A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Laurence Cheung:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cheung
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cheung Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Laurence Cheung, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Gallbladder inflammation (Cholecystitis)
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Hemorrhagic Shock
- Peptic Ulcer
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Cheung graduated from National Defense Medical Center, Taipei.
Dr. Cheung has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Hospital and Medical Center
- St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
- Providence Park Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Laurence Y Cheung MD is a male Surgeon, has 44 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Laurence Y. Cheung practice?
- Dr. Laurence Cheung has 1 office location.
Dr. Laurence Cheung practices Surgery near Southfield, MI.
See Southfield Surgeons.