Dr. Laurence Mack MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 27th, 2016
Dr Laurence Mack
Best doctor I ever had treated me with my concerns.

July 9th, 2016
If you are high risk, this is the man you want taking care of you and your baby.
I was diagnosed a Type 2 Diabetic at 22 years old. At 26 I found out I was pregnant and was referred to Dr. Mack by my mother and close family friend who raved about the amazing treatment they received from him. Even after my 1st consultation with him I felt as if he treated me like family. He was very thorough and informative from beginning to end. After the test results came back it was found that I also had Factor V Leiden (a rare blood-clotting disorder). Dr. Mack went above and beyond to make sure I had a healthy pregnancy and delivery. I went through many ups and downs during my 1st pregnancy and Dr. Mack was always there any time of day or night to attend to my needs. I don't know if my son and I would have made it without him. He is without a doubt the best doctor I have ever had and would highly recommend him to anyone. For anyone who states he is all about the money, I'm sorry but I would have to disagree. He took into consideration that me and my sons father were not in the best position financially and did his best to work with us.

November 22nd, 2015
The Superman of Obstetrics
Dr. Mack is a fantastic OB/GYN. He is The Superman Of Obstetrics!!! Not only is he a great doctor, but he spends the time with you to explain everything that's going on with you.

April 6th, 2015
I think Dr. Mack is truly the best doctor around...I do believe he is a bit of an alarmist, however, you have to remember that these doctors pay a lot in malpractice insurance so they have an obligation to tell you every possible thing that can go wrong. Considering every person is sue happy these days, he has to cover himself. As long as Dr. Mack is in practice, he will be my doctor. He recently delivered my son and I could not have asked for a better physician by my side in the hospital and on the phone weeks later while going through PPD.

October 10th, 2013
He is a overall the best doctor I ever had in my life. He is very compassionate, caring and always there no matter what hour of the day . He saved my life and I am very grateful to be his patient. His office is excellent !!! The Best Doctor Ever !!!

June 15th, 2013
Stay Clear
DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR - Dr. Mack recommended and worked along side a colleague of his (on me) that left me disfigured, with permanent nerve damage and pain after surgery. He denied the doctor did anything wrong and stuck up for the doctor tooth and nail even though the other doctor blamed him for my disfigurement (which I told him) and (as he was talking to himself out loud while reading the other doctor's report) noticed that the other Doc. had told him that I had had something that clearly was not on the official operation report (the other doc was making things up as she went along to both him and I). Dr. Mack's allegiance is with his colleagues (and his pocket) not his patients (as he had mentioned to me that the other doctor gives him many referrals and was a good colleague while I was crying on the examining table). Dr. Mack acts like he cares about his patients, but if you really listen to what he is saying...he is only patting himself on the back. He speaks so highly of himself and of all his accomplishments over and over, that one can be brainwashed into believing it. "Egotistical" and "believe he is god-like" as stated by another reviewer here, is accurate. I never write reviews either, but feel the same as the the reviewer before me "that I had an obligation to protect a potential patient from having the same horrific experience." I wish I would have never met this doctor (and his colleague), because several years of tears, pain and many other doctors appointments to try to fix myself took time and joy away from me and my beautiful family.

May 28th, 2013
a must meet doc!
Dr. Mack is the best!!! he knows his patients and follows up! the staff is also wonderful so caring! the best ob on Long Island!!!!

February 12th, 2013
Thinks highly of himself. ..
High risk pregnancies watch out for this cruel man ready to take advantage of you desire to have a healthy baby.

February 3rd, 2013
He is always available for you, no matter what time of day!! He explains everything in detail. He cares for his patients!!

October 20th, 2012
Best OB around!
Dr. Mack is hands down the best OB/GYN there is! He made me feel so comfortable throughout my entire pregnancy, which for your first, can be a scary unknown feeling! When I went into labor with my daughter, he talked me through the whole process before I even went into the hospital so I felt more comfortable going in. As I was delivering my baby, he made me feel so confident as he was not only my doctor, he was like a family member telling me how proud he was of me! My husband and I were talking about my delivery afterwards and we said we can't wait to go to Dr. Mack again!

August 2nd, 2012
I have been a patient of Dr. Mack's for over 20 years. He delivered my children and has always given me the best care possible.He really cares how you are. He is respectful,funny and professional which makes you feel comfortable and at ease.His staff is awesome too!I would never consider going any where else! Love him.

July 17th, 2012
The best doctor ever!!!
Dr. Mack is thorough , caring, and always there to answer even the silliest questions. He has saved my life findingSevere pre cancer from a pap smear. He is truly the best doctor around!!!!! Highly recommend him!!!