inactive

Lawrence H Diller MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 25th, 2013
Excellent hild Psychiatrist
Dr. Diller has 30 something years of experience. This comes in handy when he is working with kids who often don't want to cooperate. He is able to quickly draw out the behaviors in my children that I need help with. He helps the kids, but then too, he helps my husband and I to parent out children. Dr. Diller has been a true gift to our family and I truly believe we are a happier family because we have had his guidance and support.

September 25th, 2013
When my son was four, his pediatrician referred us to Dr. Diller. My son was showing signs of ADAH, and our goal was to gain tools to help him deal with this throughout his life. After taking Dr. Diller's advice, and making some adjustments at home, our house became a much more relaxed environment. Rather than feeling Dr. Diller was "blaming" my husband and I for the stress in the house, we knew that we needed to adjust some of our comfortable routines in order for our son to be successful. Our son is now in sixth grade, and we have checked in with Dr. Diller ever year over our guy's school career. As he has grown and changed, so has our approach. Dr. Diller has been an important part of our son's success and happiness. When I hear people refer to any doctor of "blaming," I feel that parent is defensive, and not fully understanding the role of the entire family unit when helping a child who is struggling. It's not about blame, it's about success for the child. Thanks to Dr. Diller for helping us make necessary adjustments, for advising us on how to work with educators, and for communicating with with our son's teachers over the years, when necessary.

September 18th, 2013
Dissatisfied
He is arrogant , cold, misdiagnosed, too full of himself and the books he write, has little understanding of how to really treat, try's to maximize the number of visits, spends treatment time discussing and collecting payment, is more concerned about money more than anything else.

September 5th, 2013
We have been seeing Dr. Diller since my son was in Kindergarten. He was recommended by my son's pediatrician. I wanted a doctor who would not automatically put my son on medication. Dr. Diller gave us some parenting tips and feedback. We saw improvement in our son and he was doing better at home and at school. Although we did eventually put our son on medication, Dr. Diller continues to be supportive, offering tips and feedback. My son is doing very well at school and at home. He has entered 4th grade and loves school.

August 27th, 2013
He is the only doctor I know that will come to school and defend your child. My son feels like he is family and is very comfortable with him.

August 27th, 2013
Dr Diller is awesome
We have been with Dr Diller for almost 4 years and his care has changed our life for the better. His advice and help has been monumental in helping our boys manage their ADHD. He is willing to work with you without medication first and then willing to give meds if really needed, while continuing to help with behavior modification. He talks to my boys teachers and principals and makes sure they get the proper attention needed at school to help them focus. Highly recommend him, he is the best in the area.

August 23rd, 2013
12 Years of thoughtul guidance
My family was fortunate to have Dr. Diller recommended to us for our sons emerging attention needs 12 years ago. Little did I know at that time that both my husband and I would be diagnosed with cancer and my sons would lose their dad years later. Dr. Diller has helped my boys and myself to pick up, and carry on in the face of a family crisis. His deliberate, thoughtful care has brought our sons through the very sensitive young years, the turbulent, risktaking teens to the present. Thanks to his efforts our family moves forward with both boys emerging as young men doing well in college and career. Have no idea where we would be without him.

August 21st, 2013
We have been very happy with Dr. Diller
We started seeing dr diller after my son started kindergarten. Since then, we have made a lot of progress. I really liked the fact that the first strategy was to look at our parenting and work on consistency before any thought of adding prescription medications to the mix. My son is now getting ready to start 3rd grade, and is very excited when we visit dr. diller (the "fun" dr - to quote my son).

July 17th, 2013
Our family has been working with Dr. Diller for several years and we have been extremely grateful to him for the time and attention he has given our family. His level of expertise is one of his greatest assets. There is a forthrightness about him that is refreshing and he has provided us with many tools and options for managing both daily and crisis situations. Overall, an extremely positive experience.

July 12th, 2013
Dr Diller is a life saver.
Dr Diller has been seeing both of our children for the last 4 years. He has helped our family turn around from chaos and despair to somewhat of peace and harmony. He gave great behavioral advice and taught us how to parent very difficult ADHD boys. He has vast knowledge of children, behavioral issues and medication. He does not jump to prescribing meds until behavior modification is tried. He is a trusted member of our support team. He is responsive and returns calls quickly. He has worked with my boys schools to get them accommodations that help them to better succeed. He has also acted in the role of a couple counselor b/c dealing with these difficult children were driving my husband and I apart. Today, I can finally say my house is no longer a bad episode of super nanny, b/c of what we learned from him.

October 18th, 2012
We first took our son to see Dr. Diller when he was 4 1/2 years old. We went to Dr. Diller looking for tools to help our child with his focus issues and impulsiveness as he was developing. Rather than feeling offended, or that he was judging our parenting skills, we knew we would need to be open to suggestions when working with such a complex child. Shortly after implementing Dr. Diller's suggestions, we saw a dramatic shift in our child's ability to focus, as well as his general demeanor. Our son is now 10 and in fifth grade. Each year we have checked in with Dr. Diller, and he has helped us work with his teachers to help our son be successful. I don't believe Dr. Diller places blame on parenting or on the schools, as one reviewer mentioned. Rather, he understands the role that we all have in helping our children succeed. In the past, we've had educators suggest we look into pharmaceutical intervention. But with the tools we've learned from Dr. Diller, we've yet to take that route. As our child continues to develop and change, we will turn to Dr. Diller for advice. Over the years we have recommended Dr. Diller to other parents, and we will continue to do so. I appreciate his "bedside manner" as has always asked plenty of questions and has been frank and direct with his responses. Dr. Diller has had a positive impact on our family.

April 17th, 2012
Go elsewhere
Blamed parents and school for child's problems. Terribly arrogant manner and dismissive of child's struggles. My child was later diagnosed with multiple learning disabilities and adhd from a highly regarded neuropsychologist--after Dr. Diller had said there was nothing wrong with him besides our parenting and his teachers not being "strict enough". Wish I had known not to waste our time and money. Extremely unprofessional.