Dr. Laurence Silverstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 30th, 2015
Dr. Silverstein ,NP Debra and medical assistants, as medical practitioners, are fine. Dr. Silverstein's office staff, however, is terrible. I have been a patient as both a PPO carrier, and then as an HMO carrier. You definitely get treated differently, and better, as a PPO carrier. Once we became HMO carriers it became difficult to get appointments. In addition, I've never received my referrals. I called 3 weeks after my visit to check on them and was told they would coming in the next week. A month and a half later and they still haven't arrived.The message seems to be, "we don't want you if you are an HMO carrier". If that's the case, then why agree to take HMO patients at all? Withholding medical services as a punishment to HMO patients just isn't ethical at all.

July 9th, 2015
retired CPA
Excellent doctor and very dedicated to his elderly patients.

October 25th, 2010
Since the other doctors have all left the practice, the place has gone way downhill. The best nurses/staffers left as well. I had issues with Silverstein every time I saw him, from years ago, and I only saw him a few times. Really poor bedside manner. He overreacted to a blood test once and scared the heck out of me. He wants to do what he wants to do and has no interest in feedback from patients and will never listen to patient's point of view. Now he is alone there with some Nurse Practitioner to assist. Thanks, but no thanks. A phlebotomist royally messed up a blood test as well. Their billings are nearly always inaccurate. Front desk people don't call back re insurance questions. All they do 'right' there is send back the little cards with our test result info on them. I have left the practice.

August 30th, 2010
I often feel like I'm annoying the doctor when I ask questions. He has also told me not to come in with a long list of concerns because they only block out a certain amount of time for each patient. I now spend about 10 minutes with the doctor, twice a year, to find out the results of my blood work. He has been good about following up with prescription refills.