Dr. Laura Shea MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

February 27th, 2012
Horrible
Has cancelled/re-scheduled multiple appointments and, based on a second and third opinion, mis-diagnosed me completely. She makes decisions based on selfish convenience instead of what is best for the patient.

December 29th, 2010
Excellent care
While being treated by a family practice physician my wife got very ill due to misdiagnosis and was admitted with a very severe breakdown. Dr Shea finally (after years of misdiagnosis) correctly diagnosed and treated my wife and today she is healthy and happy thanks to her. As sick as she was I believe she may have been institutionalized if not for dr shea's treatment.

November 11th, 2010
Unbelievable!
Your recent diagnosis of my 86 year old mother was extremely irresponsible and verging on malpractice. You were told to evaluate my mother not decide who would be our family POA. I understand you were very influenced and swayed by another physician and not told the entire truth. You should have done some research. The physician you held in such high regard hasn't practiced medicine in ten years,is a substance abuser and happens to be under the care of a Psychiatrist. Under the circumstances that you have created, I hope and pray that both of my parents make the right decision in a life threatening situation.I wonder if it's legal to declare competency when the patient was on a anti-psycho drug?

March 22nd, 2010
Thankful for this doctor
Dr. Shea was my first psychiatrist and truly saved my life. She is caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, and a perfect match for me. I saw Dr Shea until she moved out of the area, and then I saw another Psychiatrist. He was great, but his family life changed and he went into a different type of psychiatry. Fortunately, Dr. Shea had moved back into the area and I was able to get in to see her again. I've been seeing her again for close to two years and am so very happy to have been able to have her as my doctor again. I couldn't recommend her any better, she is one of the best.

October 4th, 2009
Run
I was misdiagnosed, became very sick as a result.If one medicine did not work (i.e. bad side effect) She would make me wait 6 weeks until next apt, before she would suggest another drug. All the while, being aware how sick I was and needed relief. And don't even think about asking any questions concerning drugs she wants to give you. She will call it argumentative. My experience was a nightmare. A freedom and relief to find another MD