Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
Do you really care about your patients? show details Do you really care about your patients?
Jul 14th, 2015

I went to this doctor for many years. I got a blood clot and my care was terrible. I was released from the hospital before I was stablized on the comadin. I was on a high dose of comadin and had to go get my labs every few days. I had to call each time after the labs for the amount of comadin I had to take to keep my blood flow correct. I over heard him say to the nurse when I called, I don't know what to tell her because I haven't had a case like hers before, in a harsh manner. I asked to speak to him and told him, If you don't know how to treat me, then send me to a specialist that knows what they are doing. I went to a hemotologist for my care. That was my last dealings with Dr. Alwine. I use to wait for 1 - 1 1/2 hours to see him and then he would be in such a hurry that he would have his hand on the door knob when you are still talking to him. He may have changed now, however I thought that it was pretty rude. I had been told by a friend to leave him, however I had to experience for myself the poor care and nonchalant attitude about my care.

Jan 27th, 2015

This Dr. gave my college age son, Adderal for depression...WTH....He doesn't even know my son....

I wouldn't even give them one Star show details I wouldn't even give them one Star
Jan 15th, 2015

I never even got through the office staff to talk to Dr. Alwine. One of the women who picked up the phone was very nice and helpful. But, the next time I called, I got someone named Linda who was so rude and condescending to me, I actually had to hang up on her because she upset me to the point of tears. I'm not that sensitive of a person. She would not listen to my explanations and kept telling me that the things MY INSURANCE COMPANY told me were wrong because she'd "been doing this for years, sugar, [she knows] how this stuff works" and then berated me for not knowing what I'm doing. I'm a 20 year old college student who has their own healthcare for the first time. Maybe a little more helpful staff is needed? I'd suggest not trusting high rating reviews, they seem like they're on here just to raise Dr. Alwine's rating.

Awesome show details Awesome
by Robin May on May 28th, 2014

Dr. Alwine has been treating me family for years. He have always be accurate in the diagnosis and very caring. He is always concerned about me and my family. Calls with a follow-up when I was concerned about things. I would recommend him to anyone! Great Doctor...

Heartless show details Heartless
May 19th, 2014

The doctor is borderline ok- the nurses are very nice, but his wife and office staff are terrible. Very unprofessional and heartless.

Great Dr. show details Great Dr.
by Linda Cohen on Apr 10th, 2014

Great Doctor, takes time and listens. Follow up visits. Calls back promptly. Kind & Soft spoken.

Terrible Physician show details Terrible Physician
by Anonymous on Feb 4th, 2014

I 'had' to go to Dr. Allwine for reasons I would rather not explain here. I had to wait 1 1/2 hours to see him which is terrible. I'd heard this would be the case before my appointment due to the large number of patients he sees on a daily basis. I asked questions about certain medications I'd been on - if I could continue them. He totally ignored my questions and didn't answer them. He told me I had to stop taking a benzodiazepine I'd been on since 1995. I know with benzos one just can't stop taking it cold turkey, yet he gave me no instructions on how to wean myself off of it.l I questioned the nurse about it and she said 'Dr. Allwine knows what he is doing'. I would not recommend him at all to anyone. His bedside manner - well in my opinion he has none.

Rude show details Rude
by Al on Nov 4th, 2013

This office was rude and not friendly

Nov 21st, 2011

excellent docotor just the wait to see him is very long usually an hour or more.

This office needs some assistance show details This office needs some assistance
Jul 4th, 2010

The reason this office is so disorganized is because Dr. Alwine has his wife in the office micro managing everyone when she can hardly manage herself out of a paper bag. The staff has to ask her permission on everything. And he does exactly what she tell him as well.My recommendation: Fine a more professional practice.

A great doctor - Alwine Lawrence K Do - Downingtown Family Medicine is show details A great doctor - Alwine Lawrence K Do - Downingtown Family Medicine is
by Citysearch User on Dec 11th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

A Very Good Doctor - Very Current and He Really Cares. I wish they all were like him. His staff is efficient and friendly too.

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Alwine Lawrence K Do - BAD RECEPTIONIST show details Alwine Lawrence K Do - BAD RECEPTIONIST
by Citysearch User on Nov 13th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

The physician is good. His staff needs a fix. His receptionists are rude and incompetent. The main receptionist who greets you will deny you...

Oct 25th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Used to love this practice. Nurse Practioner is awesome. After many many years, we had to change due to very long waits - normally no less than 1 hour, at times up to 4. Doctor and Nurses great, office staff not so friendly or helpful.

May 8th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Family Medicine: Great Practice

Mar 11th, 2006 on yahoo.com

excellent doctor: dr.alwine has always given me excellent care. always answers all my questions to the best of his ability and is always gives you the best care possible.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Good dr. show details Good dr.
by Citysearch User on Sep 21st, 2005 on insiderpages.com

Good doctor, can usually see you in the same day. He is a general practicioner and sees patients for all kinds of ailments. Will ocassiona...