Dr. Lawrence Champion Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Champion?

Extremely unprofessional

Posted on April 30th, 2013

I saw Dr. Champion when I was hospitalized at Durham Regional Hospital. I received a bill from him months after for the service. First of all, the bill said it was my second notice, but I never received a first. It also said that he had filed a claim to my insurance and that I should receive a check soon, but since this was apparently my second notice, I wanted to get payment out of the way so there was no trouble. I sent in my check and waited. The check wasn't cashed for months and I got not confirmation that it was received. I called at least 20 times and left a message. First of all, his answering machine was an electronic voice, so I wasn't even sure if I had the correct message. Second of all, the first 20 times I called I never received a call back with any confirmation. When he did finally call back I waited and waited for the claim check. Here it is, the end of April, and I have still not received any compensation from the insurance. I called my insurance provider today to find out that a claim was never filed and that I will either need to submit one myself or call Dr. Champion and ask him to submit it for me. Given my previous experience, I don't trust him at all to submit a claim or even return my calls, but I can't submit my own claim because there are no diagnostic codes on my statement from him. I am beyond befuddled by his unprofessionalism. At least have the decency to call your patients back!

Excellent Doctor

Posted on November 30th, 2012

He saved my wife's life.

Posted on August 13th, 2014