Laurel A Shepherd MD Patient Reviews

1.0

January 22nd, 2016
I went in for scaitic flare up. I was 5 months pregnant. I looked at my medical history on a health portal and she recorded it as morbid obesity. Told me I was too fat and to take ibuprofen.

January 25th, 2015
Worst Experience Ever Had
I saw this woman at an InstaCare location in Taylorsville on a Sunday. I had hurt my back five days previous to this and finally couldn't take the pain any longer. She saw me for about three minutes, probed my back, checked my knee reflexes, then announced that I hadn't injured a disk and that it takes a week for the back to feel better (it had already been five days). She didn't listen to me or my concerns, nor did she bother giving any explanation for what might be wrong. When I mentioned that I had been taking Ibuprofen and it hadn't been working (when she said she was going to prescribe an anti-inflammatory medication), she instantly informed me that she would not be prescribing me anything with narcotics and that those weren't prescribed for back injuries. She made it sound as though I was trying to con her out of drugs. It was insulting and unprofessional considering she is in my network and has my medical history in front of her. I left feeling as though I would have gotten better medical care from my cat. I would definitely never recommend this woman to anyone. This was absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor.

May 12th, 2012
Totally unprofessional
I came into the Instacare with severe headache and sore throat, sicker than I've been in a long long time. When Dr. Shepherd came into the room I was nauseated and hyperventilating and had been dizzy enough that I nearly fell off the scale. All she did was tell me my strep test was negative, and then, as an afterthought, she looked in my throat. Didn't conduct ANY physical exam or ask me ANY questions about how I was feeling. I was appalled at her lack of concern and professionalism. Good thing I wasn't having a stroke. . . . I've spent years taking my family to various doctors' appointments and this was by far the worst one I've ever had. IHC should be alarmed that one of their staff is so negligent in performing their duties.