Dr. Laurence Adams MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 15th, 2015
Finest neurologist I've ever known! Kind, thoughtful, and really listens to his patients.
Excellent neurologist. Seen many in Chicago who were ubsatisfactory. His manner and referrals spot on!

February 3rd, 2015
Excellent doctor. He cares about his patients. Spends time listening and explains I don't mind waiting if he is behind since I know he will also spend time with me. He is the kind of doctor that I wish more were. Patients first. That he wen into medicine to help people and that's why he is still is a doctor. The only problem with that practice is getting called back from nurses, and scheduling.

October 1st, 2013
Best Neurologist Ever
I've been with Dr Adams and his staff for 16 years. He has always been there when I needed him, and when I needed referrals for other doctors, he always found me the best. He was the 1st to get my grand-mal seizures under control with the use of an implant I'd never heard of, and he's helped rid me of most of my migraines. He takes me seriously when needed, and goes with the flow when I hallucinate after a major round of seizures. I would move back to my home state, but I wouldn't have him or all of the fantastic doctors he put me in touch with. After going through more than 15 neurologists in Chicago, it is truly amazing to me that I found Dr Adams through the E.R. when I had my very first migraine. The wait is worth it, because I know that if I have a serious problem they will find a way to get me in. I only wish there were more doctors of his caliber. He is a true hero in my eyes.

April 17th, 2013
This Dr.gives false info
While courtious,Dr .Adams tries to direct patiants away from the most current and effective treatments under the ruse of the coinservative approch is the best .Get with the times Dr adams

September 19th, 2011
Disappointed
Waited a month to get in, already had an extention on meds from Denver waiting to get in. One week before my appt they called to cancell and informed me it would be another month to get in. I can't get another extention on meds from Denver doctor and it's a month to get in anywhere else (including Denver Doctor). They really put me in a bad postion and would NOT recommend to anyone.

November 24th, 2010
Dr. never showed for the appointment
Dr. Adams never showed for the appointment. He was not even in the building. Very rude and disrespectful. I waited 25 mins., asked the staff where he was, and left.

November 12th, 2009
wonderful doctor

September 10th, 2009
Nice but not worth the time or money
If you need a neurologist go to Denver. Dr. Adams is well-meaning but in over his head on only slightly complicated cases. Head north!