HORRIBLE PRACTICE show details HORRIBLE PRACTICE
Mar 23rd, 2015

I had my new patient appointment with Dr. Laurie Gulick, due to the fact that my insurance was no longer participating with my current PCP, and I had the shock of my life about 2 weeks later. First of all let me explain that Dr. G only spent approximately 5 minutes with me at my get to know you appointment, never requested my medical records from my previous providers, nor did she inquire as towhy I taking cermedications. I was however required to sign a form stating that they could drug test me at any time due to the fact that I was taking narcotic medications. Fine, not a problem. So let me explain to you that I was in a car accident over 7 years ago where someone rear ended me on the highway when all traffic was at a dead stop and the girl behind me was on her cell phone and never even slowed down before smashing into me. It was a snowy day and the roads werecovered with slushy wet snow. Anyway, since then I have been a regular patient at the pain center getting injections trying to manage my chronic uncontrolled pain, I've had 2 back surgeries and 1 knee surgery. My last back surgery was to implant a spinal cord stimulator that controls my lower back pain. Unfortunately since that surgery my pain has migrated to my upper back. So yes, I have been on many different narcotic medications over the last 7 years, but all under the supervision of my pain management team. So the story ends like this...2 weeks after my very brief appointment with Dr. Gulick I received a letter in the mail stating I had been discharged from the practice! Why? As a result of my recent controlled substance history as contained in the MI automated prescription system. Also in bold letters it states "I emphasize your medical condition requires continuing supervision". The following business day I visited the office and asked to speak with the office manager or whoever sent the letter out. The receptionist refused to let me speak to anyone as those letters are final decisions made by management and the Dr's. I said I only wanted to explain some things and she continued to refuse. I write this post because had the Dr taken the time to get to know me at the get to know first visit she would know that I do everything I can to get off as many prescriptions as I possibly can. If she truly knew my medical condition she never would have discharged me from her practice unless she is a heartless uncaring Dr. And I think people should be aware of what goes on in Dr's offices. Also, not only was the receptionist rude to me but she was to another patient on my first visit. I wish now that I would have listened to my heart when I read the other reviews about this practice on their own website and stayed far far far away. Oh well, live and learn. I hope whoever reads this takes it to heart and runs the other way. Next Generation Family Practice needs to face the consequences and I will post negatively everywhere I can find!

Most prompt show details Most prompt
by Naomi S on Feb 25th, 2015

LGBT friendly staff and Dr, courteous , understanding, easy to talk with and willing to listen.

Family "Physician" but never met show details Family "Physician" but never met
Feb 19th, 2013

Based on recommendation from insurer, made Dr. Gulick my primary physician. I called to get appointment and went. I was not seen by Dr. Gulick at all. Though I was there for a very specific and painful complaint, no one ever asked to see the area nor touched me except for getting my height -- definitely not to explore the pain, source or current condition of injury. I find that odd. I'm not a complainer, don't use any medications and rarely ever go to the doctor. I realize having some care and concern may add cost or not be the staff's forte, but thought I should mention it was lacking so others don't expect too much. They don't take people without insurance which saddens me, but is not unusual.

Dr. Gulick is amazing show details Dr. Gulick is amazing
Oct 20th, 2012

Such a great doctor..She is compassionate, caring, kind and polite and courteous with an excellent bedside manner that is missing from most doctors nowadays. I highly recommend anyone seking a family doctor to use Dr Laurie Gulick.