3.0

by Linda Cartales on Jun 8th, 2015

Dr. Bergmann is a wonderful physician. He has seen our son, Kyle, for almost 17 years and is extremely dedicated. He truly cares about each and every patient.

Great Solo Practice show details Great Solo Practice
by Rhonda B. on Mar 4th, 2015

My family moved to town last year and my kids had a number of medical problems. Dr. Bergman was always there and his staff accommodated my husband's and my own work schedule as best as he could. He has coordinated my kids care with a number of subspecialists and seems to always be courteous and available no matter how busy the office appears to be. He truly cares about my kids and I do not feel like a number as I did in the first office we tried.

Please DO NOT go to this Doctor/Office show details Please DO NOT go to this Doctor/Office
by anonymous on Dec 29th, 2014

I was a new mom looking for a good pediatrician. I keep telling myself I can't believe I stayed this long with this doctor. The reviews that I just read from other parents I couldn't of said it better myself. The receptionist is ALWAYS rude and not friendly by any means. This is a place were children are their number #1 priority. They're not even friendly to the children, nor do they speak to them. The office only takes cash or checks. We have been overcharged not once, but twice. I was always afraid to even talk to Dr. Bergman about anything because I felt that he would just scold me or give me a look like I was a horrible mom. I'm new at this, I don't know all the right answers. Kids don't come with manuals. Finally, I had to part ways, and Its the best decision that I made.

Get to know him show details Get to know him
by Kathy S on Apr 24th, 2014

I was reading the reviews for Dr Bergman and felt I needed to chime in. I first met Dr. Bergman 20 years ago when my oldest son was five. He was there for the birth of my 18 year old as well as seen my 15 year old within hours of birth. Through the years he has always been there for my kids no matter what. He has gone to the hospital when my sons were hospitalized and has always been there for my kids. I like that he is the only doctor there who knows my kids personally, and not part of a huge operation where you are just a number. Any emergency he has handled personally. I the beginning he was a little abrupt, but his personality grows on you. Get to know him. He cares about your children, and isn't that what is important in a pediatrician?

The Best Pediatrician Ever show details The Best Pediatrician Ever
by Stacey S. on Jan 25th, 2014

This is my 4th pediatrician since I moved to Florida from Chicago. I have 2 children with complicated medical problems. Dr. Bergman is the first pediatrician that I encountered here who does not rush me. He deals with all my issues at each visit and always answers my questions. He always makes my children comfortable. Ann, his nurse, is always good about bringing my children in the same day whenever they are ill. I am staying put. I only hope that Dr. B continues to take my insurance.

Receptionist? show details Receptionist?
by Anonymous on Aug 21st, 2013

Dr. B. is extremely knowledgeable and excellent with an acute care illness situation. There is no fuss, no muss with him- he gets right to business and takes care of/a hold of the issue with a high degree of integrity. However, his recpetionist on the other hand is patronzing and rude on the phone and she is the same way in person at office. She gives you the perception on the phone that she wants to get you the heck off the phone and that you are bothering her. She is not very amenable to accomodating your schedule. She needs to keep in mind that there are new parents on the line that don't know what to do so please understand us. I think Dr. B needs to be aware of what is going on up front at the desk and on the phone lines...

We love our doctor!!! show details We love our doctor!!!
by Amy G. on Jul 29th, 2013

We have been patients of Dr. Bergman for 6 wonderful years. My children adore him and his staff. They look forward to their appointments. Dr. Bergman always gives me sound advise. Earlier this month he was on vacation and still saw through his electronic health record that Dr. Fernandez (covering physician) sent us to the ER. He still called us on three separate occasions while he was out of state on a family vacation. I wish I could find a doctor like that for my husband and I. His staff always finds a way to get us in and we never wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. It is the first office that I don't feel like a number.

HORRIBLE DOCTOR!!! show details HORRIBLE DOCTOR!!!
by Courtney on Jul 25th, 2013

This doctor's office is a complete joke. My son was terrified each time he went there and the doctor would yell at him, which only made things worse. To top it off they find every which way to squeeze money out of you. If you need forms for daycare, you pay. If you need a copy of records, you pay. They staff is rude. Dr. Bergman should be ashamed of himself. Why he decided to work with children is beyond me. To top it off, he had open sores on his arm the last time I went and that's when I said I had enough. Take your kids somewhere else. This guy should be out of business.

DO NOT GO!!!!!!! show details DO NOT GO!!!!!!!
Nov 1st, 2012

DO NOT GO!!!!! Read more reviews on yelp and ratemd.com..The absolute worest experiance ever!! The staff is rude arrogant and speak down to you. Dr has no bedside manner what so EVER!!!! Walked out halfway through exam of my daughter.Over billed above and beyond normal insurance rates send you to collections for bills never received. After we switched to another Doctor billed $130. For records never receivedBergman staff you are a bunch of HAGGS!!!

