Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

2.5

WORST OFFICE STAFF I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH show details WORST OFFICE STAFF I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH
by BLAIR H on Jul 18th, 2016

To say that is office is unprofessional is an understatement. Over the last 3 weeks since I was assigned to them, 2 agents from my insurance have called while I was on hold, verifying if they accept patients and to set up an appointment, Thye said they do indeed accept new patients, but that they would call me to set it up. So after both insurance operators were unsuccessful in setting up an appointment with Dr williams's office, I started calling them myself. To date, I have called around 25 times, and left many, many, many messages, because when you call them nobody ever answers the phone., Not under operator extension or anything, So finally today my patience ran out. I called my insurance immediately after the 25th phone call to see if they could set it up. The insurance agent got placed on hold, and then the office director or smth, a man that answered in Dr william;s office answered her in avery very rude manner, so the insurance lady came back online and told me. She said she has never ever dealt with such a person to answer in such an unprofessional way, who was;t willing to help or listen. So she is helping me find a new doctor because obviously Dr williams has more patients that she needs or can handle. Hopefully most of them will realize what a rude and unhelpful environment that office is and then it will be them begging to get patients. I hope people can find better doctor service that this useless office provides. I will make it a point to spread the word about my horrible experience everywhere in social media and my circle of friends and family

May 19th, 2016

I'm still waiting on my Pap results from last year.. mammogram and X-ray she never got back to me. She is horrible when it comes to follow ups. I guess now news is good news. .Don't try making an appointment over the phone like 15min before lunch because you will get the machine till they and close for lunch and if it's an emergency call 911. I will give Dr. Laura Williams credit for the time she spent with me in the her office answering my question. The service is poor and I wont recommend my worst enemy to go there.

Truley a nightmare show details Truley a nightmare
by Tina on May 12th, 2016

Never,Never,Never will I Ever,Ever,Ever go back to this so called Dr.Williams if she was the last one on the universe... I chose her because I thought I would feel more comfortable with a female Dr.boy was I 100% wrong..I was treated by all the staff like I was a nobody, and gave me more stress and anxiety then I could handle..Every time I called they would not answer the phone and the one time they answered they put me on hold and never picked up,, Never returned calls. I complained to my Insurance company and they tried to contact the Dr. for me and they were treated the same way they did me ..Williams and her rude and disrespectful staff should be investigated for there unprofessional behavior in that Office..They do not care about anyone that walks in there door to get medical care...I just hope no one else goes through what I experienced in Williams office...In order to submit my review I was required to rate with a star...believe me they didn't deserve a single star here

Jan 10th, 2016

Dr. Williams is a fine person and an effective doctor. I feel that the weakness in her business and treating patients is her staff. There is no reason I should not be able to communicate with someone person to person. The staff never and I mean never returns calls. If you ask for something, they act like you are putting them out. It would be wise to send her staff to a course on how to treat customers. Any time I need something, I have to physically go to the office.

Smith show details Smith
by Lidia on Dec 1st, 2015

This Dr is the WORST DR in the whole universe, very bad experience with her and her office staff. Never answer the phone calls I went to the office to schedule an appointment. I went to my appointment and get surprised by the receptionist telling me that my appointment was cancelled I told her why u didn't called me. she said I forgot. she scheduled a new appointment a month later, I went and waited for hours to see the dr. when she showed up she was very rude and disrespectful she told me u have Molina Insurance u are welcome to go and see another dr. or go to county hospital, I was shocked because I am very respectful and polite person and I didn't do anything to deserve this very bad treatment. I had severe pain in my chest and she didn't even care. I really don't advice anybody to go and see her.

Yikes! show details Yikes!
by RJB on Nov 21st, 2015

My wife and I were assigned to Dr. Williams by our insurance plan when we moved here from Canada. We phoned her office numerous times over several months, but nobody ever answered and we never got a returned call. And, each time we called, we got a very lengthy phone message with possible ways to make contact, but never were able to schedule an appointment with her. So, we made a complaint to our insurance office and are now with someone who is reliable, friendly and helpful. Dr. Williams collected insurance benefits from our plan for almost a year, but we never met her or even communicated with her or her staff. Outrageous. No wonder Americans hate the health industry here. She makes doctors look bad. Perhaps she chose the wrong profession?

by Clauretta Rushing on Sep 18th, 2015

The doctors seem didn't know what the front office clerks been up to bec they keep messing up with appointments and referrals.

