A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lauren Shatz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lauren Shatz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lauren Shatz, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shatz graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Shatz has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Baystate Medical Center
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shatz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Health New England - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Lauren J. Shatz practice?
Dr. Lauren Shatz practices Ophthalmology near Amherst, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Florence, MA and Northampton, MA.
See Amherst Ophthalmologists.