Pediatrician

10115 Forest Hill Blvd
Ste 303
Wellington, FL 33414
561-798-5565
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  Get to know him  |  show details
by Kathy S on Apr 24th, 2014

I was reading the reviews for Dr Bergman and felt I needed to chime in. I first met Dr. Bergman 20 years ago when my oldest son was five. He was there for the birth of my 18 year old as well as seen my 15 year old within hours of birth. Through the years he has always been there for my kids no matter what. He has gone to the hospital when my sons were hospitalized and has always been there for my kids. I like that he is the only doctor there who knows my kids personally, and not part of a huge operation where you are just a number. Any emergency he has handled personally. I the beginning he was a little abrupt, but his personality grows on you. Get to know him. He cares about your children, and isn't that what is important in a pediatrician?

|  The Best Pediatrician Ever  |  show details
by Stacey S. on Jan 25th, 2014

This is my 4th pediatrician since I moved to Florida from Chicago. I have 2 children with complicated medical problems. Dr. Bergman is the first pediatrician that I encountered here who does not rush me. He deals with all my issues at each visit and always answers my questions. He always makes my children comfortable. Ann, his nurse, is always good about bringing my children in the same day whenever they are ill. I am staying put. I only hope that Dr. B continues to take my insurance.

|  Receptionist?  |  show details
by Anonymous on Aug 21st, 2013

Dr. B. is extremely knowledgeable and excellent with an acute care illness situation. There is no fuss, no muss with him- he gets right to business and takes care of/a hold of the issue with a high degree of integrity. However, his recpetionist on the other hand is patronzing and rude on the phone and she is the same way in person at office. She gives you the perception on the phone that she wants to get you the heck off the phone and that you are bothering her. She is not very amenable to accomodating your schedule. She needs to keep in mind that there are new parents on the line that don't know what to do so please understand us. I think Dr. B needs to be aware of what is going on up front at the desk and on the phone lines...

|  We love our doctor!!!  |  show details
by Amy G. on Jul 29th, 2013

We have been patients of Dr. Bergman for 6 wonderful years. My children adore him and his staff. They look forward to their appointments. Dr. Bergman always gives me sound advise. Earlier this month he was on vacation and still saw through his electronic health record that Dr. Fernandez (covering physician) sent us to the ER. He still called us on three separate occasions while he was out of state on a family vacation. I wish I could find a doctor like that for my husband and I. His staff always finds a way to get us in and we never wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. It is the first office that I don't feel like a number.

|  HORRIBLE DOCTOR!!!  |  show details
by Courtney on Jul 25th, 2013

This doctor's office is a complete joke. My son was terrified each time he went there and the doctor would yell at him, which only made things worse. To top it off they find every which way to squeeze money out of you. If you need forms for daycare, you pay. If you need a copy of records, you pay. They staff is rude. Dr. Bergman should be ashamed of himself. Why he decided to work with children is beyond me. To top it off, he had open sores on his arm the last time I went and that's when I said I had enough. Take your kids somewhere else. This guy should be out of business.

|  Concerned Parent- scared child  |  show details
May 28th, 2013

I have been taking my children to Dr Bergman for a year and a half now and should have left his office a long time ago. His office staff is very unpleasant and you feel very unwelcome at each visit. The office is outdated as well, for they only take cash or checks since they don’t have the technology to accept credit cards. Dr Bergman is very knowledgeable, but he is extremely condescending. While in his office with my child he basically tells you to not talk. I have sat in the room with my child feeling afraid to speak at the wrong time, afraid he would scold me for talking as he is typing or asking a question at the wrong time. A Dr parent relationship should be one of openness not one based on fear. My biggest concern is how he physically treated my ten year old daughter. On numerous occasions he has used scare tactics to try to find out her symptoms, and on three occasions has physically been very rough with her. My daughter actually cried and told me should would rather go to the hospital and be admitted then to go to his office again. As parents, we are supposed to protect our children. If you take your child to this Dr you will actually be harming your child, Perhaps physically and most definitely mentally.

|  DO NOT GO!!!!!!!  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

DO NOT GO!!!!! Read more reviews on yelp and ratemd.com..The absolute worest experiance ever!! The staff is rude arrogant and speak down to you. Dr has no bedside manner what so EVER!!!! Walked out halfway through exam of my daughter.Over billed above and beyond normal insurance rates send you to collections for bills never received. After we switched to another Doctor billed $130. For records never receivedBergman staff you are a bunch of HAGGS!!!