Patient beware. show details Patient beware.
Jul 13th, 2015

If I could give this office no stars, I would. I recently moved here from North Carolina and my insurance set me up with this office. My original appointment was the first of the month. I showed up, they cancelled and didn't tell me. They said the doctor he an "emergency" and wasn't there. When asked why i hadn't been contacted, the receptionist informed me she "forgot". By then I was almost 3 weeks out of meds for anxiety and sleep disorders. They couldn't schedule again until the 13th at 11. They called at 1045 and told me they needed to reschedule at 2. I showed up at 145. It took well over an hour to even get my insurance card back and at that I had to go ask for it. The TV in the office was playing "healthy" recipe ideas including mayonnaise, catchup and breadcrumbs to salmon as well as information on how breastfed babies are superior intellectually than non. After waiting until 330, I was pulled into a room by a woman who didn't introduce herself, spoke very limited English, and asked me the questions that were on the form in front of her. She acted as though it was a real inconvenience for me to be there. It is now 350, 4 hours and 50 minutes past my original appointment time and I have yet to meet the doctor, have someone give me an update on why's taken so long, or apologize about my wait. Best believe though I'd be charged the $130 no show fee if I was more than 15 min late. If I wasn't over a month without my medication I would have left an hour ago. I will be calling my insurance and NOT returning to this office ever again.

no no no show details no no no
Jul 2nd, 2015

I was surprised how irritable and uninterested she was in me, her patient. Maybe she picked the wrong profession to be in. Also, her staff was worse than she was. Worst doctor ever!!!!

She Sucks show details She Sucks
May 16th, 2015

Dr. Williams should just be called Williams. The Dr. part is just a piece a paper that anyone can get if they can memorize a book. She's a mess, better off going to a county free clinic than to her office.

by Trace couch on Apr 8th, 2014

This doctor is THE WORST I called to get a refill and for a god awful reason she answered the phone, she began to tell me I was taking my meds wrong at witch point I told her to check my chart because the things she was referring to was not about me. She went on to tell me she didn't have time to check my chart. She sounded like she was gritting her teeth as she spoke to me, if I would of been in front of her I feel she would of assaulted me. I will never see this person again, no one will an MD behind their name should ever speak to their patient that way. BAD DOCTOR

Terrible Staff with non existent Dr Laura show details Terrible Staff with non existent Dr Laura
by John Doe on Jan 17th, 2014

I would not recommend going to this clinic. Their system is messed up and the staff are careless!! By their simple mistake of entering the wrong address will mess things up between you and your insurance and you will end up paying the bill yourself!!! They wouldn't bother to help you fix their mess!!!

by Donna on Oct 23rd, 2013

I have been going to Dr.Laura Williams for several years now. I love her, she has always taken very good care of me. Her staff is wonderful, professional, and goes above and beyond for me. Yes, every once in a while the wait has exceeded what I would like it to, but that happens with just about any Dr.....I will follow them where ever they go.

Unprofessional, to say the least show details Unprofessional, to say the least
Jul 8th, 2013

I only left 1 star on each category as it does not allow me to leave less. To be honest, ALPINE is a ZERO star office! Leave a message on the answering machine after listing to an unbelievably looooooooong recording in English, and then repeated in Spanish! Wait for a return phone call. It may be the office "manager" calling you from her car on her way out of town, as the calls are forwarded to her personal number! She will make empty promises, put you off, and never get back to you! My son almost didn't get into Nursing School because they ignored the deadline for his test results, and then pretended not to be in the office when he went in person to pick them up. I, personally have waited and hour and 40 minutes to be seen by a PA!!! This is the most inefficient office I have ever seen!

Mar 24th, 2013

NEVER get to see the doctor only PA. Last time I was in I was told that my ailment was due to getting older. I was told that I was dizzy because I was getting up to quick. But I told her I was dizzy when laying down. I was once again told it was due to getting up too quick. Go figure. I am going to switch doctors as quick as I can. They don't return phone calls and it is hard to get a refill on my meds. Never see the same PA twice.

Feb 5th, 2012

You probably would be well served if you needs do not exceed the common cold. My first impression was more of a human assembly line concentrating more on the numbers rather than the quality of care. Although I specifically asked to see the dr. I have only seen PA's, and have since changed physicians.

