Otolaryngological Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon, Surgeon

Worst I've ever experienced show details Worst I've ever experienced
by CS on Apr 28th, 2016

As others have said, he refuses to listen to anything you say. I began the appointment by telling him my issues and he chose to cut me off time and time again, assuming he knew what the problem was. During the nasal endoscopy, he didn't even look at the area I was concerned about. If you're looking for a compassionate doctor who listens and takes time to explain, then you better keep looking. I left the office knowing nothing more than I knew when I entered and I assume that the only reason he is still in practice is because of the lack of other options in Honolulu. It took around a month of wait time to get an appointment. The staff was reasonably courteous.

Too busy to listen show details Too busy to listen
by T on Jun 20th, 2013

He is just too busy to care. I walked out feeling like I need to find another doctor who will listen to my issues. I don't like him. He made an easy buck and I'm sure that's all that matters to him.

Jan 14th, 2012

not sure how to rate this dr. I thought he was great initially, but he was not listening to me, and kept pushing more and more medications to correct my allergies. I explained over and over that I was there to speak to him about surgery ad not allergy medication, and he just would not listen. a funny man...not like the other 3 dr's I have seen...but I wish he would have listened to me.

Aug 5th, 2009

Dr. Burgess is a rare find. He is very, very patient, explains procedures... even moved viewing screen to allow me to watch procedure (scope up nose, down throat) to help ease my anxiety. Excellent follow-up. Wish he were a Family Doctor as he would be my doctor of choice.