Dr. Laurie Stanczak MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 1st, 2015
Horrible nursing staff!!!!!!
I was pregnant and have issues with bleeding, I called the office just to have to leave a message and wait for a nurse to call back...they said they paged the doctor and I would hear back that day. I never did ,and ended up having to go to the er the night, experiencing a miscarriage. Her partnet was on staff and said I needed to be seen within 48hrs. The next day I called to make an appointment to find out dr. Stanczak was on vacation...that's why I never got a call back...then after I explained the situation (what her partner said) her nurse was very cold, had a horrible attitude with me and told me I was being too anxious. Considering I was actively miscarrying, grieving and never expeiernced one before. I immediately found a new doctor. Her nursing staff is terrible, uncaring and unfortunately not concerned or helpful. I know miscarriages happen often but I was pretty much blown off when I called. Dr. Stanczak did a great job with my first delivery but refuse to go back because of her staff, or procedures on emergent situations.

January 19th, 2015
I make my appointments first thing in the morning; I was the first patient today, and arrived at 7:45a.m., as I was told to do and I was the only patient there. I was called into the room at promptly 8, at 8:15, I could hear the doctor with a patient in the room next to me & I could hear them talking about shopping during the Christmas season! I was annoyed and going to leave if she didn't come to my room by 8:30, but she did. I do like here, but my time is important, too, as is all of the patients.

August 27th, 2013
BEWARE!!!!
I was seeing Dr. Stanczak for bad periods and found out it was due to fibroids. I almost died after she removed them during a "routine" procedure. I also know that she has botched up a few circumcisions! My advice...keep looking for a new doctor!!!

July 9th, 2013
Searching for new doctor
Very displeased with Dr Stanczak and the office staff on Fairchild, I will be finding a new OB GYN

June 8th, 2013
Not Very Personable
I saw Dr. Stanczak during my third pregnancy, beginning at about 9 weeks. She seemed very knowledgable. She did seem very cold and clinical though. The appointments never lasted more than 10 minutes (including the Pap which made things quite uncomfortable). She just seemed very rushed like she always had somewhere else to be. It became too frustrating for me and I ended up switching doctors at 25 weeks and couldn't have been happier.

April 5th, 2013
Don't do Tuesdays
I've been seeing Dr. Stanczak for almost 15 years now. She has helped me through some tough times. From horrible periods when I was in my teens, to now becoming a new mother, she has been there explaining everything along the way and answering questions if I should have any. Over the years I have learned to schedule appointments in the morning, you get in and out much faster then if you schedule afternoons. One long visit with a patient can slow down the rest of the day. Also, try not to do Tuesday appointments, that's when she schedules her C-sections. I have had many canceled appointments made on Tuesdays because of it, learned that lesson one year and never again. Over all the staff is great, usually assigned one assistant to your name depending on the day and time. When I used to go in the afternoons, I had one gal, now that I do mornings, I have another and ALWAYS the same person - which is nice because you develop a good relationship and report. Only when I had to have blood work done do I get a different nurse, and it's never the same person.