Dr. Laurie Sorenson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 19th, 2015
The best doctor in Olympia !

September 18th, 2015
patient
Dr. Sorenson is the best GYN/surgeon in the Olympia area. She did a D&C for me, and it was almost pain-free. She surrounds herself with the best anesthesiologist and surgical team at Providence St. Peter Hospital. The staff there all told me about her surgical expertise, and patient satisfaction with her work. I had never had a surgical procedure done before, so put off dealing with the D&C that Dr. Sorenson said I needed as soon as possible. She was right--that I should have had it done earlier, but now I put my full trust in her. Dr. Sorenson was also past president of the medical staff at Providence St. Peter Hospital, and is well-regarded by her peers.

July 19th, 2013
Hands down the best!!
Dr. Sorenson is the hardest doctor to get in to but she is worth the wait if you can get in! I would advise that she stops taking new patients for a while so regular patients can schedule visits when they need to. Her nurse is wonderful.

December 28th, 2011
I could tell from the first meeting with Dr. Sorenson that she cared for me not only as a patient but as a person. She would take whatever amount of time necessary to explain what was occuring in laymans terms and answer all of the many questions I had, regardless of how much time it took. She told me what options I had so I could make informed decisions. Her care and compassion not only was exhibited in her office, but also in the hospital, not only to me, but also to my family, when she came out to explain what happened during surgery. She had great bedside manners during the hospital stay and has been great during follow up appointments. I am so glad that I was sent to Dr. Sorenson and would highly recommend her.

May 20th, 2011
So glad I found her
I recently had to have a hysterectomy because of large fibroid tumors growing and causing pain inside and out of my uterus. Since I know people in the field I asked around before deciding who to go to and Dr Sorenson's name kept coming up as the best. Once I went to my first visit I was so glad I choose her. She was very knowledgeable and really took time to help me understand. Because my Uterus was so enlarged (the size of a 4 1/2 month pregnancy, and I've never had a baby!)she explained she would have to do the vertical cut which was going to be a longer healing process. She explained to me what the other methods were and why they were not an option for my case. But said she felt in the long run I would be very glad I did it and feel much better. Then she left the decision with me to go ahead and have it or live with the problems I was having. Since I was having so much pain from the symptoms it was an easy choice to go ahead with the surgery. It ended up being even more complicated then expected because of the position of the fibriods out side my uterus and there adhesion's to my organs. I was very grateful to have such a skilled surgeon do the procedure. It went smoothly and I'm recovering well. But what impressed me most is her gracious concern for my comfort and well being post-op. She never made me feel like just a number or as though she didn't have time to answer my questions. It is a scary thing to submit yourself to the care of someone for something as big as this yet she put me at ease from the beginning. I can't recommend her highly enough! The office is well run and only in one out of 3 visits so far did I have to wait more then 5 or 10 minutes before I was called in. And once your in the room it's not long before she is with you. But once she is with you she is really with you she feels like a concerned friend when she talks with you so amazing in this day and age of hurry them though medicine. I would recommend her to my best friend and I recommend her to you! She is wonderful!

April 25th, 2011
Dr. Sorenson came highly recommend to me by several friends that have had her as both an OB and Gyno. She has never disappointed me during my two tricky pregnancies.

April 29th, 2010
Very kind and capable
Dr. Sorenson delivered my son after I had suffered three mid-term miscarriages (under the care of a different doctor). She was very attentive throughout my pregnancy and monitored me very closely, taking every precaution to make sure my mind was at ease. She is wonderful.

September 24th, 2009
very able hands!
Dr. Sorenson delivered all of my children (I have 3, one normal, two C-section). No two pregnancies are alike! She handled each with precision and knowledge. She even fought to keep me as a patient, even taking a financial loss, when my insurance company's PPO plan changed and she became out of network for me! Her nurse Sheryl is AWESOME! Great, great office!!!!

September 30th, 2008
An excellent physician
Dr. Sorenson saw me through a very difficult time with the loss of my pregnancy. I found her to be compassionate, knowledgable and kind. I am thankful she was my physician during that difficult time and recommend her highly.