Dr. Laurence Higgins MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 29th, 2016
Made a BIG mistake
I'ma 57 years old phd mathematician in Amherst university, I went to Dr. higgins for left shoulder pain impingement back in 2012 and since then he has done 3 surgeries on me and all failed. Now I have pain and limitation more than ever. My rotatorcuff suparspinatus and infraspinatus is ruined and the failed biceps tenodesis has completely deformed my arm. I spend so much time in the waiting rooms past 4 years with him and months and months of PT all gone to waste I feel sad and regretful. If you want to see an orthopedic surgeon do in depth research and don't fall for the appearance and the show they put on to get you in the surgery room. GOD BLESS

August 26th, 2016
Rude and Condecending oh ya 3 hours late too
His PA was fantastic but after waiting for 3 hours to see him he was very brief, Condecending and rude. Decided to go to someone I trust as I don't trust him.

June 17th, 2016
Mixed Reviews
Waited over 3 hours to be seen!! Saw his assistant who then acted as if she was reading my paperwork, yet then continued to ask me the same questions (an obvious stall tactic) Poor bedside manners by all staff at the Chestnut Hill location. Dr. Higgins was knowledgeable, and pleasant once I saw him. Reluctantly I booked surgery with him anyways based on the fact that I'd prefer expertise over manners for this surgery.

April 15th, 2016
BAD Doctor
Dr. Higgins was constantly late for my appointments with no explanations. Never returned my phone calls until weeks after. Always saw an intern and not Dr. Higgins. He was over two (2) hours late the day of my surgery. Wanted to do another procedure after the one he performed did not rid me of my pain. I would never go to this SELF CENTER Doctor again...

April 29th, 2015
Definitely disappointed!
After waiting over a month to see Dr. Higgins for shoulder pain he was an hour late for the appointment (no apologies) and he sent his "fellow" in first who was so arrogant and condescending ;I was speechless. All swagger--no people skills. Higgins himself was fine; but that's about it.

February 11th, 2015
Too busy for in-depth care pre and post surgery.
Definitely felt like a number. You only see Dr. Higgins every 2nd or 3rd visit. Obviously he has a busy practice and has no problem letting his assistants let you know that every chance they get.

July 8th, 2014
Dr Higgins has done both shoulders and I cannot recommend him highly enough

June 24th, 2012
Dr Higgins is one of the most skillful, dedicated, and compassionate doctors I know. The waiting time is sometimes long, but it is only because he takes the time he needs with you. He also has an extremely busy practice, and that says something about his skills as a doctor.

May 7th, 2012
One in a Million
I was afraid to have a shoulder replacement. When I met Dr. Higgins I was instantly confident he would make it better. Not only did he make it better but he did it with kindness and patience which is an unusual quality in Surgeons today. He gives his time and shows he cares. He will be my Surgeon forever.

March 25th, 2012
Dr Higgins is one of the most knowledgeablem sjillful, and caring doctors I have ever known. He is an amazing doctor. He is an amazing person.

March 13th, 2012
Absolutely the best!
I visited Dr. Higgins for shoulder pain. My problem wasn't the most extensive, but he and his staff made me feel that fixing the problem was as important to them as if I'd still been the professional athlete I'd once been. He was sold to me by someone from Duke University as the best and that person was right. Arthoroscopy and the PT he recommended were spot-on. My fixed shoulder is better than the one I was born with. I have recommended him highly to others who have all raved about him as well.

October 21st, 2011
Simply the best
After being operated on by supposed experts for my dislocating shoulder (4 failed sugeries at NWH, Baptist and MGH, Dr. Higgins performed a miracle and I am pain free and playing tennis again. He is kind, compassionate and truly cares about his patients. I have sent my family and friends and they all agree - he is a star.