Dr. Laura Tanner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 31st, 2016
Dr. Tanner is friendly, and very competent.

April 17th, 2015
Avoid
I saw Dr. Tanner for an annual skin check as well as to have her check out some spots that clearly looked like melanoma and the less serious skin cancers. She cut out my melanoma, but left some obvious borders remaining. She also failed to check my scalp or lower body. Do not recommend for a complete or accurate exam.

June 25th, 2013
Don't use her PA.
Dr. Tanner was on vacation so I saw her PA for a skin cancer screening (was concerned about a spot and I have a history of melanoma). I waited 1 hr to see the PA (please….. she is not an MD). Then she did a very quick scan while I stood. I have NEVER had a skin cancer screening while standing. What's that all about. She did not us a light or magnifying glass. I will not be going back.

May 13th, 2013
Really lousy customer service
Called and stated I would be a new patient, what's the earliest appointment available? No response other than a very blunt "I'm putting you on hold." Long wait with lots of recorded announcements about how great they are and all they offer. Finally another person picked up the phone and asked what I wanted and again immediately and again bluntly, arrogantly informed me she was putting me on hold. More recorded messages. Then the third person asked in a very snippy, incredibly arrogant tone, "How can we help you today?" Absolutely unreal - never before experienced anything like this with any medical office, anywhere. Don't call Wilmington Health for anything - ANY other provicer would have to be better.

April 3rd, 2013
First visit
This doctor made me feel very at ease. Spent time asking questions to get a sense of who I am. Brought up topic that I was worried about And I had almost forgotten to mention it. Suggested an alternative treatment which I would not have known about. I will see this doctor again.