inactive

Laurence R Mansur MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

November 9th, 2011
He is all about Trigger Point Therapy whether u need it or not!
In 2003 I was experiencing lower back pain. My PCP sent me to Dr Mansur. Within 5 minutes he had diagnosed me with trigger point syndrome. He began giving me steroid shots in various areas of my lower back. Had me coming back every week or two for these shots over n over again. This went on for nearly a year! I began having physical problems ie: my hair started falling out in clumps & other various problems he swore had nothing to do with these shots. Turns out my PCP already had me on Prednisone for severe allergies and here this Dr was pumping full of yet more steroids. He never listened to me and my reg PCP told me it was all just in my head and wrote out prescription for antidepressant. I was livid to say the least, switch PCPs and within 3 weeks was diagnosed with a huge kidney stone! The specialist I saw told me if I had waited any longer for treatment I would have lost my left kidney! Dr. Mansur was very keen on letting everyone know he had ever written a book on Trigger Point Therapy so I suppose anyone walks through his door "has" Trigger Point syndrome! Would never recommend anyone see him!

June 30th, 2010
Not willing to admit he could be wrong!
I was sent to Dr. Mansur via the refferel desk at St. Johns. I had severe pain in my upper neck since Feb. My muscles were pulling my head to my shoulders in order to protect my neck. However, the minute I got in there he said I had Tortacollus, that I needed to go to Physical Therapy and if that didn't work I would have to have Botox injections in my shoulder. I told him that I hadn't had a MRI yet and he told me it wasn't necessary, that he knew that was what it was. I proceeded to go to PT for 7 times, each time my pain beginning to get worse. Finally the last time I was in tears all memorial day weekend and called the office that monday and told them I wanted an MRI before I got the botox just to be certain. I was tired of being in pain all the time. I went in and he seemed very IRRITATED AT ME that I wanted an MRI but stated he would do it but "that it wouldn't show anything as it was Torticollus and I needed to continue PT". The MRI came back that I had 2 bulging disks! Even after the MRI he still stated it was tortacollus and then sent me to the Pain Diagnostic Clinic in Bixby for the Botox injection. Thank God he did that at least. That Dr. even said he wouldn't do Botox unless he had an MRI first. My new Dr. said it was NOT tortacollus, that it was the buldging disks causing the pain but did a test just to make sure.He said the muscles were contracting to protect my neck, and did a procedure by injecting steroids into my neck and THANK GOD, NO MORE PAIN. Had I listen to Dr. Mansur I would still be going to PT, living with pain everyday, or getting a botox injection that I DIDN'T NEED!!! Do yourself a favor. Find a dr. that will listen to your concerns and find a dr. that doesn't think that he's incapable of being wrong!!!!

November 17th, 2009
Thank you, Dr. Mansur.
I found these two reviews to be TOTALLY INACCURATE. I was scheduled for a visit to Dr. Mansur's office and I checked this site for a map of the location & information on the Doctor. After reading these reviews I had second thoughts about my forth coming visit. I am happy to report that either times have changed things or these other folks were in a different Doctors office. I have noticed that this site does seem to place some reviews with the wrong Doctors. Check it out.Very nice office full of friendly staff members, easy to get to with a convenient parking area. They are currently in suite 401, not 202 as listed in the article. I was running a little late for a "First time patient" clipboard session, not a problem. Got my paper work completed & was in an exam room in about 10 minutes. A nurse was in shortly to take my vitals and the doctor appeared before I completed studding the "Amazing Hand / Arm" poster on the wall.My visit was for a Lower Lumbar problem that gave me occasional Leg pain / numbness.Dr. Mansur was very professional, we exchanged greetings and he studied the results of my X-Rays & MRI. He explained in depth, in layman terms the results of the X-Rays & MRI and how our bodies change as we age. Dr. Mansur had me do a few simple physical tests to complete his evaluation of my condition. I am a 61 year old male in pretty good shape just gaining a few aches & pains along the way. Dr. Mansur explained that my condition did not require further action from his office at this time and hopefully not for a long time. We discussed pain management and guidelines to follow. I found Doctor Mansur to be very straight forward, to the point, informative and helpful in my case. My kind of Doctor. His office is very comfortable and well staffed.I do leave Dr. Mansur a 5 STAR rating. *****

February 20th, 2009
Beware!
In 2002 I had severe back pain that came in waves. My PCP sent me to Dr. Mansur. As soon as he walked in the room, he told me I had "trigger points' and that I must receive injections of what turned out to be the steroid Depo Medrol. My pain never went away and he had me coming week after week to receive these injections. Come to find out he has written some book on Trigger Point Pain and I suspect from all the ratings I have read on the internet, that most every patient who walks through his door immediately has "trigger points". After a year of these injections along with a myriad of health troubles related to the steroid Depo Medrol he was injecting me with, I finally said enuff is enuff and found another Dr. Within 2 1/2 weeks I was diagnosed with a HUGE kidney stone that had not been found when it was, would have ruined my left kidney!!! SO much for Trigger Points"! I strongly suggest anyone seeing this Dr and receiving these steroid injections Google "Depo-Medrol-Did It harm you" and find out the horrifying side effects from this steroid and see that it is not even approved for such injections!!!

February 17th, 2009
I waited 2 hours in the waiting room before being called back, waited another 15 minutes, got shot up with steroids, and was told to come back in 2 weeks. He didn't actually try to diagnose anything, he was more concerned with explaining to me how he's the only doctor in the country who knew how to inject a certain area correctly. He didn't explain what he was doing, and when I asked him what he was injecting me with, he said it was a muscle relaxant. I found out later it was a steroid, after it made me ill. He doesn't want to treat the obvious cause of my back problems, but wants me to make sure I come back in another 2 weeks for more steroids!