A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Afrin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lawrence Afrin is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Afrin
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Afrin Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lawrence Afrin, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Afrin graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Afrin has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Medical University Of South Carolina
- East Cooper Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Lawrence B Afrin MD is a male Hematologist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Lawrence B. Afrin practice?
- Dr. Lawrence Afrin has 1 office location.
Dr. Lawrence Afrin practices Hematology and Medical Oncology near Charleston, SC.
See Charleston Hematologists and Charleston Oncologists.