Dr. Laurie Gulick DO Patient Reviews

February 8th, 2016
I have always felt like Dr Gulick takes her time to listen to my concerns and follows through with her word.

December 9th, 2015
Dr Gulick - this review only reflects her
I worked with a PA there for almost 5 years. She left. I went to see another doctor, nightmare, she claimed she wanted to help me with meds and asked me to sign a paper. I did. It was a complete transfer. NGFP would not take me back when I explained what had happened. I was upset with. NGFP for an apt with my husband. I apologized, by phone, email snd letter. I lost my dog of 14 years and was recently diagnosed with Cancer, I was just a bit edgie. I lost my other dog of 15 years, tried to get back in. Called them and husband called them. No return call. Up to that point, I believed I had a great relationship with them. Our bill was always paid on time, co-pays always paid. I even brought the nurses flowers for nurses week. For having been an established patient for the length of time I was, they told me there was nothing they could do once I signed a transfer. Yet, I can still log into my patient portal from them. I do not believe this is a good way to do business. I love their nurses, front office help. What initially upset me was my husband went in for colon problems. He had rectal cancer, we ended up making 18 trips to Mayo Clinic, MN in 3 years. NGFP had no dealings with his cancer. Dr Gulick did not make a return visit, ordered a slew of blood work, we got results in the mail, had no idea what they meant. I guess mt PA, Holly, left for a reason. I have the upmost respect for her. Dr Gulic and Laurie, their supposed "office Manager" need to learn some serious bedside manners. I am left without a FP doctor. I would be very cautious in selecting Dr Gulick as your FP. Dr Mobly, he is great. Although I do not understand the process of not taking me back and who made the decision. One mistake and they kick you out. Not good practice in my book. The stars below are ONLY for Dr Gulic and Laurie. They DO NOT reflect the rest of staff

August 28th, 2015
Misleading reviews
I think Dr. Gulick is a great DR. Sure she probably has a lot to learn, but who doesn't. She is kind and courteous. As to previous reviews, the office does not serve people that are on any kind of long term pain management therapy, especially narcotics, it's just something they don't want to get into. Who can blame them, and that's their professional choice. Now, it's kind of difficult to get an appointment because it seems as though she only does morning appts, so that's kind of a drag.

March 23rd, 2015
HORRIBLE PRACTICE
I had my new patient appointment with Dr. Laurie Gulick, due to the fact that my insurance was no longer participating with my current PCP, and I had the shock of my life about 2 weeks later. First of all let me explain that Dr. G only spent approximately 5 minutes with me at my get to know you appointment, never requested my medical records from my previous providers, nor did she inquire as towhy I taking cermedications. I was however required to sign a form stating that they could drug test me at any time due to the fact that I was taking narcotic medications. Fine, not a problem. So let me explain to you that I was in a car accident over 7 years ago where someone rear ended me on the highway when all traffic was at a dead stop and the girl behind me was on her cell phone and never even slowed down before smashing into me. It was a snowy day and the roads werecovered with slushy wet snow. Anyway, since then I have been a regular patient at the pain center getting injections trying to manage my chronic uncontrolled pain, I've had 2 back surgeries and 1 knee surgery. My last back surgery was to implant a spinal cord stimulator that controls my lower back pain. Unfortunately since that surgery my pain has migrated to my upper back. So yes, I have been on many different narcotic medications over the last 7 years, but all under the supervision of my pain management team. So the story ends like this...2 weeks after my very brief appointment with Dr. Gulick I received a letter in the mail stating I had been discharged from the practice! Why? As a result of my recent controlled substance history as contained in the MI automated prescription system. Also in bold letters it states "I emphasize your medical condition requires continuing supervision". The following business day I visited the office and asked to speak with the office manager or whoever sent the letter out. The receptionist refused to let me speak to anyone as those letters are final decisions made by management and the Dr's. I said I only wanted to explain some things and she continued to refuse. I write this post because had the Dr taken the time to get to know me at the get to know first visit she would know that I do everything I can to get off as many prescriptions as I possibly can. If she truly knew my medical condition she never would have discharged me from her practice unless she is a heartless uncaring Dr. And I think people should be aware of what goes on in Dr's offices. Also, not only was the receptionist rude to me but she was to another patient on my first visit. I wish now that I would have listened to my heart when I read the other reviews about this practice on their own website and stayed far far far away. Oh well, live and learn. I hope whoever reads this takes it to heart and runs the other way. Next Generation Family Practice needs to face the consequences and I will post negatively everywhere I can find!

February 25th, 2015
Most prompt
LGBT friendly staff and Dr, courteous , understanding, easy to talk with and willing to listen.

February 19th, 2013
Family "Physician" but never met
Based on recommendation from insurer, made Dr. Gulick my primary physician. I called to get appointment and went. I was not seen by Dr. Gulick at all. Though I was there for a very specific and painful complaint, no one ever asked to see the area nor touched me except for getting my height -- definitely not to explore the pain, source or current condition of injury. I find that odd. I'm not a complainer, don't use any medications and rarely ever go to the doctor. I realize having some care and concern may add cost or not be the staff's forte, but thought I should mention it was lacking so others don't expect too much. They don't take people without insurance which saddens me, but is not unusual.

October 20th, 2012
Dr. Gulick is amazing
Such a great doctor..She is compassionate, caring, kind and polite and courteous with an excellent bedside manner that is missing from most doctors nowadays. I highly recommend anyone seking a family doctor to use Dr Laurie Gulick.