Dr. Lawrence Dorr, MD
637 Lucas Ave
Gound Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(877) 492-4463
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Highly recommend  |  show details
by John Schuler on Aug 31st, 2013

Dr. Dorr replaced one of my hips 9/1/10. What I was probably most pleased with was the fact that I was out of the hospital the next day. I started my walking program about 2 hours after arriving home using crutches and quickly progressed to where I could leave my cane at home. The post-op went just as promised.

|  BEST HIP SURGEON ON THE PLANET !!  |  show details
by M on Jan 17th, 2013

The Dorr is the best hip surgeon on the planet, he did my total hip replacement (thr ) in 2000 and it went smooth as silk, I had gotten several other opinions and when I met Dr. Dorr I knew I was in great hands when he told me how many (thr) he had done. He also been involved with design process of the artifical hip. He has a great sense of humour which is a plus! and is simply the " The Top Dog" of Hip Replacements. Patients I have run into come from all over the world to have Dr. Dorr to do their surgery. I forget I had my hip done, althought it has been quite sometime ago. Superb right hand is his nurse name Jerri who is still with him. What makes him a cut from all the rest is he does not look at if your a who's who like a lot of top surgeons do. Although he has done from your average person to well known figures, and all are treated with respect. I feel like I'm going to see my favorite Uncle, yet he has performed his magic on thousands and most importantly from many backgrounds. He is also a fantastic humanitarian and does great work with the less fortunate...I get excited whenever I get the opportunity to brag on such a lengendary physician. Simply a fine surgeon and better than the rest!

|  Best of the Best  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2012

Ihave had both hips replaced by Dr. DorrThe first one in 1987 and the other in 2003. The one in 2003 was the first patient to leave the hospital in 24 hours. Total replacement was a miricle.Dr. Dorr is the best.thanks again,Al Widel

|  Dr. Dorr is the best  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

When I was 35 I needed a total hip replacement because of a slipped capital femoral epiphysis. Dr. Dorr was willing to help me. He also did a revision nine years later, and I have had great results. My prosthesis is now 17 years old, and I am a happy camper. My other hip was given a total replacement in 2003, and it is doing great. I do not mind the wait to have such an incredible doctor.

|  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

lawrence dorr replaced my hip and it dislocated 8 months and 10 months later, on 2 occations.

|  I highly recommend Dr. Dorr for THR!  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2011

At the age of 43 I discovered I had advanced arthritis in both of my hips. I was in terrible pain and needed total hip replacement surgery for both hips. We did our due diligence and consulted with several orthopedic surgeons. I ended up using Dr. Dorr for each surgery and boy am I glad I did. Dr. Dorr is a fabulous surgeon and his staff is incredible! I would not hesitate recommending Dr. Dorr to anyone!It's been 13 months since I had my left hip replaced, and eight months since the right was replaced...I feel like a new man. No longer do I have any pain...including the lower back pain I used to experience. I am back to exercising six days a week and there are no side effects from the surgery!

|  Dr Dorr is awesome  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

Dr Dorr was a Profesor of orthopedic surgery @ University Hospital in Los Angeles, also was part of Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic. This Doctor is a great Humanitarian he performed hip replacent surgery on my father before he was elegible for insurance (medical, medicare) this happend about 12 years ago, that hip is just as good as when he had it replaced! My Father would follow Dr Dorr where ever he would go for his follow ups! His staff is of the out most professional & warm hearted specially Jeri Ward, R.N. You owe it to you self to go visit Dr Dorr if you have knee or hip joint problems.

|  Dr. Dorr is tops  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

I would recommend Dr. Dorr without hesitation. He is indeed an expert in his field. He diagnosed my need for a right hip replacement; he followed up our appointment with a letter outlining exactly what he would do; he described the healing process. Everything he said was right on. I healed quickly and got my life back. No more pain in the groin. I can walk several miles a day.Walked without a cane within 3 weeks.Kudos to Dr. Dorr