Dr. Lawrence Bircoll Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Bircoll?

Glad I Was Sent To Him

Posted on October 18th, 2017

I was sent to Dr. Bircoll after getting injured at work. The long drive was a hassle and I worried about the fact that I couldn't choose my own doctor under the circumstances. So I felt wary & grumpy about seeing this guy. As it turned out, I liked Dr. Bircoll right away. He's always in a hurry (aren't they all?), but I experienced him as personable and funny. He walked into the office and abruptly announced to me and my husband that things were, in his words, "smashed," and that surgery was my only option. He's a surgeon but, in my case, it was clear he considered surgery to be a last resort. He was openly unhappy with how my injury was initially treated at a clinic (the night of the injury). They sort of tossed my smashed body part into a flimsy sling and sent me home. Each time I saw him, Dr. Bircoll still had not gotten over it (lol).... Surgery took 2 hours. The staff was wonderful. It took me a while to heal and sometimes I really worried that I'd never get close to normal again, but heal I did. It just took the help of a good surgeon, time and patience. It's been well over 2 years now. Honestly, I can't tell I ever had a smashed body part. I haven't experienced any residual issues, thank goodness! The only reminder of this accident is a light scar. Truly, the injury could have affected my career in a terrible way but fate brought me to this doctor. I feel great & grateful. I would go back to him again in a heartbeat, but I hope I never have to. :)

foot and ankle

Posted on October 9th, 2015

The worst doctor I /we (my husband went with me) have even seen. He came to the patient room and asked my feet status for not one minute and left by saying that I needed a X-ray. We asked the doctor if he could take X-ray of my ankle because I feel pain. He yelled at us that it would have many pictures to read. After I took X-ray, he came to us and told me that my feet are very healthy. I asked him why I feel pain daily. He asked me how old I am. I told him I am between 55 and 56. He said this is the answer for my pain because I am old. He said he could do nothing to my feet because I am old and the pain is normal. My husband felt that it was just a ridiculous diagnosis, he tried to tell him that he is 63 and he worked on feet whole day and he didn't have the pain as I do. The doctor, Dr. Bircoll, right away told my husband be quiet. Here is our question to Dr. Bircoll: If a person is over 55, the person must live with the pain feet because you are too old.

Retired Pension Consultant

Posted on March 18th, 2014

I just had rotator cuff surgery for my very severe shoulder problem. Dr. Lawrence Bircoll (who has been my doctor for over 10 years) did an outstanding job on this surgery.. The surgery was on 11/14/13 and I was just released from him as well as physical therapy. He did an excellent job. He and his staff are wonderful, and I highly recommend them.

Educator

Posted on January 22nd, 2014

Dr. Bircoll performed 2 hip replacements for me. I think he is an excellent surgeon, great bedside manner, no nonsense and to the point. He is my go-to guy when it comes to orthopedic issues - if the problem is not his area of expertise, he will recommend which colleague I should see. I will continue to use him and will continue to recommend him to friends, relatives, and colleagues.

Don't Go There!

Posted on August 18th, 2013

Had Surgery,Took out stitches,gave next appointment for follow up.The problem was he told my job tht i could go back to work without me being seen at tht next appointment.{go figure]I was still in pain and had numbness & tingling in surgery area.I was droped from insurance because of tht comment to insurance company.I have no money comming in so therefore i have to go back to work.I just pray tht i will be able to do my job function without making my healing just tht much harder.One of the staff is very Arrogant also and her name is Genie,its inpossible to hide what you are,so others will also agree with me iam sure.I dont push a pin,I do very hard work with my hands.Do yourself a favor and find youself a surgen who will care for your well being and staff alike.

Doctor's Response

It is unfortunate that you did not call my office and communicate that there was a problem with work. Doctor/patient communication is very important. We can not help with issues of which we are unaware. Please send your email address or phone number to our office so we can follow up with you.

Happy

Posted on July 9th, 2013

I was seen by Dr. Bircoll three or four times for knee and shoulder problems. He did not start off discussing surgery, but did go with the conservative route of medication and phyisical therapy. When he did discuss surgery, he was very assuring that it would not be a big deal. He is an active guy and moves pretty quick, but I did feel that he took the time to understand my life and my struggles.

Meh

Posted on March 9th, 2013

Decent enough fellow. The problem starts when you fill every exam room and clear them in 15 minutes. Mass produced medicine leaves allot of questions unanswered and allot of miscommunication for both parties. A two minute exam and medical decisions based on that two minutes is just not good medicine IMO. Maybe more a symptom of the times, than a judgement on the competency of this MD.

Knee Injury

Posted on February 15th, 2013

I saw this doctor for a second opinion. I have had 2 knee procedures prior to this visit. I brought him ultrasound and mri cds which he claims to not have the ability to upload and view. He did not listen to my complaints and stated my problem is arthritis. One of the past procedures I have was a allograft (cadaver ligament) placed. In his report he claims because of my scar placement that there was no way I could have had the procedure. Although I told him the scar has moved laterally because of scar tissue. In addition this poor excuse of a dr examed my knee and when I told him what he was doing was causing me discomfort he had the gall to at me and laugh and go on to say I would imagine so. Who does this to a patient. If your thinking about visiting this man I would run as fast as you can and find another physician that not only has the intelligence to diagnosis and treat you but actually cares for their patients.

Doctor's Response

We apologize for not meeting your expectations and appreciate your feedback. Would you please send your email address or phone number so we can follow up with you.

Completely missed not 1, but 2 meniscus tears.

Posted on November 21st, 2011

I suspected my meniscus might have been torn. I was sent for a MRI. The MRI report did not show the tear, and Dr. Bircoll dismissed the possibility also. I'm so glad I listened to my body and went to another surgeon. New surgeon found not ONE but TWO tears in my meniscus and has since repaired them. AVOID!! AVOID!! AVOID!!

Sorry excuse for a doctor

Posted on October 24th, 2011

I have visited other Resurgens doctors who did a fantastic job. When I experienced chronic pain, I visited Bircoll who spent about 5 minutes with me, only to tell me that my shoes were the problem. I re-visited him again to discuss the continuing pain and he again dismissed me. I have since been diagnosed with RA and plan to file a formal complain with Resurgens on this "doctor". I do NOT recommend him for any type of patient and, after reading these reviews, hope that he is sanctioned in some way.

all but incompetent

Posted on May 12th, 2011

I inherited Bircoll from a fine doctor who closed his practice.I was injured in a serious auto accident and he said he did not want to get involved,mis- diagnosed a torn bicep for bursitis and dismissed me out of hand.Returned to see a replacement doctor who correctly diagnosed me,also with resurgens and he all but called Bircoll an incompetent.He should lose his license in my opinion and resurgens does it self no service by associating with him.

sobeitnot

Posted on April 26th, 2011

argumentative regarding pain felt of patient. No, you need to toughen up. Torn ACL is not that painful.Really!