Overall Review

3.4

February 27th, 2013
I am a healthcare provider
I really hope this review is helpful. I am a healthcare provider for adults and children and my child had surgery in the first year of life with Dr. Baskin at UCSF. My husband and I found him impatient and rude, he became angrier with every question we asked. During our post-op appointment, when we pointed out some continued problems upon physical exam, he told us we were exaggerating and just "wrong". Because of his refusal to address concerns we were forced to take our toddler to another academic training center and tertiary medical center in the Bay Area with a world-class pediatric urology team and are now awaiting another surgery to correct the problems left from Baskin's initial surgery. I might also add that the new surgeon readily and immediately identified the continued physical deformity that Dr. Baskin wouldn't acknowledge. His education, publications, training, and reputation are impressive and we were told by peers that he was "the best". After our experience, I reviewed his patient reviews and they were largely poor with comments that mirrored our experience with him. As a provider myself, I have my own profiles on these sites and patient experiences are important. His attitude was very much one of "how dare you bother me with questions, you clearly don't know as much as me and I don't have time for you". If he treats his peers this way, I really felt like the public needs to be told about our experience.

September 7th, 2011
Good experience
Dr. Baskin monitored my child's hydronephrosis before and after birth. He took care and consideration to monitor the situation as needed and did not pursue invasive technologies or treatments until we agreed it was necessary. He performed surgery on my child at the age of 9 months. He was thorough, careful, and quick. Although not overly "friendly", neither was he rude. Frankly, we weren't looking for a friend so we didn't care. What was important was that he took the time to listen to our questions and to answer them until we were satisfied that we understood the circumstances and our options.

April 30th, 2011
Not recommended
Horrible experience with Dr. Baskin-in my opinion he is not at all trustworthy.