Dr. Lauren Bernstein MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

April 30th, 2017
Cheerful, knowledgeable and a good listener
Dr. Bernstein greeted me with a smile and immediately put me at ease. She was quick to determine a problem with my thyroid medication that I have been on for years. She listened to what I had to say about my family history, understood its impact on me. She was not the kind of doctor who insisted that I do what she suggested without question. Instead, she suggested that I consider the options -- I believe that her first option is the right one for me, but I will do as she suggested for now -- wait and see. No pressure, no alarm bells, just quiet reassurance. Excellent "bedside" manner.

October 24th, 2016
Horrible experience
After waiting almost two hours, I was called back. Doctor spent less than 10 minutes with me. Was arrogant, rude, dismissive. Told me I couldn't possibly be feeling how I was feeling, handed me a few medicine samples, one of which was out-of-date. This was not the hour-long consult promised by this practice. I felt totally belittled. I would never return to this doctor.

March 7th, 2016
It is always a pleasure to see Dr. Bernstein. The only reason I rated a 4 star for "promptness" is that Dr Bernstein is always concerned with all her patients and spends as much time as possible with each one which I am sure delays her a little in seeing her next appointment that day. I would rather have this then have her run in and run out just to make an appointment.

December 30th, 2015
HORRIBLE
I wish there was an option for no star! - I went to Dr. Bernstein with my mother for her first appointment, for support. When Dr. Bernstein finally came into the room, she had a intern with her... QUICKLY went over my moms stats and condescendingly told my mother that she needed to be taught how to eat, threw a book at her and then that was it. My mother went to the "class" that was offered and the "coach" told her that if she wanted to die she could die. Without knowing anything that was going on in her life. This was honestly the worst experience I've ever seen with a "doctor".

November 19th, 2015
Find another doctor
This doctor is usually running late, and seems very rushed. Doesn't really take the time to consider your symptoms, just tells you to wait for the lab results. The lab results come in days after you've seen the doctor and you are simply called by a nurse and told what medication to take. No one explains what your results mean, and you aren't going to see the doctor again for months. I had a bad reaction to the medicine prescribed and could not speak with the doctor, just told by a nurse to keep taking the meds and wait for my next appointment. Doctor seems arrogant and not interested in listening to your symptoms or teaching you about your condition.

November 14th, 2015
Arrogance and inaccuracy. No way!
I recently met with this physician. The purpose of the visit was for medication management following the diagnosis of a rare and life-threatening disease diagnosed by the #1 endocrinology center in the U.S. This physician was kind in my face-to-face interview. HOWEVER, had I not asked for her office notes, I would not have known that she not only doubted my symptoms, but also my diagnosis! I cannot believe the audacious arrogance of any physician to question a diagnosis made by a top-notch physician at THE premiere medical institution in our country! She was dismissive of me and of their diagnosis; her office notes did not even accurately share the results of our in-person visit! I do NOT trust this physician, would NEVER recommend her, and will never return to a practice which even hires someone such as this person. I am not as dumbfounded over her ignorance about my condition as I am about her lack of willingness to admit she needed to brush-up on the facts, her inaccurate office notes, and unbridled arrogance.

January 6th, 2015
Condescending & careless
Extremely condescending, insensitive,arrogant & sloppy. Rushes through every appt. I've had w/ her.

December 29th, 2014
Horrible.
Don't waste your time or money on this rude and unintelligent physician. She offered no help, no advice, and generally sent me on my way after 5 minutes. For this she billed over $500.00

July 21st, 2014
Total Waste of time and hard-earned money!
I was referred to Bernstein by my oncologist. I had to wait three months for an appt. and was so thrilled when the day came that I would get my questions answered. NOT! First of all I arrived 55 minutes early with ALL my paperwork completed....the front desk worker told me I was late. After 1 1/2 hours of waiting, I asked the worker what the problem was and she said that is why we ask you to be on time, it takes time to get the information typed up. I reminded her that I had been there 55 minutes early and she said there were only two rooms available and could not get me back. When I was finally called back (two hours after my appt. time) the nurse did not even act phased---you would have thought they were right on time...I emphatically said, "Could you please tell me what time it is, and why when I came at 2:00 for my 3:00 appointment, I am just now coming back (at 4:15) to see the doctor? Her reply was the same as the front....we only have two rooms. Okay----either don't overbook or get another room!! When the doctor came in ( I had been assured in my paperwork that the doctor would spend at least 1 1/2 hours with me but more than likely would be 2 hours) she spent 30 minutes with me and charged me $800.00. I have no more answers today than when I went to her office that day. The doctor's notes on the lab work instructed her assistant to "tell patient there are no problems and everything is okay". When I read the lab work, there were several flags on the labs that was generated by the computer. Did she even look at my labs? If you are looking for an endocrinologist, I suggest you KEEP LOOKING---don't stop with this group. The office staff is arrogant and rude....the doctor doesn't have time for you.....and everything that you read in their paperwork about the amount of time they will take with you is not even close to true. One statement that they make IS true, however.....they WILL spend a lot of time with you, but you will actually be in the waiting room and they in the back. Would not have waited this long for ANY doctor, but I had hope that this was the one. Total waste of MY time and money. Business must really be good in that the front office workers (I will not call them staff) and the doctors do not feel a need to be kind, compassionate, professional, or people of integrity. Will not go back.

January 15th, 2014
Outstanding Care Provider.
I obtained an appointment much earlier than I expected after a referral from my primary care physician. My appointment was at 8:15 AM and I was taken into the back offices even before I had time to fill out my medical history paperwork. I was amazed. The staff, from receptionist, to lab tech, to exit office staff, were all superb. Dr. Bernstein was knowledgeable, friendly, caring, helpful in all respects, and spent much more time with me than I expected. She explained so much, and I was thoroughly impressed with her expertise. I can enthusiastically rate her the highest ratings available.

September 10th, 2012
Very Knowledgable
Excellent bedside manner and explained her decisions and concerns in terms that were very understandble. Takes her time to listen and takes your concerns seriously.

September 5th, 2012
Well trained, but not my cup of tea
Well-trained, but bedside manner could use attended to. I thought it was also concerning that she didn't want a follow up for quite some time though I was less than two weeks out of the hospital when I met with her. After transferring to another physician in the practice, I was informed that she does not advise her patients against taking generic synthroid despite large differences in absorbtion between the generic and name brand.