NEVER EVER GO HERE show details NEVER EVER GO HERE
Oct 25th, 2012

Parents PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Read these negative reviews they are for real. This office is AWFUL. Do yourself and your kids a favor and find a new doctor to go to. Make sure to read all the reviews because my honest opinion is that the positive reviews this dr. has were probably submitted by friends or family or the office staff themselves.

Worst Doctor Ever show details Worst Doctor Ever
Oct 7th, 2012

This is the WORST doctor I have ever encountered in my life. The staff is rude. They have a nasty attitude EVERY time I call or come in. The front desk receptionist never smiles. She looks miserable and comes off that way with her attitude as well. Dr. Bergman is also rude. He is very demanding and I never got that comfortable feeling/bond with him as my daughter's doctor. If I questioned him, (I am a new parent with lots of questions), he seemed annoyed and not helpful. He also only spent very little time with us and just went through the standard questions that he had to ask. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Bergman to anyone. We have switched doctors.

rude! rude! show details rude! rude!
Sep 17th, 2012

the staff is terribly rude and so does the doctor.

Horrible Office Staff which I feel is a reflection of this doctor! show details Horrible Office Staff which I feel is a reflection of this doctor!
Jul 7th, 2012

I have to start with a positive because I only have one...and that is Dr. Bergman appears to be educated and knowledgable in his field. Beyond that, I would NEVER recommend anyone to this doctor or his office. His staff is extremely rude and I was very disappointed with their services. No one in that office smiled, the front desk lady is rude, and the office manager is no picnic. I have been to many doctors in my life and have never had a negative experience like the one I had with this office. Even my kids did not want to go back after the last visit. Both myself and my new pedatrician requested for my children's records to be sent over and they wanted to charge me a total of $70 to have them sent over. I have never encountered this and feel this is not a standard in the healthcare industry. I really hope this doctor reads these ratings and takes these comments seriously, because from what I understand, I am one of many that have left his office for the same reasons.

Parents Beware show details Parents Beware
Nov 16th, 2011

This by far is one of the worst pediatricians I have been to. The doctor seems very competent however the office staff is rude and needs a training in CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I had a sick child that needed to be seen and the only thing that seemed to matter was payment. Although I do understand that they should be compensated for their services the manner in which they went about it was disgusted and unprofessional. Our neighbor referred us to this pediatrician when we moved from Broward County but she has since changed doctors due to the poor service they received. If the doctor was realy interesed in keeping exisisting patients he should *FIRE* his office staff. With so many people looking for employment im sure he can find qualified candidates that can replace the current incompetent, disrespectful "employees" he currently has!!! We will never go back AGAIN!!!

A parent should never feel this bad.... show details A parent should never feel this bad....
Sep 29th, 2011

My co-worker recommended Dr. Bergman when I was about to give birth to my 1st born. I've been going to him going on 2 yrs now and as a first time mom I felt Dr. at time wasn't sensative enough... Bad enough you're stabalizing your hormones from birth to dealing with a sick child... Plus we were going thru a hard financial hit with my husband loosing his job... WE REALLY didn't need to feel any worse!! His staff has always been rude to me, at times i felt maybe because I was hispanic?? or because my husband spoke little english?? If i call to request a shot record I was charged $25.00 even a visit report (1page) i was charged $30.00 when all my other dr's just quickly fax or mail it to me. I have felt incompitent as a parent with him and with his RUDE, COLD, BITTER OLD LADY RECEPTIONIST whom seems to have a hemroid annoying her!! it's the worse thing to have greeting you when you go in with a sick child. The nurse Ann she's OK when she wants to be or when you tell her if everyone is having a bad day at the office, then she changes her attitude... Then again i sympathize, she does have to work with that OLD MISERABLE NEGATIVE HAG!! next to her all day. I am so switching pediatricians... he may be a good Dr. - but I WILL NOT BE BELITTLED or made feel incompitent as a parent nor as a paying PATIENT!! it's not medicaid it's REAL INSURANCE!!!!

Best Pediatrician Ever! show details Best Pediatrician Ever!
Aug 2nd, 2011

Dr. Bergman is the best pediatrician we have ever experienced. I have two children and have lived in various places in the U.S. We have seen several different pediatricians over the past 12 years. Dr. Bergman is fabulous! He takes the time to do a thorough evaluation of your child and follows up to make sure your childs medical needs are met. He is attentive, takes time to assess your child and to address your questions/concerns. I truely can not say enough about him. I am a health care provider who works with special needs children and I highly recommend him.