|  NEVER EVER GO HERE  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

Parents PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Read these negative reviews they are for real. This office is AWFUL. Do yourself and your kids a favor and find a new doctor to go to. Make sure to read all the reviews because my honest opinion is that the positive reviews this dr. has were probably submitted by friends or family or the office staff themselves.

|  Worst Doctor Ever  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2012

This is the WORST doctor I have ever encountered in my life. The staff is rude. They have a nasty attitude EVERY time I call or come in. The front desk receptionist never smiles. She looks miserable and comes off that way with her attitude as well. Dr. Bergman is also rude. He is very demanding and I never got that comfortable feeling/bond with him as my daughter's doctor. If I questioned him, (I am a new parent with lots of questions), he seemed annoyed and not helpful. He also only spent very little time with us and just went through the standard questions that he had to ask. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Bergman to anyone. We have switched doctors.

|  rude! rude!  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

the staff is terribly rude and so does the doctor.

|  problems getting records  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

I am in agreement with all of those who say that he is competent, however he has an extreme God complex and his staff is terrible. .not worth it. I am in the process of complaining to the appropriate agencies in regard to the offices refusal to give me copies of my childs records/charging exorbitant fees. Would love to include anyone else willing. I can be contacted at jennagirl115 at Yahoo dot com. Thanks

|  Horrible Office Staff which I feel is a reflection of this doctor!  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2012

I have to start with a positive because I only have one...and that is Dr. Bergman appears to be educated and knowledgable in his field. Beyond that, I would NEVER recommend anyone to this doctor or his office. His staff is extremely rude and I was very disappointed with their services. No one in that office smiled, the front desk lady is rude, and the office manager is no picnic. I have been to many doctors in my life and have never had a negative experience like the one I had with this office. Even my kids did not want to go back after the last visit. Both myself and my new pedatrician requested for my children's records to be sent over and they wanted to charge me a total of $70 to have them sent over. I have never encountered this and feel this is not a standard in the healthcare industry. I really hope this doctor reads these ratings and takes these comments seriously, because from what I understand, I am one of many that have left his office for the same reasons.

|  My first call to a doctors as a mother-to- be  |  show details
May 31st, 2012

I'm a mother-to-be and I looking for a doctor for my first baby. I called today 5/31/2012 at 11:00am to get information about the Pediatrician if I could make an appt. to meet him to get to know him as a profecional and his staff was very rude to me "supostly it was manager" because I asked her. It's very sad that the first person I had to speak with had an atittude somehow. I had to asked her why she was yelling at me, and she answer me because you asking questions, I couldn't belive she said that the main reason people called to an office is to ask question just because they don't know the answer and they don't the Dr. I thought it was going to be an amazing conversation since in the internet rate is great. I had to told her just because of the way spoke to me and the way you treated me over the phone I change my mind to go to that office, it was not pleasent. And before the manager hang up she said your welcome!!! This was unbelievable!!

|  Parents Beware  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

This by far is one of the worst pediatricians I have been to. The doctor seems very competent however the office staff is rude and needs a training in CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I had a sick child that needed to be seen and the only thing that seemed to matter was payment. Although I do understand that they should be compensated for their services the manner in which they went about it was disgusted and unprofessional. Our neighbor referred us to this pediatrician when we moved from Broward County but she has since changed doctors due to the poor service they received. If the doctor was realy interesed in keeping exisisting patients he should *FIRE* his office staff. With so many people looking for employment im sure he can find qualified candidates that can replace the current incompetent, disrespectful "employees" he currently has!!! We will never go back AGAIN!!!

|  A parent should never feel this bad....  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2011

My co-worker recommended Dr. Bergman when I was about to give birth to my 1st born. I've been going to him going on 2 yrs now and as a first time mom I felt Dr. at time wasn't sensative enough... Bad enough you're stabalizing your hormones from birth to dealing with a sick child... Plus we were going thru a hard financial hit with my husband loosing his job... WE REALLY didn't need to feel any worse!! His staff has always been rude to me, at times i felt maybe because I was hispanic?? or because my husband spoke little english?? If i call to request a shot record I was charged $25.00 even a visit report (1page) i was charged $30.00 when all my other dr's just quickly fax or mail it to me. I have felt incompitent as a parent with him and with his RUDE, COLD, BITTER OLD LADY RECEPTIONIST whom seems to have a hemroid annoying her!! it's the worse thing to have greeting you when you go in with a sick child. The nurse Ann she's OK when she wants to be or when you tell her if everyone is having a bad day at the office, then she changes her attitude... Then again i sympathize, she does have to work with that OLD MISERABLE NEGATIVE HAG!! next to her all day. I am so switching pediatricians... he may be a good Dr. - but I WILL NOT BE BELITTLED or made feel incompitent as a parent nor as a paying PATIENT!! it's not medicaid it's REAL INSURANCE!!!!

