Dr. Lawrence Foote MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 13th, 2016
I had a new patient appointment with this RUDE doctor , on May 10th . When I scheduled the appointment I also faxed over my childhood medical records , and any patient records the doctor needed to review my case ahead of time . Once I got there after signed in and paying copay I had to wait 2 hours to see this Rude doctor . Once in the room the doctor came in 30 to 45 mins later with a attitude , no bed side manner at all , nor pt. care experience hes just clearly a doc for the money. No passion or compassion . He did even want to give me treatment to lower my bilirubin levels . Keep calling his office and NEVER got a call back . He clearly doesn't care about helping me . Maybe because I am not in his social class or financial class , but he is only a doctor for the money he has no passion in what he does , He motivates me to pursue my God given passion to help others not matter what background they are from . If you do not have passion then what you doing being a doctor ?

April 11th, 2016
Terrible Doctor
Dr. Foote is extremely rude and inconsiderate to his patients and patients family members. His lack of empathy is appalling. I have heard many complaints about this doctor, and decided to find out for myself and they were exactly right. Do not go to this doctor!!

October 22nd, 2015
Most WONDERFUL Doctor in Houston
Dr. Foote is AMAZING, facing Cancer was the most traumatic experiences in my life, but the knowledge, bes-side-manners and wonderful care of Dr. Foote made my journey easier.

May 5th, 2015
Go somewhere else
Though I found the medical advice to be very high quality, there a probably equally qualified service providers in the houston area who won't make you wait an hour and a half after your appointment time.

September 13th, 2013
Find another doctor
Dr. Foote's staff is discourteous, rude and does not seem to be able to handle the patient load. They do not return phone calls even though their patients are battling cancer. If you have to receive chemotherapy at a hospital, find another doctor to work with. His staff has claimed that orders were written for chemotherapy but when patients show up at the hospital at the time given by his staff, there are no orders ready. And when the hospital admitting department phoned him and stated that orders were missing, he refused to write any orders at that moment and said that he "couldn't get around to it for three hours." When the admitting personnel asked him what the patient was supposed to do, he said that the patient could "sit in the parking lot". Worse still, he wrote the orders three hours after he had promised by phone. So, basically, he made the patient wait six hours. . . and the patient is over 80 years old. I happened to see him in the "patient information center/library" chatting with his resident before he attended to his patient, and it took him MORE THAN AN HOUR afterwards before he saw his patient. And I checked all of name plaques outside all of the doors on the cancer floor and he was not the doctor listed for any of them (and neither were any other doctors from his oncology team). In Houston, there are other doctors who can provide courteous, professional service. Find them.

February 28th, 2013
An exceptional doctor
He is very knowledgable and a great teacher. He spends time to teach me about my disease, diagnostic tests , and treatment options. He is the best diagnostician I have ever consulted. He has an excellent "bedside" manner. He considers "quality of life" aspects carefully and is consertive in selecting treatments. He is quick to respond to my calls when I have problems.

October 24th, 2011
Excellent hematologist/ oncologist!!

July 19th, 2011
Offensive
Wouldn't stay on topicTold me I was the problemNo respect for previous Doctors seenWouldn't address reason for seeing him.

February 21st, 2011
Dr. Foote Saved My Life
I was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of breast cancer at 34. Largely due to Dr.Foote's excellent care and leading edge treatment plan, I have been cancer free for 18 years now. Dr. Foot is always current on the latest studies and trials and uses this information to help his patients. He is kind, caring and professional at all times. You could not be in better hands.

January 13th, 2011
He Saved My Life
Dr. Foote was a terrific doctor with the best bedside manner I have ever encountered. Upbeat and professional at the same time. He took the time to explain all of the information to me and answered my questions until I understood. I am alive today having lived through AML leukemia due to both Dr Foote and his partner Ms Esqudier.