Dr. Laura Wolfe MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

June 21st, 2016
Great Physician
I saw Dr. Wolfe today. I am a past patient who had esophageal outpatient surgery with Dr. Wolfe. Dr. Wolfe is very friendly, professional and understands the complex of all of your medical issues that might have a relevance to her specialty. Prior to my exam today (which was thorough), Dr. Wolfe personally walked me to her office to speak about what had transpired medically since I had surgery two years ago. I have read the reviews and feel that she does have a good bedside manner and I will continue to see her.

April 6th, 2016
Dr. Wolfe was not the doctor I was recommended to by the ER I had been to the Friday before my appointment, but I saw her because she practices in the same office as the doctor who was. Overall, she didn't seem to care, or even want to try to connect any dots with the symptoms or pains that I had. She just kind of shrugged her shoulders, telling me she didn't really know what they could do for me other than give me a colonoscopy, and a urinalysis. This was before I even made it to an exam room, which she seemed reluctant to seat me in. When she did a physical exam by thumping on my back, I broke out in tears from pain and emotions, and it didn't phase her. No acknowledgement, even when I apologized for getting upset. While I left there feeling crazy, I also was boggled by how apathetic, condescending, and cold she was. However, I needed to get a colonoscopy ASAP, per the ER's direction, and had her do it later that week. She was a tiny bit more personable, but after the procedure, I felt like I was just "another day, another butt." She said I probably just have IBS, gave me a script, and said they'd call me soon. A few days later, a really nice woman from her office, that was with us during the procedure, called to tell me that the scope came back fine. But the difference was that also took the time to listen to me, and answer follow-up questions, including, "Where do I go from here?" The 5 mins she took with me was more informative than anything Dr. Wolfe had helped me with previous. So yes, almost 2mos later, I'm still having problems that are progressing, and have been referred to another GI by my Physician's Assistant, who has taken the time to hear me out, and try to figure out the root cause of what my symptoms could mean. Example, she's the one that ordered a stool sample, and suggested that it could be a parasite... Regardless of what is going on with me, at least I am not under the care of someone who is using deduction and actual effort. Overall, Dr. Wolfe was a waste of time and money. Unless you like being dismissed, and having to get second opinions, move along and go to someone else.

February 23rd, 2016
I felt my symptoms were dismissed and that she lacked concern, or a want to get to the root cause of my issues.

November 24th, 2015
My elderly mother had suffered with diarrhea for over a week. We were able to see Dr. Wolfe the next day. Dr. Wolfe amazed me with her kindness and compassion toward my mother. She was thorough and clear in her explanations, and right on the money with the lab tests she ordered. I would recommend Dr. Wolfe to friends, family and any one I care about.

November 6th, 2015
No communication
Dr. Wolfe is condescending, doesn't listen, did not take the time to hear a patient's concerns, and she and her staff don't return calls in a timely manner. When they do, they never seem interested in helping. It's almost impossible to communicate or get answers from anyone in this office.

October 27th, 2015
I went to Dr. Wolfe based on another doctor's recommendation and on her outstanding credentials. I have had prior gastroenterology exams with other physicians in other cities. She was the most thorough. She was also more cordial than the average physician. One staff member was slightly sour faced (perhaps accounting for less than outstanding ratings by others who have rated Dr. Wolfe.) but was efficient and courteous. I await my final diagnosis with confidence.

March 11th, 2015
lack of bedside manner
I tried to get in with one of the more experienced GI docs at this practice but the wait was too long so I ended up with Dr. Wolfe. It's been difficult to communicate with her and her bedside manner is sorely lacking. I've lost faith and am looking for an alternate practice.