|  Best Pediatrician Ever!  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2011

Dr. Bergman is the best pediatrician we have ever experienced. I have two children and have lived in various places in the U.S. We have seen several different pediatricians over the past 12 years. Dr. Bergman is fabulous! He takes the time to do a thorough evaluation of your child and follows up to make sure your childs medical needs are met. He is attentive, takes time to assess your child and to address your questions/concerns. I truely can not say enough about him. I am a health care provider who works with special needs children and I highly recommend him.

Feb 18th, 2011

Dr. Bergman is an excellent doctor if you can get past the horrible office staff. It is also unfortunate, but the doctor will refuse to treat one of you children unless you have them all go to him. The office is unfriendly and rude. The Dr is arrogant but good at what he does. I would not recommend him overall because there are other good doctors out there without the arrogance and rude office staff, so his expertise is just not worth it.

|  very good  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2010

we have baby boy twins and he was excellent with them

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2010

At first I had some concerns after reading some previous reviews. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. He was kind, receptive, thorough in his examination of my grandson and in his review of medications. He spent some time with us and despite this being his weekend off, told us he would take our calls as his colegue would not be aware and so to maintain continuity would tell her to pass on the call to him. I would highly recommend Dr Bergman

Jun 22nd, 2010

I have never met such a caring doctor - he can be tough but he goes above and beyond for my son. I never waited more than 5 mintues in the waiting room - and when my son was in the hospital he came everyday and sometimes twice - I tell everyone how much I trust Dr.Bergman.

|  Medically Sound, Bad Attitude  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2010

To start, I am a medical professional. I meet all types of people every day and find a way to be kind even to those that are difficult to deal with. Dr. Bergman has great knowledge when it comes to pediatric medicine but his attitude is usually poor. Often he is condescending, sarcastic and even down right rude. He will make a point of correcting you if you mispeak or do not use 100% correct pediatric terminology. He is easily annoyed and if your infant or young child is crying or scared he does not display kindness or reassurance. It is a shame that he has such poor people skills for he could be one of the greatest doctors (and probably have a much more lucrative practice). His staff of two can be nice at times but sometimes their attitudes are bad as well. I theorize that his rotten disposition rubs off on them. The positives of this practice are: Usually there are very short wait times (I can take two kids to the pediatrician and be home within 1 hour); He has seperate waiting rooms for sick kids and well kids; they have Saturday and some extended hours; they always seem to get you in if your child is sick and he is always available by phone (although with his attitude you may be afraid to call him). He recently has lost a lot of weight and looks healthier. My hope is that his disposition improves now that his physical appearance has. If he could improve his client communication skills and bedside manner he could be one of the greatest. One other minor issue: his office does not take credit cards. For those of us that normally do not use checks this can be a pain.

|  The BEST!!!  |  show details
by E.Hopkins on Oct 18th, 2009

Dr. Bergman is a wonderful doctor and he is by far the best I have come across in three states and 11 years of raising children. I agree that he may get tough on you, but it is ONLY AFTER you have not done what he told you to do, or he has asked you to follow the directions in the book that he gives you that explains EVERY single ailment that can come your way. He loves kids so much which is why he gets mad at you for doing stupid things and taking a chance with their health! If only other doctors took such an interest. He is wonderful and I referred everyone I knew in Florida to see him. I miss him very much and 4 years later have not been able to replace him, even in RTP,Raleigh NC. The supposed medical capitol of this country...

Jul 23rd, 2009

An absolutely poor excuse for a doctor. A pediatrician is 'supposed' to like kids, I would think. He is, besides his appearance as a big fat slob wearing no undershirts (I swear his boobs are bigger than mine), he is rude, sarcastic and condescending. I have been 'talked down to' by a few people in my life, but never, ever like Dr. Bergman talked down to me. Completely acts like the parents are already supposed to know the information, as if we had gone to medical school. Yes, he does spend lots of time with his patients and is extremely thorough, but it's overkill and to the point of being obnoxious. His nasty receptionist is rude, unfriendly, and stupid. Certainly she must be his mother or of some other relation as I know so many people have complained about her and she is still there. I believe those who are with him either stay there because they don't know of anyone else to go to or they just don't want to deal with the hassle of changing doctors. Please, parents, I urge you to make the change and get treated like a human being. There ARE other pediatricians in Wellington and they good, smart, nice, professional, not demeaning...and they like children!

