarding my procedure and assured me that everything would work out well. The day of my surgery I felt very calm placing her life in my hands. The evening following the surgery she called to see how I was doing which meant a lot to my husband and I. I felt incredibly energetic post surgery and the days to follow. I mentioned to her she had changed my life for the better. I look and feel so much more confidant and I owe it all to her. Thank you Dr. Semba!!!! I would highly recommend her!!

Mar 4th, 2013

Dr.Semba and her staff are friendly and caring. All needs and concerns are addressed immediately. Dr.Semba called me the night of the surgery to check and see how I was feeling. Staff always makes you feel welcomed.

|  Dr Semba--our hero!  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

My son, who is now 12, was born with a Nevus that covered his entire right cheek. He required numerous surgeries, starting at just 1 year old, all performed by Dr. Semba. My son still remembers how kind she was, and many years later when we came back to visit she not only remembered my son, but also the name of his favorite stuffed animal! Today, almost no one even notices my son's scar. She saved him--emotionally and physically. She is our hero.

|  Very professional.  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

Dr. Semba did breast reconstruction on me. During the initial consultation we went over all options. I had a TRAM flap. Dr. Semba made sure I understood everything about the procedure.I found Dr. Semba and her staff to be extremely professional, kind and caring. I would recommend her to anyone.

|  This doctor is 1 of a kind  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2012

My experience was great she made me and my husband just fall in love with her, she makes you feel like family. She is very knowledgable about everything that she does and explains everything in terms so that the patient understands and she LISTENS, I love her laid back attitude it makes you feel very comfortable. She is simply amazing I am blessed God led me to doctor Semba, I went in to consult with her about a breast reduction and I will say the be consultation EVER.....I must end this review now because I can rave on this doctor all day.

by j. Egan on Jun 17th, 2011

Dr. Laura Semba is a caring doctor and took such good care of my son during his life changing surgery. Her skills are incredible! I think of her every year on the anniversary of his surgery! Thank you Dr. Semba

Dec 17th, 2010

Dr. Semba came highly recommended by all of my friends and a lot of doctors. She was very warm and professional. Her office staff was very friendly and helpful. I am grateful for Dr. Semba's talent and her staff.

Jun 23rd, 2010

I don't feel like she cares about the people, just the money!!!

|  This Doctor refused to help my 9 years old daughter that was bittne by a god on her cheek!  |  show details
by Aneta on Mar 16th, 2009

On March 9th, my 9 years old daughter was bitten a dog on her right cheek. I took her to the Central DuPage Convenient care on Raymond Dr in Naperville. We waited for 1.5h to be seen by a doctor. Finally, after this entire wait, the doctor told us to go to the ER and be seen by a Plastic Surgeon at Edward Hospital in Naperville because she did not feel comfortable with treating the dog bites on my daughter right cheek. As soon as we came, we were admitted to the ER and the ER doctor examined my injured child. At that time I told him that a Central DuPage doctor advised me that my daughter should be seen by a Plastic Surgeon. He made a phone call to Pediatric Plastic Surgeon Laura L. Semba , MD who was on call that night. After 1.5 hour, ER doctor came to the room and announced that Dr. Semba had just returned the call and she said that she believes that this is not an emergency and therefore she refuses to come and treat my daughter. Furthermore, she told ER doctor to put an antibiotic ointment on the wounds and advised me to bring my daughter to her office in the morning. At that time, she will help my kid!I could not believe what I was hearing! How can a doctor that was on-call refuse to come and help 9 year old girl who was bitten by a dog on her face! I asked the ER doctor how is that possible and he said that unfortunately this is not the first time that Dr. Semba while on call refused to came and treat the patient even though she was on call. The ER doctor told me that the longer we wait the greater the chance for my daughter to end up with an infection; therefore, I decided to allow him to put the stitches on my daughter face. She ended up with 20 stitches on her face! If this was not an emergency for Dr. Semba than I dont know what is! How can Laura L. Semba call herself a DOCTOR and be allowed to practice medicine? It seems to me that she only wants to be a doctor when convenient for her, or when she can charge ungodly amounts of money for helping someone. Even the ER doctor told me that she only is getting paid what he is getting paid when she comes for emergencies like that and that is not the same amount of money as she would probably charge in her own office!How can she call herself a human? How can a hospital allow an on-call doctor to refuse to come and help when need to be? Especially when she refused to come and treat patients in the past! I guess the Hippocratic Oath means absolutely nothing to Dr. Laura L. Semba.

Jul 28th, 2008

Dr. Semba was always kind, respectful and knowledgeable. She did not offer as much information as I would like, but she did answer all of my questions when I took the initiative to ask.