inactive

Lawrence A Champion MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

April 30th, 2013
Extremely unprofessional
I saw Dr. Champion when I was hospitalized at Durham Regional Hospital. I received a bill from him months after for the service. First of all, the bill said it was my second notice, but I never received a first. It also said that he had filed a claim to my insurance and that I should receive a check soon, but since this was apparently my second notice, I wanted to get payment out of the way so there was no trouble. I sent in my check and waited. The check wasn't cashed for months and I got not confirmation that it was received. I called at least 20 times and left a message. First of all, his answering machine was an electronic voice, so I wasn't even sure if I had the correct message. Second of all, the first 20 times I called I never received a call back with any confirmation. When he did finally call back I waited and waited for the claim check. Here it is, the end of April, and I have still not received any compensation from the insurance. I called my insurance provider today to find out that a claim was never filed and that I will either need to submit one myself or call Dr. Champion and ask him to submit it for me. Given my previous experience, I don't trust him at all to submit a claim or even return my calls, but I can't submit my own claim because there are no diagnostic codes on my statement from him. I am beyond befuddled by his unprofessionalism. At least have the decency to call your patients back!

November 29th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
He saved my wife's life.