STAY AWAY FRON HER show details STAY AWAY FRON HER
Aug 31st, 2011

The worst Doctor,if you can call her that, that our family has ever seen!!! She is so rude, and talks poorly of the people of the communities she works in. KEEP CLEAR OF HER!!!

Unbelievable show details Unbelievable
Aug 9th, 2011

I read all the terrible reviews for this Dr. & for some reason disregarded them. Unfortunately, that was a HUGE mistake. I have had a chronic cough & fatigue for the last 3 1/2 weeks...& have been waiting for them to give me my x-ray results for a week and a 1/2 now. Every time I call I get the run around that the Dr. isn't there, or that someone will call me later in the day. I can't believe this place is actually allowed to practice medicine. When I called the last time I was laughed at & hung up on when I explained that no one had called me back. They should be ashamed of themselves.

May 24th, 2011

This doctor is unethical and unprofessional on many levels. PLEASE tell everyone you know to avoid her like the plague. Horrible doctor and should have her license revoked.

WOW show details WOW
May 16th, 2011

I have been to this office a couple of times since I live in Alpine and she is pretty much the only MD who is in my PPO in the area. Ever time I go I tell myself never again but this last time I mean it. I will drive to North County to find a decent MD next time. The office staff have to be the worst I have ever come across and I'm from NYC so I've got some experience with gruff people. But these people take the cake. They nickle and dime you for everything and the doctor or PA or whoever is there that day is always late. This place is an example of how a practice should not be run. Words cannot describe how screwed up this place is. If you have to drive to LA to find a good doctor, do it.

Awful experiences show details Awful experiences
May 3rd, 2011

I have finally reached my threshold and have changed physicians. I have tried a number of times over the past few years to make this work because it is convenient (at least in concept- geographically) but have had enough of lost lab tests, lab results that they never followed up on that were outside normal ranges and affected my health for months before they finally called me back, incorrect prescriptions, exams that weren't thorough, many appointments I arrived for to be told they had no record of an appointment, being asked to return several hours later only to wait for several more hours. Each time I was foolish enough to think that perhaps this time would be different. Some of the office staff really tries to be cheerful and friendly but most of the time I have experienced overt rudeness. It must be an awful place for the staff. I was always courteous regardless of the way I was treated. The doctor openly complains about insurance payments, the cost of rent, scheduling too many patients in front of patients and staff. On a recent visit, one of the medical assistants dropped something and said, "Aw, f--k." With a blood draw, the medical assistant struggled to find a vein and after three sticks brought in another assistant who complained as she tried a fourth time that the first MA was incompetent and she shouldn't have to do her work for her (a blood draw on me) and then they proceeded to argue and the first MA threw up her arms and slammed the exam room door. It was awkward and uncomfortable. Hopefully others have had far more positive experiences.

Worst Office Ever show details Worst Office Ever
Apr 17th, 2011

Every time I schedule an appointment when I arrive they tell me I don't have an appt and they are not sure if they can see me. The Dr. does not take the time to discuss what is going on nor let me know what she thinks is wrong before she writes a prescription. Very RUDE staff and now I see where they get it, because the Dr. is not any better. Be prepared to wait and if you make an appt. make sure you write down who you made it with so you can tell them when they say your not on the schedule.

Horribly rude staff and very greedy office! show details Horribly rude staff and very greedy office!
Mar 14th, 2011

Wow this had to be the rudest Dr. office i have ever been in. Wait was horrible. They demand cash upfront even with insurance. Didnt diagnose me right. didnt bill my insurance but took cash for my deductible. never again!

Horrible Alpine Office show details Horrible Alpine Office
by Upset on Feb 28th, 2011

This doctor's office is the worse in communication with patients. I have tried three times to get ahold of them to schedule an appt. Left messages no return calls. Shame on you Dr. Williams for having such a poor staff. I had an appt and was cancelled because the doctor did not want to come down from Temecula office. Wow, that is how you treat patients. Maybe you should let new patients know that you are pretty much unavailable to Alpine residents!!!

unsatisfied show details unsatisfied
Nov 23rd, 2010

This is the worst doctor I have ever seen. I thought her office would be conventient,but not worth it.It's more of an inconvenience to see her or nayone in her office. She is very rude to her patience as well as to her staff!!!

