A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Laurence Cheung:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Laurence Cheung, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Gallbladder inflammation (Cholecystitis)
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Hemorrhagic Shock
- Peptic Ulcer
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Cheung graduated from National Defense Medical Center, Taipei.
Dr. Cheung has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Hospital and Medical Center
- St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
- Providence Park Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cheung accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Priority Health - 6 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan