Dr. Lawrence Buckland MD Patient Reviews

3.9

January 10th, 2017
friendly, caring, helpful but unprepared for my visit

January 6th, 2016
A great doc
Compassionate, intelligent, kind. Highly recommend.

August 13th, 2013
Lousy Doc
I went to my Dr Buckland with the onset of my disease conditions about 4 years ago. Not only was he dismissive, he completely missed my diagnosis. He did not listen to me as I explained my symptoms, which were classic hyperparathyroidism and could have been spotted in the blood tests over the two year period I visited him. He offered to treat me for depression which was certainly not the cause of my issues but a mere symptom. I did not follow his advice, did my own research and ended up going to the right specialist, who determined that I had hyperparathyroidism and required surgery. The specialist was surprised that Dr Buckland did not spot it. Last year, I went for my annual physical with Dr Buckland, who just glanced over the doctor reports. He told me to "fill out the lab test form on my own" as he "knew nothing about what I needed." In a recent appointment, Dr Buckland was extremely rude and refused to order tests to help monitor my condition. He actually asked me if I "had a diagnosis for hypoparathyroidism," and "if I had surgery to remove the adenoma." I suppose he didn't even bother to read the report from the specialist nor was he noticing at my throat scar. He told me that I should have gone to one of his "friends" instead of the specialist I chose. He refused to order routine blood work to check hormone levels for me citing that he is "not treating nor knows anything about the disorder I suffer from" so why should [he] help out. This was blood tests, not medication or treatment- just monitoring to determine changes from baseline, and tests that in looking at my records, had been previously ordered even by him. He made me come in to see him just to argue with me of the fact that he refused to help me get the testing I needed to determine my condition and then charged me for his time. Considering he was my primary care doctor and all of my medical history records reside with him, I expected him to want to help. Not the case. I never felt like I had his full attention. I always felt like I had to do my own diagnosis.

September 24th, 2012
Dr. Buckland is a reliable doctor
Dr. Buckland is a reliable doctor to work with. He has lots of patient and easy to work with. He understands the patient.

March 25th, 2012
A Very Gentle and Professional Doctor
I have been with Paoli family for 6 years and have one child while with them. I had appointment with Dr. Buckland for quite few times. And I like him a lot. He is very professional, following the procedure but he never hesitated to give his high quality of personal attention out when he sees the problem or concerns. He gives necessary time to listen to define the problem, he orders necessary lab works to help diagnose and give his high quality suggestion. He is very easy to work with and pleasant.Have an appointment with Dr. Buckland is always delightful even sometime my body is in mess. I know he will do his best to take care of me. I can feel that he really care his patient and want to give them the best experience by providing his service. I don't always get appointment with Dr. Buckland, but sometimes I rather wait. This is the trust that he build up with me during the years.

October 29th, 2010
cut and dry, not courteous
I have been a patient of Paoli Family Medicine for 10 years now. I have always visited my GP and on occasion have had to visit with other doctors. In the 3 occasions I have met with him, I found him to be dismissive and rude. On one instance, he was the on call doctor while I was away on vacation and needed a doctor to call in a prescription of my emergency medication because I ran out of it. Not only did he refuse to even speak with me (the words of the nurse who called me back), I heard him in the background barking orders to the nurse to tell me to just go to the ER. A trip to the ER would NOT have been necessary had the doctor given me a refill on an already prescribed medication. Instead of going to the ER and incurring a massive charge, I called my specialist with whom I had not seen in over 6 months. He happily interrupted his golf game and called in a prescription for my emergency medication and saved me a trip to the ER and my insurance company an unecessary bill. It's easy to get an appointment with Dr. Buckland because he isnt really in demand.