Dr. Laurence Athos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

January 31st, 2013
Never ceases to amaze me aat the knowledge he has.
Dr. AThos has been my primary care physican 5+ years. He is always available and willing to listen. I have several health issues and he covers them all. Always asks if I have any concerns and checks on what other issues are goibng on with any of my specialists doctors.....I would recommend him to others.

July 16th, 2011
I've been a patient for a few years now and never had a complaint before. Don't know what the heck happened to his office now. I had to wait longer than I ever did before (usually only about 5-10 minutes before I was taken to my exam room). The original lady who did just about everything wasn't there. The new staff is rude and cold. They didn't answer the phone until the third time I called to make an appointment. When I finally saw the doctor, he was just as rude and cold as the two ladies in the office. I spent more time waiting for him than he spent with me. All around, they don't seem to know what there doing. Don't know if I want to go back. Might give him another chance, but doubt it.

May 6th, 2011
Great doctor, great staff
Dr. Athos has taken care of me for several years. He is thorough, courteous, and very pro-active. He goes through every concern I have, listens, and comes up with treatment that has never failed. I have always been able to be seen immediately between my normally scheduled appointments and I've never had to wait more than five minutes before being escorted to my exam room. His office manager is very helpful, efficient, friendly, and knowledgable. To me, this is an important factor in making my visits a pleasant experience. Some offices can be cold and indifferent; this office is not.

January 5th, 2011
Excellent, knowledgeable, caring doctor
Dr. Athos is my primary care doctor and also treated my 80 year old mother with COPD. He is the most knowledgeable doctor I've ever known. Besides being well-informed and up-to-date, he is very thorough and attentive. His office is small but well managed. I almost never have to wait. He is also very caring and goes the extra mile to be sure his patients receive excellent care. I recommend him without reservation to anyone looking for Castro Valley's BEST doctor.

September 9th, 2010
One of the Best Doctors Ever
I have been seeing Dr. Athos for over 5 years; I am 72 years old. Dr. Athos takes as much time as I need to handle my medical issues. I am well-read and on top of all my medical issues and I have a lot of comments and questions. He handles questions and "push back" with ease and is never defensive or agitated with questions. At the end of each visit he asks "Is there anything else you want to discuss with me?" At the end of each visit he gives me a written form that contains any instructions, any lab work, name, address and phone of any referrals. I have asthma and he is current on asthma treatment and I have not had an attack in 5 years since I've been seeing him. Dr. Athos is the best doctor I have seen in many years. I am happy to share my experience with others who may be considering him for treatment - he is the BEST.

October 14th, 2009
The Grim Reaper-the worst doctor I have ever encountered. Doesn't even deserve a half a star.