A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Laurence Mermelstein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Laurence Mermelstein is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mermelstein
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mermelstein Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Laurence Mermelstein, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Back Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Laser Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Neck Pain
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Thoracic Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Mermelstein graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Mermelstein has 6 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore University Hospital
- St Francis Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Laurence Eric Mermelstein MD is a male Spine Surgeon, has 22 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine.
- Where does Dr. Laurence E. Mermelstein practice?
- Dr. Laurence Mermelstein has 1 office location.
Dr. Laurence Mermelstein practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine near Commack, NY.
See Commack Surgeons.