A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Afrin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lawrence Afrin is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lawrence Afrin, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Afrin graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston.
Dr. Afrin has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Medical University Of South Carolina
- East Cooper Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Afrin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Lawrence B. Afrin practice?
Dr. Lawrence Afrin practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, and Public Health & General Preventive Medicine near Charleston, SC.
See Charleston Internists, Charleston Hematologists, Charleston Oncologists, Charleston Pathologists, and Charleston Preventive Medicine Specialists.