|  Fabulous Doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 26th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I felt very well taken care of with Dr. Bergman as our Pediatrician. I found him to be VERY thorough, professional and caring. He made sure ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Happy Day  |  show details
by Satisfied Mommy on Mar 10th, 2009

We could not be happier with Dr. Bergman and his office staff. I am not sure what office the previous two mom's were visiting, but it was not the same one that my daughter's Jenna and Jennifer have been attending. The office staff is very accomodating. My kids have very busy schedules with school and dance. They always manage to get me seen. Checkups are easy now that there are evening and Saturday appointments. Nurse Ann always makes my kids comfortable even when they need shots. Dr. Bergman always gives me as much time as I need for all my questions. What's more he speaks to my kids and makes them tell him their symptoms. I am never rushed out the door like with my previous physician in New York. We can't be happier.

|  The worst doctor and office staff I have ever experienced and the office and building smells terrible!  |  show details
by Loving Mother on Dec 17th, 2008

Dr. Bergman has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced in any doctor anywhere. If you are currently a client of that office then you might know what I am talking about. If your considering him as a family doctor please keep in mind there are excellent nearby alternatives. I actually believe that Dr. Bergman in the two years or so our family used him is need of some kind of psychiatric counseling and has deep routed childhood, family, and interpersonal issues affecting him. Just try and question any of his opinions regarding treatment or his practices and you can experience this behavior first hand. After giving his behaviors and personality my deepest insight and consideration, I believe him to be living a double life as a suppressed closeted homosexual with small penis syndrome. As this is quite obvious when meeting and or verbally engaging him in person. However, he does claim to have a wife and two kids etc. I guess this must explain his day to day cynical disposition. I also found him to be insulting antagonistic and in some ways even sadistic in his mannerisms. As for his beastly two woman staff they couldnt be worse as they seemed to have an almost abusive mannerism when handling my children prior to Bergmans exam. I really think they actually derive some kind of twisted satisfaction from subliminally abusing young children. Just watch them closely when they take one of those unnecessary rectal exams and rectal temp of your kid when oral temp is 100% accurate and practiced world wide (try asking him for yourself why he does this if you have the nerve). If you do not believe that my post is 100% for real just go see for yourself. To make matters worse the entire building and office smells like molded body odor which has strangely enough been that way for the entire few years I have used his office. I could not be happier since I found another doctor nearby for my family.

by KC on Aug 20th, 2008

Office staff is very unfriendly, I was with this office for two years and suprised I lasted as long as I did putting up with the unpleasant front office staff. As for Dr. Bergman, he is O.K. and sometimes nice but definitely no bedside manner. I left the practice because I found a better doctor with a wonderful office staff. I feel that just because he is a "doctor" does not mean I have to put up with such rudeness which he can be at times as well as his office staff.

|  Rude office staff!  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2008

I must say that Dr. Bergman is the best doctor that you will find BUT- you will not find a more rude office staff! I have been with him 8 years, but I am now leaving. I am actually scared to call this office! They are horrible! Dr. Bergman spends a lot of time with his patients and is good at following up, but he should not be a pediatrician. He is like Dr. Jeckel and Mr Hyde! You never know who you are going to get. Plus he has not patience for children. It is really a shame because he is good at being a doctor.

|  I love my doctor!  |  show details
by miamigirl on Jun 11th, 2008

I love my doctor. He is the last of a dying breed, the solo practitioner. After trying three other group practices after moving north from Miami, I am here to stay at Dr. Bergman's. My son has asthma which was misdiagnosed until he saw Dr. Bergman, In prior offices I would see a different DR. or Nurse Practitioner every time my child was sick. They would just hand me precriptions and send me on my way. They would just reassure me, telling me everything will be okay. Dr. Bergman took the time to explain things to me in detail. He would tell me what I needed to hear even if it was not what I wanted to hear. He did not just patronize me. When I had problems with my medication coverage hia office staff fought for my coverage with my insurance company. They are fantastic. I don't know what these other mom's are talking about. The office is clean and inviting. If you are tired of feeling like a number, this is the place to go. I wish I can find a dctor for myself like my son's pediatrician!

|  A true professional  |  show details
May 30th, 2008

Dr. Bergman truly cares about his patients nad spends lot sof time with each family. YOu truly feel special in his office and his knowledge is unsurpassed.