A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Laurence Mermelstein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Laurence Mermelstein is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Laurence Mermelstein, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Cervical Herniated Discs
- Degenerative Spine
- Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Deformity
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Mermelstein graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Mermelstein has 11 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
- North Shore University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Laurence Eric Mermelstein MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 19 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine.
- Where does Dr. Laurence E. Mermelstein practice?
- Dr. Laurence Mermelstein has 2 office locations.
Dr. Laurence Mermelstein practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine near Commack, NY.
Additional practice locations include: West Islip, NY.
See Commack Surgeons and Commack Orthopedic Surgeons.