A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lauren Barfield:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lauren Barfield is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lauren Barfield, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Barfield graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Barfield has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Our Lady of The Lake Reg Medical Center
- Our Lady of Lourdes Rmc
- Earl K Long Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Barfield accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Lauren M. Barfield practice?
Dr. Lauren Barfield practices Internal Medicine near Baton Rouge, LA.
See Baton Rouge Internists.