Dr. Laurence Murphy Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Laurence Murphy?

Humiliating experience

Posted on October 3rd, 2017

If I could give zero stars I would. Called their billing office to inquire about a bill. The girl just literally told me in a mean rude voice "don't come here again, or get your child to this office, we don't want to see you, such troublesome patients". She didn't stop there, she actually hung up the phone on me!!! when I told her that I have never heard such a comment from a front office employee ever before, She said aggressively "I am not going to listen to a lecture, I am done" then hung up the phone. She was hardly listening, she is cutting me constantly all the way. Humiliating, such a humiliating experience. I am filling this complaint to the highest concerned authorities. This should never happen ever to anyone. Unacceptable. Still cant believe it!

Simply the best

Posted on April 8th, 2014

I am an RN myself, I wouldn't have any other pediatrician for my babies. Very very knowledgeable, accurate diagnosis every time. He know what he is doing and saying unlike some other doc, (including referrals to experienced and great specialists as well). Another great thing, I can get appointment the same day, office is open Saturdays; and Sunday's on call doctors means a lot. I don't have to panic and rush to urgent care or ER, I can just call them and talk through the problems. And they are very good at returning the calls. 100% recommended from this mom!

Breast feeding

Posted on April 13th, 2013

My wife breast fed our kids for 10 months .... But had it been for this doctor the benefits of breast feeding would not have been realized by our family. In the hospital visit he used a vicious scare tactic on my wife and i.. He looked me in the eye and told me that if the baby did not get enough food it will impact its brain development and if breastfeeding is not successful by the 2nd day then i (dad) should run for formula. I thought he went ovr and above to convince and push formula. Not inly is this incorrect advise from a scientific perspective.. It is also fraudulent.. If u want a good dr go to dr staats in the same office. This guy is a joke.... Worst dr,i have ever encountered. He doesnt even know the benefits of breastfeeding,,, beyond belief...FIRED

Other doctors in office are good but stuck if there not available

Posted on July 14th, 2012

Posted on January 28th, 2011

Dr. Murphy was a great pediatrician for my sons. My sons are now in there twenties and they still consider Dr. Murphy their doctor. There is always a long wait for Dr. Murphy because he takes time with each of his patients. He is very caring and always diagnosed my sons precisely. As teenagers, he always spent time to talk to my boys about drugs and the importance of staying alcohol and drug free. He always made my boys feel like his only patients.

Doctor Larry

Posted on October 24th, 2010

Very caring and a great listener. He is worth waiting for because he knows his stuff. He takes his time to get the diagnosis right the first time.

Reminds me of Home :-)

Posted on December 27th, 2009

This doctor has an old fashioned southern charm that really puts my kids at ease during office visits. we've been going here for years and really appreciate how he slows down to spend time with us.

WARNING!!! Find another doctor

Posted on August 17th, 2009

Dr. Murphy is not what he seems. He seems nice in the office when I brought my child to him. But the following week, I saw him outside (I'm not going to say where) but he was extremely rude to the people working there. I was shocked! He was extremely inconsiderate. I don't know if I want to take my family to him anymore.

Old School

Posted on August 1st, 2009

This doctor is old school who trained a number of years ago. I am not sure if he keeps up with the current literature. He is very inconsiderate of others and does not have good etiquette. I would consider seeing another physician. He has poor manners and does not think about others.

Posted on November 13th, 2008

EXCELLENT doctor! I've been going to him for my whole 25 years -- He ALWAYS diagnosis me right on point and I never have any issues. I have horrible allergies too and he always knows when I'm sick or just have allergies - Either way, knowing how to treat my symptoms. Don't want to go to another doctor again!

Posted on October 14th, 2017