Feb 18th, 2011

Dr. Bergman is an excellent doctor if you can get past the horrible office staff. It is also unfortunate, but the doctor will refuse to treat one of you children unless you have them all go to him. The office is unfriendly and rude. The Dr is arrogant but good at what he does. I would not recommend him overall because there are other good doctors out there without the arrogance and rude office staff, so his expertise is just not worth it.

very good show details very good
Nov 16th, 2010

we have baby boy twins and he was excellent with them

Great Experience show details Great Experience
Nov 13th, 2010

At first I had some concerns after reading some previous reviews. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. He was kind, receptive, thorough in his examination of my grandson and in his review of medications. He spent some time with us and despite this being his weekend off, told us he would take our calls as his colegue would not be aware and so to maintain continuity would tell her to pass on the call to him. I would highly recommend Dr Bergman

Jun 22nd, 2010

I have never met such a caring doctor - he can be tough but he goes above and beyond for my son. I never waited more than 5 mintues in the waiting room - and when my son was in the hospital he came everyday and sometimes twice - I tell everyone how much I trust Dr.Bergman.

The BEST!!! show details The BEST!!!
by E.Hopkins on Oct 18th, 2009

Dr. Bergman is a wonderful doctor and he is by far the best I have come across in three states and 11 years of raising children. I agree that he may get tough on you, but it is ONLY AFTER you have not done what he told you to do, or he has asked you to follow the directions in the book that he gives you that explains EVERY single ailment that can come your way. He loves kids so much which is why he gets mad at you for doing stupid things and taking a chance with their health! If only other doctors took such an interest. He is wonderful and I referred everyone I knew in Florida to see him. I miss him very much and 4 years later have not been able to replace him, even in RTP,Raleigh NC. The supposed medical capitol of this country...

Jul 23rd, 2009

An absolutely poor excuse for a doctor. A pediatrician is 'supposed' to like kids, I would think. He is, besides his appearance as a big fat slob wearing no undershirts (I swear his boobs are bigger than mine), he is rude, sarcastic and condescending. I have been 'talked down to' by a few people in my life, but never, ever like Dr. Bergman talked down to me. Completely acts like the parents are already supposed to know the information, as if we had gone to medical school. Yes, he does spend lots of time with his patients and is extremely thorough, but it's overkill and to the point of being obnoxious. His nasty receptionist is rude, unfriendly, and stupid. Certainly she must be his mother or of some other relation as I know so many people have complained about her and she is still there. I believe those who are with him either stay there because they don't know of anyone else to go to or they just don't want to deal with the hassle of changing doctors. Please, parents, I urge you to make the change and get treated like a human being. There ARE other pediatricians in Wellington and they good, smart, nice, professional, not demeaning...and they like children!

Happy Day show details Happy Day
by Satisfied Mommy on Mar 10th, 2009

We could not be happier with Dr. Bergman and his office staff. I am not sure what office the previous two mom's were visiting, but it was not the same one that my daughter's Jenna and Jennifer have been attending. The office staff is very accomodating. My kids have very busy schedules with school and dance. They always manage to get me seen. Checkups are easy now that there are evening and Saturday appointments. Nurse Ann always makes my kids comfortable even when they need shots. Dr. Bergman always gives me as much time as I need for all my questions. What's more he speaks to my kids and makes them tell him their symptoms. I am never rushed out the door like with my previous physician in New York. We can't be happier.

by KC on Aug 20th, 2008

Office staff is very unfriendly, I was with this office for two years and suprised I lasted as long as I did putting up with the unpleasant front office staff. As for Dr. Bergman, he is O.K. and sometimes nice but definitely no bedside manner. I left the practice because I found a better doctor with a wonderful office staff. I feel that just because he is a "doctor" does not mean I have to put up with such rudeness which he can be at times as well as his office staff.

Rude office staff! show details Rude office staff!
Aug 7th, 2008

I must say that Dr. Bergman is the best doctor that you will find BUT- you will not find a more rude office staff! I have been with him 8 years, but I am now leaving. I am actually scared to call this office! They are horrible! Dr. Bergman spends a lot of time with his patients and is good at following up, but he should not be a pediatrician. He is like Dr. Jeckel and Mr Hyde! You never know who you are going to get. Plus he has not patience for children. It is really a shame because he is good at being a doctor.

I love my doctor! show details I love my doctor!
by miamigirl on Jun 11th, 2008

I love my doctor. He is the last of a dying breed, the solo practitioner. After trying three other group practices after moving north from Miami, I am here to stay at Dr. Bergman's. My son has asthma which was misdiagnosed until he saw Dr. Bergman, In prior offices I would see a different DR. or Nurse Practitioner every time my child was sick. They would just hand me precriptions and send me on my way. They would just reassure me, telling me everything will be okay. Dr. Bergman took the time to explain things to me in detail. He would tell me what I needed to hear even if it was not what I wanted to hear. He did not just patronize me. When I had problems with my medication coverage hia office staff fought for my coverage with my insurance company. They are fantastic. I don't know what these other mom's are talking about. The office is clean and inviting. If you are tired of feeling like a number, this is the place to go. I wish I can find a dctor for myself like my son's pediatrician!

A true professional show details A true professional
May 30th, 2008

Dr. Bergman truly cares about his patients nad spends lot sof time with each family. YOu truly feel special in his office and his knowledge is unsurpassed.