Worst Dr. Office EVER! show details Worst Dr. Office EVER!
Oct 28th, 2010

I made an apt for a prescripion refill that would run out in two weeks. After confirming my apt. to see the doctor for the important prescrip refill, I showed up for my apt and they told me I wasn't scheduled until the following day. I showed up the following day and they gave me to a nurse practictitioner who can't prescribe. They charged me my copay for doing nothing and resceduled my apt again for a day doc is not in the office. The doc is rarely in that location i found out. When I finally got in I only had one day supply of medication left. To my surprise they said the doctor was not in because she was moving and they never bothered to call!!!! I will not go back!

Great M.D., Great staff show details Great M.D., Great staff
by Robin Swanson Brown on Oct 21st, 2010

My experiences with Dr. Williams has always been positive. Dr.Williams has a wonderful bedside manner, and is always compassionate and caring. She is very professional, and has grear knowledge of the human body, mind and spirit.Her staff is the best you could ever wish for. They are all kind and caring, and very professional. When I go to see the Doctor, they make me feel like I am the most important one there.They have been there for me in my own, personal, silly emergencies, and are always been very quick to refill any medications that I may need. I VERY HIGHLY recommend Dr. Laura Williams. You will not find a more comfortable, compassionate atmosphere.

Thanks for Staying in Alpine Dr. Laura show details Thanks for Staying in Alpine Dr. Laura
Oct 18th, 2010

Dr. Laura Williams is that last private practice left in East County between Alpine and El Centro off the 8.2009 was a tough year for all and I am glad to have access to the same physician for the past five years. All the other ones have either left or are retiring. Thanks Dr. Laura

HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!! show details HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!!
Oct 5th, 2010

We have yet to see the doctor. Her nurse practioner runs the office and sees all patience. The staff has no knowldge of billing or how to make appointments. They are not kind at all!!!!!!!!!!

I've worked for this doctor - Never again show details I've worked for this doctor - Never again
Aug 24th, 2010

If i could give this business a negative 5 star I would. I have personally worked for this physician and she has no morals! She yells and uses foul language at her employee's even in front of her paltient's. To this day she denied it though! She is always late getting to work and her patient's are always angry. Referrals and medication refills take forever to get processed. She does things in her business that are illegal and i would never trust her as my own doctor or with my child. Her newly enrolled patient's rarely stay for long due to inadequacy. The patient and employee turn-over rate is very high. Her MD license should be revoked and never given back. I will never recommend that anyone use this physician or even work for her unless you have no morals or integrity yourself. I would drive 50 miles to the next Physician if she was the only one in town before i visit her.

Aug 10th, 2010

I have been to this doctor twice. Living in Alpine I thought it would be close to home. 1st office visit we spent over 1 1/2 hrs waiting and then 45 min. in the room waiting, and saw the doctor for about 10 minutes. 2nd visit, I waited over 2 hrs, then 45 min. in the room, and when she finally came in her bedside manner was for the dogs. The reason I assume she became a doctor was to help people. If she cannot be there for every patient, maybe she should find another career.

Royal Pain show details Royal Pain
Mar 8th, 2010

When I do finally see her, she acts like royalty and like I'm taking up her valuable time. I can't get any straight answers out of her. She has changed staff and I find them to be meat-heads. I finally went in to request my blood test results and records,which I needed to be able to show specialists I am seeing. Her receptionist (who had a small child with her behind the desk) coldly told me it would cost $50 for my records unless another doctor requested them. I told her I WILL find another doctor because I won't be coming back. This happened on a Friday. On Monday, I got a call to reschedule an appointment(one that didn't exist in the first place)because "Doctor had a family emergency." I have had to reschedule or wait because something always seems to come up. I liked her PRN better!! I think Williams was using a C-Y-A job on me by saying I had an appointment scheduled...I have waited about a month to hear news on my blood results and still no word. Look around before you decide on using her as your doctor!

You wait hours, even with an appointment. show details You wait hours, even with an appointment.
Mar 4th, 2010

You will wait over two hours every time you go there. When you do get to see her she acts as if you owe her money. Not a smile or hand sake or anything remotely polite. This MD is a last option type doctor. The lady at the front desk is nice and parking is fairly easy. That is the only good thing I can say about it. If you live in Alpine you pretty much have to go to El Cajon or San Diego to see a good MD.

Feb 8th, 2010

This Doctor is very unprofessional and often very late for appointments I have scheduled. I have also been rescheduled more times than I can count. I'm switching Doctors