A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lawrence Charnas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lawrence Charnas is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lawrence Charnas, MD is board certified in Clinical Genetics (M.D.), Neurology, and Clinical Biochemical and Molecular Genetics.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Genetic Disorders (Inborn Genetic Diseases)
- Oculocerebrorenal Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Charnas graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Charnas has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview - University Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Charnas accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 2 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 17 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Lawrence R. Charnas practice?
Dr. Lawrence Charnas practices Neurology, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, Clinical Genetics, M.D., Clinical Biochemical and Molecular Genetics, and Hematology & Oncology near Baltimore, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Minneapolis, MN.
See Baltimore Neurologists, Baltimore Geneticists, and Baltimore Oncologists.