Preventive Medicine / Wellness

400 N Congress Ave
Ste 110
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
561-640-7505
Locations and availability (4)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  overlooked  |  show details
by JS on Apr 24th, 2014

I have never in my life been made to feel so insecure and guilty about my sickness and the medication I need to take to have a normal life than by staff doctor, Dr. LK. I have a GABA deficiency and for the past 15 years I have been prescribed lorazepam to help treat my general /social anxiety and panic attacks. I just moved to Florida from out of state. I had to wait until March 1st for my new insurance to take action before I could find a local psychiatrist. I came to visit the doctor for a 30 day lorazepam prescription in February, but she would only give me a 14 day prescription because I guess this state is full of doctor shopping junkies. So I called my doctor back home and he gave a small prescription to get me by until I could see my new doctor in late March. Cut to March and my Doctor has a family emergency and won’t be able to see me until May 12. I figured I would come back to see her and get a 14 day prescription because if I don’t take my medication, I can have a seizure. Her staff was nice… then this so called Doctor said she would only give me a 5 day prescription. I tried to explain to her the seriousness of my situation, and that I needed a 14 day prescription. She basically told me to go to another doctor because she didn’t want to be questioned by the state about writing prescription for a controlled substance. Are you kidding me? I am not asking for illicit drugs, this is medication I need. You would rather I possibly suffer a seizure than write me a prescription that will last me until my set appointment? And you want me to subject myself to further stress, and anxiety by having to find another doctor that I will have to spend more money on when I am already here, and have an appointment with a credible psychiatrist in 2 weeks? I offered his number, and had the phone number of my previous doctor. This sociopath of a Doctor didn’t care. This obviously made me upset, angry, anxious, stressed and I didn’t even want to pay for her services or take her pathetic 5 day supply of medicine. Feeling defeated, I took the prescription she begrudgingly offered only to cover herself if I did actually suffer a seizure. As I sat in the office, the crisis team (that is the only thing I can think to call them) came in and asked me if I planned on drinking or hurting myself or others. Then they started trying to give me phone numbers to call…This was so uncalled for and hurtful. This made me cry. This made me feel even more insecure, ostracized, and innately freakish. I came to this office for some help, and left feeling worse than I have in a very long time. Some doctors and their lack of compassion, common sense and common decency really give a bad name to all those in the medical profession.

|  Worst in Town  |  show details
by tabe0018 on Oct 4th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Physician incorrectly diagnosed me with serious medical condition before receiving confirmation from specialty doctor. After five agonizing days of waiting, later found out that there was nothing seriously wrong. Doctor failed to notify me of x-ray results even after they arrived the very same day of my initial appointment. I absolutely do not recommend this doctor.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com