Dr. Laura Viero-Dothage MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 18th, 2015
Sunny on the Outside, Darkness Within
I've had the misfortune of being this practioner's patient twice in the last five years. No matter how much pain you are in, if there is the slightest blemish on your record, or doubt in her mind re: your need for narcotics, she will not give you ANYTHING effective for pain-- even for an acute problem. She cut a chunk out of my arm because of an abscess, & then took SCISSORS and cut into my poor arm some more, and she STILL refused to give me adequate pain relief, even though I personally begged her for just one pain shot to get me through the night. She didn't even give me the courtesy of saying "No, I'm not going to give you anything. Suffer." She merely ignored me, and my tears, and raced out of the exam room. That's another thing, incidentally: she's one of those M.D.s who breeze in and out in three minutes- - unless you're dying or have an open fracture that's dangling in the wind. I am extremely angry at this physician, but I waited couple of days to rate her, as I didn't want to lower myself to the level of name calling, or exxageration, you see. However, I do think that she ought to be ashamed of herself for being so openly judgmental of people who come to the ER for help, & have no choice but to take the doctor they're dealt . It was an unlucky night for me when I got her. Twice. I can think of three doctors there who would have rather felt the pain themselves, than send a fellow human being home like that. Continuing in that vein: M.D.s need to be cognizant of the fact that they, too, are mere mortals. Their bodies are going to fail them one day. When that day comes, they will be on the other side of that bed; & just because they're doctors themselves does NOT guarantee compassionate treatment. I know....Having worked in the medical field myself, I've seen a few docs get their comeuppance from former colleagues who can now put "treat the way you've been treated " into practice -- to the point that I had to step in & say something- - & it was NOT pretty. Anyway- - Shame on you, Dr. V.

September 18th, 2014