Dr. Laura Tsakiris Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Laura Tsakiris?

October 5th, 2015

Do not see her!

Please do not go to this doctor! I wish I had found this site before I made the dumb decision of walking into her office. Hopefully I can save a few people who do more research than I did. I moved so I had to find a new doctor. She ran non-routine testing without my consent and I received a bill for a thousand dollars. I have called my insurance and her office manager, who confirmed the tests were non-routine. I told her I made a complaint with the medical board and am looking into small claims court. She called me back in response to this. She had zero compassion and was truly unkind. I asked her why she would not tell me she was doing non-routine testing. I cannot afford this bill. She said that since I said my husband and I may look into having children (not an option now), she did the "recommended" testing. I asked her why she wouldn't tell me this because I had a right to decline. I told her if she had explained that she was testing me for Varicella (to see if I was immune to chicken pox, I later found out), I could have told her I'd had it and I didn't want this ridiculous unnecessary expensive test. She also tested me for Cystic Fibrosis, which is diagnosed in children and babies, not in healthy thirty year old women. She said that she is under no obligation to tell me about or describe the testing. She said I consented to whatever she felt was necessary when I allowed them to take my blood. No doctor has ever done this! I didn't know she intended to rob me for a grand when I walked in. She says she doesn't get paid for testing, but she lied to me on the phone today so I give no credence to that claim. She stated that my insurance plan clearly has a high deductible (the only one offered by my employer). She said that she has never had this problem with any other patients. Please see the review below on 11/12/13 which tells my exact story, which contradicts what she told me today. I told her I wanted to warn other patients and she told me that I better be careful in a threatening tone. Please, please, please do not go to her.

December 20th, 2014

Terrible, uncompassionate, unprofessional. Injured, lacerated me internally during exam. VERY BAD PHYSICIAN

May 27th, 2014

I wanted someone closer to me so I chose her. WRONG DECISION!! I sat in her office close to sobbing and she didn't even offer me a tissue. How heartless? She-Dr. Tsakiris- made rude remarks about me being 'elderly' or 'too old'. I'm in my forties!! She then proceeded to tell me I only had one option for treatment and she was clearly vexed when I asked her questions. She didn't ASK me anything but ORDERED my treatment. I was vulnerable and distraught after my diagnosis and she was not sensitive or professional. I was at my worst, emotionally, and she was the bully I couldn't find the strength to verbally fight. HER TONE AND ATTITUDE IS HARSH, UNFRIENDLY AND ROBOTIC. I would not recommend or return. I wish I could give a rating of half star or no star. One star is much too high for her.

February 19th, 2014

Don't go to this doctor! EVER.

Worst experience ever!!! Let's start off with the rude clerk....then move on to the PAINFUL EXAM. To top it off Dr. Tsakiris appeared uncaring and has horrible bedside manner. She didn't ask me any pertinent questions and seemed to just be going through the motions to get me out the door. She refused to talk to me later when I called and had questions. Choose a more competent and caring doctor!!

December 30th, 2013

Do not use Dr. Tsakiris!!

Exam was painful, uncaring doctor and staff, receptionist rude, was billed for procedure and tests I did not agree to, doctor refused to speak to me after I called multiple times to discuss this issue with her. I will not go here again and would never recommend to my friends or family or ANYONE for that matter!

December 23rd, 2013

A VERY NASTY DOCTOR!

This doctor has the nastiest attitude I have ever experienced with a doctor. She's extremely moody and will say things about your body that will make you feel insecure. I usually have very good rapport with my doctors. She is by far the only one I have an extreme distaste for. I would never recommend her to anyone . She snaps at people and is very mean. I do thank het. Because if it wasn't for her, I never would have found the OB -Gyn I have now. Appointments are easy to get because many don't come back.

October 17th, 2013

Doesn't listen

My baby almost died under her care years ago. Cord wrapped around his neck 3 times... that's why he didn't move the last 2-3 weeks before due date. She finally agreed to send me to the hospital. But let me stay in labor for 12hrs... (insurance reasons as i recall.) She was very aggrogant. With my second child, luckily she was on vacation.. another dr delivered & i learned that she messed up the stitching from the first delivery... Talked to another friend who had this dr delivered her children too. Had the same complications & she didn't listen. STay away.

June 4th, 2012

Very Happy with Dr Tsakiris and staff

I have read several reviews here about the office staff. My impression is completely different. I have been a patient of Dr. Tsakiris for many years. Her staff have gone above and beyond the call of duty several times to help me with my insurance company. Everyone there has always been so friendly and helpful. I can't think of a single time where I walked away with a negative impression. Dr Tsakiris is always very patient and answers all of my questions. She is thorough and very professional.

April 27th, 2017